User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    This is bizarre and something about it feels off to me. Why would you stop and take a pic with people catcalling you? Wouldn't that just make them feel emboldened and rewarded for their behaviour? Also, what purpose does photographing these men and posting these pictures on social media serve? Does she hope they'll be recognized by their bosses and lose their construction jobs?
    Her purpose appears to be to document what is going on, the frequency and variety of the harassment, a bit like the "everyday sexism" website. Yes, it is risky in appearing to invite attention. So is confronting the schoolyard bully, though in this case it is more like taking a video of questionable actions by a police officer.

And thanks, gentlemen who have posted, for your support and understanding. You NEVER need to apologise for anyone's behavior but your own. it is enough for you to act with respect yourselves, and to promote that with your example.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Atomic Fiend liked this post

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    This brave lady took pictures of all those who catcalled her as a selfie to the show both the abuser and abused right on the spot
    I will also list the saying from abuser if possible:

[not listed]

[not listed]

[not listed]

... after following me for straight 10 minutes "sexy girl Where you goin'?? Can I come with you ?" ...

Mmmmmm beautiful sweet girl

[reportedly called her "baby"]

[not listed]

"Ey sexy Chiquita! A donde vas sola?/Ey sexygirl, Where are you going alone?"

"Hey beautiful, Why are you sad?" ~"I'm not sad" ~"Why don't you smile at me then? You're too sweet to be sad"

"Wohoo look! *laughing and loud whistling* "

"psssst, whoooooop, Can he have your number?"

slowly following me 2 streets shouting "sexy!" and "wanna come in my car?"

"hmmmm you wanna kiss?"

*psssssst, kissing sounds and whistling"

"baby! Baby! *whisting*"

"Hey meisje, waar ga je naartoe?" ~"naar huis" ~ "Mogen we mee? Waar woon je? Denk dat wij wel leuke dingen samen kunnen doen"

"Babyyyyyyyy! THANKYOU" *blowkiss*

"weheeee horny girl"

"meisjeeeeee!" *gefluit* / Girlllllllll! *whistling*

*honks at me 3 times with his scooter, approaches from behind and cuts off my way* "God bless, When I see you, all I get is wild thoughts, wild, Wild Thoughts!! Darling" *honks again 3 times*

"I know what I would do with you, baby"

It needs to stop.
    This is basically this woman bragging about how hot she is all day, and at the same time getting to act pissed about it.

The very definition of having your cake and eating it too.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    8w9

Along with a side of a mean case of resting bitch face.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    8w9

This whole thing is a humblebrag.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes Isk Stark liked this post

Right.

Coz when you get annoyed at the 5 salescalls a day, and vent about it or have a secretary field them, thats just a humble brag about how much money you make and how succesful you are. It has nothing to do about the incessant barrage on your time and person of people who wont accept a no.

And god forbid you try to get those companies to leave you alone or make them someobe elses problem(like your secretaries) and that you dont listen to them on a sonday night when they ve tracked you down and instead get pissy - that would be having a resting bitch face, after all. That is not harassment at all.

Your time in public and on the phone should never be yours - it is always available to those that just want your money - that is what it is to be in business - all day, every day.

Btw, you also have no choice in being in business and you should consider yourself lucky as your business wil go belly up in 10-15 years, so be grateful for the time you have left. And no, you dont get to quit - this is what you are supposed to do. There is no chznfing thzt til your time is up - even if you want to get out now. Harasment is just part of life so stop bring ungrateful for all that attention.

God, im so glad to be done with my time served, for the most part.

Enneagram
    8w9

I'm sorry her attractiveness which literally gives her so much influence over men she can't avoid it, comes with the downside of cat calls.

I'm sure there are tons of busted girls out there who would give ANYTHING to spend just one day in that girls shoes.

We all have our crosses to bear, and I'm tired of hearing about what a burden being beautiful is.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    The guy on the scooter who doubles back and the "wanna come in my car" are straight up scary. Like, time to watch my back now....

The rest are ...*sigh* normal and some I wouldn't even say are overtly threatening but annoyingly unpleasant. No, that doesn't' mean their behavior is acceptable. I'm just triaging this mess.

I'm glad she did it because I think seeing this will at least let people know that complaining about this isn't blaming guys for trying to hit on women. It's pretty obvious that this kind of thing doesn't really work as far as endearing women to men and seeing that real bad creeps are peppered into this, I would hope it brings a larger picture home as to why a lot of women are standoffish and distrustful and yes, bitches.
    I definitely recognised that, some of those guys look like they are eejits, its obviously unwelcome behaviour and she conveys that unmistakeably but some of them are straight up sinister, they'd be the sort of people that I'd spot and give a wide berth to if I could.

What I would say though is that, and its not immediately apparent from the pics unless you're willing to read something into them which may not be there, the kind of motivation that prompts people to cat call others isnt usually restricted to that, the most pushy, borderline predatory males I knew at university were also the ones likely to get into fights or behave in uncalled for aggressive and confrontational ways with peers or others.

In my experience most of the people who act that way dont have anyone or anything keeping them in check, they arent going to be shamed by a picture like this, it could even encourage them.

On a more personal level I hate this sort of behaviour, I absolutely loathe it, they have no honour. Any of them.

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Interesting demographics of the catcallers. Perhaps that might play a small role in all this.

I have been catcalled since I was a teen, mostly by females, but not always. I guess I should have felt objectified and harassed and victimized, but I always just felt flattered, especially now as a middle-aged guy.

My sister met her husband catcalling him in college.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There's only a few things I'm thankful for over being able to walk into the world without being noticed or bothered. My empathy for the ladies.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think that this serves a good purpose to make people aware of the creepers that women have to deal with daily in some cases. But it also gives attention to these people who don't deserve it. Many people are blissfully unaware of some of the issues that different people face, and this serves the purpose to inform. I see it more as a statement than a cry for attention.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)