User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    There's only a few things I'm thankful for over being able to walk into the world without being noticed or bothered. My empathy for the ladies.
    Why you no allow me to LIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think that this serves a good purpose to make people aware of the creepers that women have to deal with daily in some cases. But it also gives attention to these people who don't deserve it. Many people are blissfully unaware of some of the issues that different people face, and this serves the purpose to inform. I see it more as a statement than a cry for attention.
    A lot of men, unfortunately, could give a shit because they dont see themselves as ever being subject to the unwanted attentions of a predator.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Most of the time my standard feeling on this is - You're not getting a behavior change in women until we see compelling evidence that men deserve it. Let us know when it sinks in, guys.

What about <insert guy not using the OP's method>!!! ???

No one is talking about or to you.
    Well, yeah. I agree.

I think this is where the average woman and average man have just vastly different everyday experiences. I have guy friends who really are confused as to "women's signals" and just do not know how to talk to women for various reasons: Fear of rejection, anxiety, inexperience.

They look for meta clues as to what women may want. Form some mental checklist they must adhere to or not do and then universally apply those as a "one size fits all" to women, which...argh! If something works once, they keep it. If something doesn't they immediately discard it, instead of finesse some things...anyway...if you can't tell I get frustrated listening to some of their stories.

If you're someone who wants to ask those questions, "What about if I do this? Is this ok?" in a thread like this here is an answer that isn't as blunt as CeeCee's method. (I love an E8!).

This thread shows what NOT to do on a universal scale, and that's it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I've been catcalled a few times from people in cars. I do find it irritating. (And I'm surprised no other male has reported this.) The really irritating and stupid thing about cat-calling is that it's always a one-way interaction. How the hell do you respond to someone driving past you in a car?
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    I get cat-called by redneck chicks pretty regularly. It's awesome and stupid at the same time.
    Ok, so it's not just me.

-Zhuangzi

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Cat calling? Those cats need to come when you call 'em.

Always Intentional

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I've been catcalled a few times from people in cars. I do find it irritating. (And I'm surprised no other male has reported this.) The really irritating and stupid thing about cat-calling is that it's always a one-way interaction. How the hell do you respond to someone driving past you in a car?

Women who do this are just as foul. It’s not about flattery...it’s about intimidation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Women who do this are just as foul. It’s not about flattery...it’s about intimidation.
    I didn't find it flattering. I wondered if they were being sarcastic or not. At best it was annoying.

-Zhuangzi

Visit my Johari:

Always Intentional

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I didn't find it flattering. I wondered if they were being sarcastic or not. At best it was annoying.
    They probably did find you attractive idk. But catcalls are not meant to express that. They are meant to get a rise out of the person. Make them feel powerless in some way.