User Tag List

12 Last

Lightbulb Good News: Come & Play

I am still invested in real news and social ills and 'who's ahead in the polls'...

BUT, I have a pet theory that there is hella more good news than gets attention in the traditional media.

I honestly believe {} that a good percent of the population consists of: people who are generally good, motivated, and well-intentioned. Yeah, I've experienced the worst that life offers but I also am constantly amazed by the love, humour, will and generosity of people around the world.

Would you take note of good stories when you come across them and share them here? (Puleez)

To start it off, here's a story about two of my favourite things: Good Dad's and Ingenuity

https://www.romper.com/p/dad-builds-...alloween-21001
    Likes miss fortune, Ivy liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I forget where I read it, but many years ago I learned that the brain is much better at remembering negative events/things than postivie, largely because the former is more important to our survival. Further they also attract more attention.

As such it makes lots of sense that there is far more good news than is reported.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, SpankyMcFly liked this post

"Ce que nous connaissons est peu de chose, ce que nous ignorons est immense."
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

i will even though i find most of them to be like oh i helped a disabled/homeless/some other marginilized person of society give me kudos, when most of the time they would ignore those people they just want their 15 minutes of fame. but at the same time some people are really doing it because they actually care. and it's hard to tell. but yes i will share good news when i find it. maybe you should start an online newspaper that's nothing but good news story and it could be called "It's all good"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

A sad story with optimistic ending?

About 3 weeks ago there was an unpleasant case. A 8-year old girl made drawings with colorful chalk on sidewalk in front of her block. Housing association after this 'incident' left notification to parents publically calling them (with name, surname) to clean the sidewalk after what their daughter done. They ad information that if parents have no money to buy paper for their daughter housing association will be happy to help.

I mean what a jerks.

Week later people who read this online organised happening- a crowd of people (adults, kids) came in front of the block to draw. In the central part of drawings was made a big writing "It's nice to see you"
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    maybe you should start an online newspaper that's nothing but good news story and it could be called "It's all good"

I hear ya about the treacly sweet, or manipulative stories. Hopefully we can find other kinds of stuff!

@Kas

Love to see united action as a response when lack of common sense/kindness is shown.
    Likes prplchknz, Kas liked this post

Default Beer That Delivers Itself!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/26/te...-run.html?_r=0

Ok, this is also a bit of bad news for delivery drivers or humans being replaced by robots...but still I think it's more on the side of good news becaussssee:

Beer that delivers itself! The best idea since local breweries started Growlers! (grin)

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post

I hear ya about the treacly sweet, or manipulative stories. Hopefully we can find other kinds of stuff!

@Kas

Love to see united action as a response when lack of common sense/kindness is shown.
    if i come across something i'll post it
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

@Cloudpatrol

In one of the newspapers in the UK there is this section every weekday:

And this section as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

A subject dear to my heart: Student Loan Reprieves.

I hope with all my heart that this movement extends to the U.S.A.

Canadians with government student loans who make $25K or less will get some reprieve - National | Globalnews.ca