User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    583 so/sp

Pop culture .... boring.

Personally I don't try and go out of my way to keep up with pop culture as such. I enjoy what I enjoy regardless of it being pop or underground.

MBTI
    STP

Google news to stay up with world events. I don't care about pop culture. I more focus on the people in my life and my own life then the life outside of that. I don't generally care about popular outside of what I or those around me like. If what I like aligns with whats actually popular so be it, I don't care. If not then so be it, I don't care. I have no desire to be "social" so I don't do things so I can "socialize" When everyone else is chatting about the super bowl I really could care less if I can "connect" with people by watching and talking about it.

What do I follow on facebook...people/pages who are uplifting or funny. 2 things that matter the most to me. I don't tweet, I don't Instagram, I don't snapchat. I only facebook because of actual close friends and family.

They say humans are social animals and I will not deny that, but I am happy socializing with just a small select few and not the world.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Consilience liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    694 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

I've been oblivious to everything since I was born, so I can't say. Hell, my Dad is more aware of current events than I am, he is the one who brought up Lil Peep's death for example among other things, and he's 50

I've never been sympathetic to hype at all, I am in my own time and figure things out before or after everyone else
    MBTI: INTP
    Socionics: LII Harmonizing subtype
    Attitudinal Psyche:FVEL
    Enneagram: 6w5 9 4w5 sp/sx
    Global 5:
    RLUEN-Egocentric
    MOTIV: ACTWD

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

My wife is 25, and I have 3 sister laws and 1 brother in law, aged 24, 19, 16, and 14 respectively.

I follow along with some things but they treat me like an old man (even though I’m only 34) and I’m fine with this.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    We have 4 kids from 28 to 16. Plus all their friends. Plus Twitter and Reddit (I refuse to set foot on a FB platform so no Instagram, WhatsApp, Occulus, tbh and oh look, a new government issued ID verification platform, nice). I stay up to date with little effort.
    I still cant believe you're a reddit user ceecee

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Reddit.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    I dunno, if you mean like memes, from my experience a meme hits sites like Tumblr or Reddit first, then it's old by the time Youtube or Twitter get it, and it's dead when it gets to Facebook.
    And its zombi cenobite by the time it reaches TypoC massive!
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't care what Justin Bieber is doing.
    Old man Jaguar!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've always been very interested in pop culture so i don't have any trouble keeping up with it. i follow dozens of different pages on various social media that keep me ~young n fresh~ although i do struggle to keep up with new music because there is too much and i don't find myself feeling excited by most of it anymore.

i don't know that there is really one universal "pop culture" anymore... i think it's broken off into a few different subsets.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I still cant believe you're a reddit user ceecee

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe you use Facebook. It's nothing but surveillance and data mining. I don't understand why you hate on Reddit so much. I know all about places like r/The_Donald - I don't go there, I never have. I go to places like r/DIY and r/AsianBeauty or r/BlackPeopleTwitter. Very little bullshit goes on. You can filter out things there like you can't do with Facebook or Twitter.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Qlip, chickpea, Lark liked this post