User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do Liberals Hate Conservatives?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 21.43%
  • No

    5 35.71%
  • Maybe

    6 42.86%
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 34

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Plenty of dinosaur people hate other dinosaurspeople based on their political views but it is nothing particularly unique with Liberals. It did remind Falcarius of a story over the Summer regarding a British MP
    What country are you in?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  2. #12
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    22,208

    Default

    I'm a socialist and I hate everyone.

    Most individualistic socialist there is.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,187

    Default

    As for the "hard" choices between liberal and conservative, it's a false dichotomy if anybody think that's all there is to the human race.

    In Europe they will tell us that they define those terms differently, but that's because they are farther to the Left.

    There has been a Centrist movement in the US since 2010. It is better known as Rational Centrism because of the call for thoughtfulness versus knee-jerk reactionaryism.



    (P.s.) I disagree that Obama was/is a Rational Centrist.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  4. #14
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    22,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    As for the "hard" choices between liberal and conservative, it's a false dichotomy if anybody think that's all there is to the human race.

    In Europe they will tell us that they define those terms differently, but that's because they are farther to the Left.

    There has been a Centrist movement in the US since 2010. It is better known as Rational Centrism because of the call for thoughtfulness versus knee-jerk reactionaryism.



    (P.s.) I disagree that Obama was/is a Rational Centrist.
    Europe, if you're meaning Continental Europe or the EU, I'm not sure, anyway, I identify as being part of Europe anyway, whether its defined that way or not, may not have been cursed by the liberal/conservative culture wars in the same was the US or english speaking world.

    Its not because they are further to the left, its that the centre ground is not on the far right margins as it is in the US.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Europe, if you're meaning Continental Europe or the EU, I'm not sure, anyway, I identify as being part of Europe anyway, whether its defined that way or not, may not have been cursed by the liberal/conservative culture wars in the same was the US or english speaking world.

    Its not because they are further to the left, its that the centre ground is not on the far right margins as it is in the US.
    I'm just talking about Europeans, who are ubiquitous on Facebook and object to the US version of Left/Right politics because those terms mean something different there. Probably a Leftist is a communist and a Rightist is a fascist.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  6. #16
    The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    What country are you in?
    UK, probably not relevant to be honest.The centre in British politics has all but disappeared, leaving the country as polarized as the U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

    Narcissism, plain and simple.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    22,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I'm just talking about Europeans, who are ubiquitous on Facebook and object to the US version of Left/Right politics because those terms mean something different there. Probably a Leftist is a communist and a Rightist is a fascist.
    I got the feeling you'd not made the real acquaintance of anyone and were talking about an online interaction.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    22,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    UK, probably not relevant to be honest.The centre in British politics has all but disappeared, leaving the country as polarized as the U.S.
    Tony Blair, like Clinton, moved the centre ground to the right, formerly occupied by Thatcher-Reagan's parties, the conservatives responded to the "new consensus" by moving even further to the right and its not been able to arrest that militant tendency or correct course since then.

  9. #19
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post

    In Europe they will tell us that they define those terms differently, but that's because they are farther to the Left.
    They will because conservatism has a different point oft reference. Different historical roots.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

    -τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-
    Likes Red Herring liked this post

  10. #20
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Must admit to disliking people who support Trump and all his corrupt swamp monsters.

Similar Threads

  1. what do you hate?
    By miss fortune in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2889
    Last Post: 10-06-2017, 06:47 AM
  2. [NF] do you hate ENTPs
    By sakuraba in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 02:43 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Do you hate when people see you as hippie?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
  4. [INTJ] Do you HATE Guessing Games?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 12:02 AM
  5. Do Extraverts hate Extraversion?
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 07:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO