User Tag List

123 Last

Default Should voluntary suicide be legal?

I'm too lazy to look up links that are in favor or against it. Just voice your opinions.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

depends on the reasons. Is it because you're gonna die in 6 months any ways yes. is it because you're depressed or whatever then no. I have been suicidally depressed so i do know what's it like. and I still have days where i feel that way, but i can't hurt people by killing myself. Even if I feel worthless and like shit i have to stay alive even when i feel like there's not point and that i'm just a waste of space. I'm sure some people are going to say suicide in that instance should be allowed, but i say no, right now my life is pretty good so that might be influencing my answer.but even when i really think it be for the best i realize that no ones going to know the truth and that the resources i take i don't deserve and others deserve them more.

ok i've managed to confuse myself so i might've switched the yes and no. so if you're going to die anyways it should be legal. if your'e not it shouldn't be but i don't think you should be put in jail for it.
    Likes N/A, Poki, Hitoshi-San liked this post

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Irrelevant question.

Even if you commit suicide what are they going to do ? Put you in jail ?

(I presume you are thinking about euthanasia)
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes. I'm not considering moral or ethical arguments here, only legality.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Irrelevant question.

Even if you commit suicide what are they going to do ? Put you in jail ?
    LOL

Holy shit you didn't think this through did you? If it were legal then minimum pain methods would be much more accessible, not to consider the huge impact it would have on society.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes. I'm not considering moral or ethical arguments here, only legality.
    How do you separate moral / ethical arguments when we are considering the should part about proposing a law?

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    LOL

Holy shit you didn't think this through did you? If it were legal then minimum pain methods would be much more accessible, not to consider the huge impact it would have on society.
    I edited my post quickly. You should have defined this differently and in more detail in my opinion. If a person can move they can commit suicide at any time and that simply kills the question.

(actually English is not my fist language so I perhaps define some words differently)

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    depends on the reasons. Is it because you're gonna die in 6 months any ways yes. is it because you're depressed or whatever then no. I have been suicidally depressed so i do know what's it like. and I still have days where i feel that way, but i can't hurt people by killing myself. Even if I feel worthless and like shit i have to stay alive even when i feel like there's not point and that i'm just a waste of space. I'm sure some people are going to say suicide in that instance should be allowed, but i say no, right now my life is pretty good so that might be influencing my answer.but even when i really think it be for the best i realize that no ones going to know the truth and that the resources i take i don't deserve and others deserve them more.

ok i've managed to confuse myself so i might've switched the yes and no. so if you're going to die anyways it should be legal. if your'e not it shouldn't be but i don't think you should be put in jail for it.
    You would never come to mind when i think of people who waste or dont deserve resources.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

How do you separate moral / ethical arguments when we are considering the should part about proposing a law?
    Because everyone will have them. If suicide was legal and you could involved someone else (doctor, friend, parent...) without fear of prosecution, then others moral and ethical views and arguments wouldn't impact anyone else. Only themselves.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Sure

If you need help PM me and we'll set something up.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    STP

LOL

Laws are put in place to protect people from those who suck at making decent decisions. For example, law against texting while driving are due to people who cant text and drive responsibly. For example my son told me that i am the only person he trusts to text and drive. I text crazy slow when i drive because my eyes are still constantly scanning the road.

Morals and ethics do not apply to laws. Laws are in place to protect us from people who do stupid shit.
    Im out, its been fun