User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZNP-TBA View Post
    You didn't answer the contradiction that he pointed out though. His skepticism of government run healthcare doesn't automatically mean he supports the status quo in the U.S. either.
    Actually, I did. Tellenbach raised the specific concern of how the government will handle patient information vs. a private company, and that is what I addressed. I am sure there are other criticisms of national or "single-payer" health care, but these were not raised here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    It's much easier suing a hospital or medical clinic that mishandles our records than the US government, so there is a huge difference. Also, the government has demonstrated many, many times that they are partisan (Democrat) and will use the power of government to punish dissenters. The harm and the potential for harm is much greater when the information is in the hands of partisan zealots like Lois Lerner.

How is this possible if the criminal is a liberal Democrat and the agency that holds her responsible is also run by liberal Democrats? Would Loretta Lynch ever prosecute a fellow liberal? Lois Lerner got away with it.
    Have you ever sued a hospital or medical clinic? Most people haven't the money needed to hire a lawyer and file the paperwork with the court to even start the process, while the hospital usually has experienced lawyers on staff. A few calls to one's representative, or a well-worded letter to the newspaper, however, can catch the attention of a government official in a position to do something. It helps to remember that most of the government people one would deal with in a government health care system would be career civil servants, not political appointees.

Your concern about liberal Democrats in positions of power are valid only until the next election that replaces them with Republicans. Both parties know this, which itself limits how far off the tracks they will go. Moreover, political appointees on that level are subject to intense public scrutiny. Resignations have happened due to having such improprieties exposed.

Corporations, on the other hand, are allowed to do most things behind closed doors. If you were made to sign a contract agreeing to something as a condition of using their service, your only recourse is to take your business down the street, to another company likely doing the same thing.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

@Cloudpatrol

Conservatism to me is a way of viewing the world, more of a philosophy than a creed. Fundamentally, a conservative understands that people are flawed, and therefore that all attempts to create a utopia end in failure. For this reason, I dislike the ideological zealotry and inflexibility of modern conservatives, many of whom put "principles" over the national interest. So, I'm not a "free market conservative" or a "national security conservative" - my identity doesn't stem from my beliefs. Rather, my identity - as a New Zealander, as a man, as an Anglo-Saxon - created and continues to inform my beliefs. I am a conservative because implementing a conservative policy platform would benefit me, and disenfranchise my enemies.

I understand modern liberals much more intimately than many on the right. Obsessed by principles, the #NeverTrump cucks will not seize the opportunities offered by identity politics. They lack the cajones to get down in the mud and wage unremitting psychological warfare on our enemies. Guys like me understand why we are undergoing an existential crisis as a civilisation. If you lack the will to defend your territory from rival groups, you will lose it to them. This is basic biology - and it never ceases to amaze me how few people have grasped it. At least Donald Trump has.