User Tag List

View Poll Results: When the Children of the Future Ask: "Who Did You?"

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Voting for the candidate I have had in mind since the beginning.

6 19.35%
  • Voting for a different candidate than I originally intended.

7 22.58%
  • Undecided

1 3.23%
  • Election: leaves me embarrassed & need to take a shower

9 29.03%
  • Alternate (not described above or live elsewhere)

8 25.81%
First 123412 Last

Thread: 2016: F It

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    F in this case stands for FEELINGS

Where are you with this election?

Want to rant? Sad? Discouraged?

It's November 9th and you are jubilant/disappointed?

Let's hear it!
    I'm definitely more involved and defintely have educated myself since it's circus like inception. So, I'm okay with where I am and who I'm voting for. I did change from the initial candidate to a 3rd party.

I don't feel right about not voting although I had that existential crisis of all of it not mattering. I think with other countries fighting for their independence and freedom, I owe it to my country to delve into issues and wade through as much BS to get to what I really believe is best for the direction this country would take.

I realized I was being kind of lazy and complacent in not getting involved and feeling trapped.

Going forward, I plan on belng a lot more involved in my local elections.

@Totenkindly I have to agree that the 3rd parties will eventually become the 2. But I hope at least we can open primaries, and do some things to bring more options to the table at local levels.
    ----

I'm okay with the pendulum swings. I think that is democracy at work. So, I'm not pessimistic about things. I am empowered.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You still got friends overseas ?

We are preparing nukes as an preemptive strike in case Trump wins

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

As uncomfortable as it is, the truth is I genuinely think more people need to see the stupidity in the limelight that is Trump and his followers. I'm not saying Democrats are automatically more educated by any means, but we need to see the hate and racism and sexism and all of that that is still very much prevalent.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

^^I chalk it up to sheltered ass white folks. It's easy to think BLM is pure evil if you're unaware of the shit black people deal with.

It's satire, sure, but when Samantha Bee's show went to the RNC, a number of people interviewed seem to have no clue what BLM really stood for, when asked. Several seemed to start to come around after discussing it more with the interviewers. Empathy and understanding is the path to unity, not sword rattling and refusal to hear any other views.

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

we have the two absolutely worst individuals to have major party nominations in about a hundred years, if not longer. The major parties are both extremely corrupt and unresponsive to the people but with no change in sight because they still fear monger enough to get people to vote against the other candidate, no matter that Donald and the Clintons were and are good friends.......

I see it as a sure sign of the fina decline of the republic. Unfortunately, a dictatorship is the most likely outcome and that might be the best case scenario.....

So I mourn my country and there really isn't anything we can do about it.

The Roman Emperors kept a veneer of repubicanism and I suspect something similar will occur, but America was a great dream. It had a good run.

What a tragedy that we threw it all away......
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
    Likes Bush, SpankyMcFly liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Is it actually a sign of collective narcism that you keep comparing America to the Roman empire?

Yes, I agree with that disconnect @Totenkindly. I also think the 'world' sees America like an older sibling that it can look up to. Even if there is sibling-rivalry or squabbles at times. The impression I get is that people are not disappointed with the process, as much as the manner in which people are behaving.

Along those lines, I agree with you @MDP2525

I don't feel right about not voting although I had that existential crisis of all of it not mattering. I think with other countries fighting for their independence and freedom, I owe it to my country to delve into issues and wade through as much BS to get to what I really believe is best for the direction this country would take.
    Sometimes in the Education System, I am disappointed with the actions of those in charge. But, it doesn't make me question the value of education or disengage. A vote is powerful, in practical application and even ideologically. It's why I am saddened that the 'antics' are alienating young people and producing apathy.

So, I'm not pessimistic about things. I am empowered.
    Cool

I understand why you are undecided @Anaximander. I hope as time progresses you can find somewhere that represents - enough of your interests - to win your loyalty.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    As uncomfortable as it is, the truth is I genuinely think more people need to see the stupidity in the limelight that is Trump and his followers. I'm not saying Democrats are automatically more educated by any means, but we need to see the hate and racism and sexism and all of that that is still very much prevalent.
    I see you've looked into the DNC emails explicitly demonstrating racism, hate, and sexism.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Xann, SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ZNP-TBA View Post
    I see you've looked into the DNC emails explicitly demonstrating racism, hate, and sexism.
    If you're implicating I am blind to the fact that the shitty two-party system has awful people on both sides despite my acknowledging that democrats aren't automatically defaulted into being immune to these topics, then ... Yeah, what are you saying except high-fiving yourself for being so enlightened? And I'm sure your coffee emoji wasn't the slightest bit condescending. Not even a little.

I'm saying that Trump supporters are very open with their racism and sexism and hate. And America, and the world, needs to see that. Because if there are THAT many people in the open, then there are just as many, and going by the cockroach theory much more than that, being subtle about it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    We tend to think of just two parties here even when there are third parties involved. IOW, if a third-party would provide some dominance, one of the current two parties would basically lose power -- the two essentially swap roles. So we still would have a two-party system in terms of effect.

The impression I get talking to my friends overseas is that they have many parties in some circumstances, and the parties typically cobble out coalitions on different issues; they seem to think more in terms of a multi-party system at a base level. So they don't really get why we have just these two parties that are now polarizing and why there is nothing in the middle.
    Yes, US system strikes me as completely different. In fact to me as a person outside the differences between parties (generally and not representatives) are not that big and bright as in my country. They both try to get to the biggest possible number of voters so it's more fluid. In here there are many parties (although usually two most 'important' ) and they often represent extremely different ideas as they try to get to particular type of voters, sometimes even small group : not only conservative or liberal but also young, mid-age or old, believers or not, blue-collar workers, students, large families etc
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle