First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Too bad. And I was hoping for some good advice. This sure looked like it was referring to the guys who actually catcall:

"if the point is showing men something, and most men don't take the message seriously"

If you didn't mean confronting them in the moment, what do you see as the best way(s) to raise that broader awareness among men who don't take the current message seriously?
    no, i mean that things designed to raise awareness tend to only be meaningful to people that allready care... that the stuff quoted in the o.p. means very little in terms of problem solving...

post script:

perhaps they are meant for back patting and identification of those who aren't on board?

anyhow, i don't see it as a major issue beyond potential escalation... there are things going on that can't be walked away from... all over the world horrible shit, and people talking seems like the least of it...
    “The only intelligent tactical response to life’s horror is to laugh defiantly at it.”
    ― søren kierkegaard

“Most men are not wicked... They are sleep-walkers, not evil evildoers.”
    ―franz kafka

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    ― kurt vonnegut

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm still waiting for @SearchingforPeace to explain what he meant about how the "demographics" of the photos were interesting. I'm honestly puzzled.

I didn't see any demographic stand out, other than the fact that they were all male.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    anyhow, i don't see it as a major issue beyond potential escalation... there are things going on that can't be walked away from... all over the world horrible shit, and people talking seems like the least of it...
    Would you say that if the "talking" involved racial or religious slurs? Words create a climate in which corresponding actions can flourish, whether that is violence against blacks or Muslims, or sexual assault.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    This is bizarre and something about it feels off to me. Why would you stop and take a pic with people catcalling you?
    Exactly.
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I'm still waiting for @SearchingforPeace to explain what he meant about how the "demographics" of the photos were interesting. I'm honestly puzzled.

I didn't see any demographic stand out, other than the fact that they were all male.
    Yeah I wondered that too but all I could see is working class and several were not white.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yeah I wondered that too but all I could see is working class and several were not white.
    Which is the very demographics to see. I wasn't going to supply the answer to a person who seems unwilling to look and see what is clear to anyone.

The pictures indicate that most appear to be working class at best, hence a likely demographic category.

At least some, if not all, of the pictures are in Europe, but the majority don't appear to be of European descent, or the same nationality or ethnicity as the woman, so yet another likely demographic category.

As such, interesting demographics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Which is the very demographics to see. I wasn't going to supply the answer to a person who seems unwilling to look and see what is clear to anyone.

The pictures indicate that most appear to be working class at best, hence a likely demographic category.

At least some, if not all, of the pictures are in Europe, but the majority don't appear to be of European descent, or the same nationality or ethnicity as the woman, so yet another likely demographic category.

As such, interesting demographics.
    It's fine if you want to try and convince people that this kind of harassment of women has only been going on since the influx of Middle East and North African immigrants in Europe but it isn't necessarily going to work on everyone.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Starry, Yama, Raffaella liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It's fine if you want to try and convince people that this kind of harassment of women has only been going on since the influx of Middle East and North African immigrants in Europe but it isn't necessarily going to work on everyone.
    I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I merely observed something and tried to let others draw their own conclusions. Any general application you are adding is about you, not me.

I would never claim that catcalling never happened in Europe before mass immigration (a ludicrous idea).

However, this one girl's experience appears to be related to demographics.

Whether that is indicative of a more general rule for Europe today would require additional evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So the party line so far is.... "She should be thankful for the compliments", "she's obviously bragging", "Men will be men", "immigrants are bad", "somebody grabbed my dick once and I liked it", "liberals... blah blah blah". It's anything but, "that really sucks, people should stop it". Some very serious, weird, but totally expected contortioning here.

Always Intentional

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    So the party line so far is.... "She should be thankful for the compliments", "she's obviously bragging", "Men will be men", "immigrants are bad", "somebody grabbed my dick once and I liked it", "liberals... blah blah blah". It's anything but, "that really sucks, people should stop it". Some very serious, weird, but totally expected contortioning here.
    You forgot how "skin color" just came into play...

(whoops maybe that was covered under 'immigrants' fuck).

Men (people) working outside in urban areas may get a tan and subsequently, spontaneously become immigrants.
    Likes Qlip liked this post