User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    ...and most Hillary supporters accept her struggles with honesty...
    Lmao. That turn of phrase made my night.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost
    Does anyone even know what was in those problematic E-mails ?
    Putin knows.

If we just look at the e-mail controversy, we know that Hillary lied when she said:

1) She installed the private email server for convenience. We know this isn't true from the IG report. She did it to hide stuff.
    2) She didn't need approval to do it because it was allowed. This is also untrue.
    3) None of the emails she sent or received were classified. Later, she amended this statement to "marked classified". The first statement was a lie. We don't know about the 2nd statement because she's deleted 30,000 emails.
    4) She said former secretaries of state did this. This is another lie. Colin Powell had 2 separate computers, one for handling private emails and the other for official business. He also didn't install a private email server.

Yeah, she struggles with honesty like a chimp struggles with calculus.
    There are 129 million dead trees in California. Governor Moonbeam vetoed legislation to cut down these trees; now there are multiple forest fires that have resulted in many deaths, including 300 missing people. This is why Dems are dangerous; this treehugger refused to cut down even dead trees.
    Likes SpankyMcFly, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    What I wanted to test with this thread is how much people are ready to overlook the few flaws of a political figure if this person has good leadership skills ?
    Two things are certain: all politicians have flaws, and someone on the ballot will end up in office. This means we must make the best choice among available candidates. Often this involves choosing the candidate who exhibits the fewest flaws, or those least likely to impact our nation and its people negatively. I care much less, for example, about Bill Clinton lying about his extramarital affairs than I do about Ronald Reagan lying about the whole Iran-Contra mess. The first is personal, the second is very much tied to the president's official duties. Put another way, Clinton lied in response to questions that should never have been put to him, except by his wife and family, in private.

Bottom line for me: I vote for the candidate most likely to be able to implement more of my personal agenda, and take the country in the way I think it should go. I would hope every voter uses a similar yardstick (substituting their own priorities and values, of course).

There are very few outside of Hillary supporters that would call her honest...... and most Hillary supporters accept her struggles with honesty... ..
    Perhaps that is because other candidates' struggles with it are even greater. A recent analysis of statements made during the presidential debates found that Hillary lied, misstated, or stretched the truth about 25% of the time, while Donald Trump did it around 75% of the time. If lying is one's litmus test, the choice is obvious.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Floki liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Two things are certain: all politicians have flaws, and someone on the ballot will end up in office. This means we must make the best choice among available candidates. Often this involves choosing the candidate who exhibits the fewest flaws, or those least likely to impact our nation and its people negatively. I care much less, for example, about Bill Clinton lying about his extramarital affairs than I do about Ronald Reagan lying about the whole Iran-Contra mess. The first is personal, the second is very much tied to the president's official duties. Put another way, Clinton lied in response to questions that should never have been put to him, except by his wife and family, in private.

Bottom line for me: I vote for the candidate most likely to be able to implement more of my personal agenda, and take the country in the way I think it should go. I would hope every voter uses a similar yardstick (substituting their own priorities and values, of course).

Perhaps that is because other candidates' struggles with it are even greater. A recent analysis of statements made during the presidential debates found that Hillary lied, misstated, or stretched the truth about 25% of the time, while Donald Trump did it around 75% of the time. If lying is one's litmus test, the choice is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Nice edited video. Easy to make things sound bad by connecting sound bites together isn't it. Your video is very unconvincing.

I didn't support gay marriage previously either. At all. After thinking through it further, I'm ok with it. I guess I'm a liar as well.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Speaking of Jimmy Carter, I just saw this. Two Weeks in January: America's secret engagement with Khomeini - BBC News

The every so moral Jimmy Carter betrayed his ally the Shah and engineered making Iran into the Islamic Republic.....

But Carter's gambit proved to be a massive blunder. The real danger was overlooked, Khomeini's ambitions were underestimated, and his moves were misread.

Unlike Carter, Khomeini pursued a consistent strategy and played his hand masterfully. Guided by a clear vision of establishing an Islamic republic, the ayatollah engaged America with empty promises, understood its intentions, and marched toward victory.

Less than a year later, Khomeini - while holding the US Charge d'Affaires and dozens of other Americans during the Iranian hostage crisis - declared: "America can't do a damn thing."

He then celebrated the first anniversary of his victory with a major proclamation: Iran was going to fight American Imperialism worldwide.
    Gotta love morality like that. We have only paid that price for decades.....karma.....

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Nice edited video. Easy to make things sound bad by connecting sound bites together isn't it.

I didn't support gay marriage previously either. At all. After thinking through it further, I'm ok with it. I guess I'm a liar as well.
    Politifact rated it as mostly accurate.... but they must be partisan as well...

Hillary was adamantly anti-marriage equality, until it was no one longer politically feasible to do so.

You are not a politician with 40 years in the public eye.....comparing yourself to her is silly...... she was a huge advocate of DOMA. She actively opposed gay marriage until a few years ago, then lied about her past positions, just like everything else....

Look, I can tell you really want to feel good about supporting her. That is fine. But do so accepting her massive character flaws..... much better than trying to twist and compromise yourself

-------------------

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Nice edited video. Easy to make things sound bad by connecting sound bites together isn't it. Your video is very unconvincing.
    Exactly. Especially when we can probably find unedited video of Trump (or other candidates) with a much higher rate of falsehoods. If Hillary, or anyone else, is coming around to a viewpoint I espouse due to political expediency, I don't care as long as it is sufficient to cause her to follow through on it. That's how it works: you have to persuade people who don't agree initially, that what you want is somehow also in their best interests.

Speaking of Jimmy Carter, I just saw this. Two Weeks in January: America's secret engagement with Khomeini - BBC News

The every so moral Jimmy Carter betrayed his ally the Shah and engineered making Iran into the Islamic Republic.....
    Considering the Shah was basically an American puppet, it's about six of one, half dozen of the other on the morality scale. If the Iranian public really did/do want a theocracy that opposes the US, it would be undemocratic and hypocritical to force a different government on them.

Look, I can tell you really want to feel good about supporting her. That is fine. But do so accepting her massive character flaws..... much better than trying to twist and compromise yourself
    I'm sure I am not the only one who can tell how much you dislike Hillary. No doubt this has guided the distorted and one-sided view of her you consistently present here.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I actually just disagree with your position. If there was proof, it would be a different story .

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Exactly. Especially when we can probably find unedited video of Trump (or other candidates) with a much higher rate of falsehoods. If Hillary, or anyone else, is coming around to a viewpoint I espouse due to political expediency, I don't care as long as it is sufficient to cause her to follow through on it. That's how it works: you have to persuade people who don't agree initially, that what you want is somehow also in their best interests.
    People who change positions for political expediency have no moral center and will change again on a dime. Anyone who believes that Hillary will continue to oppose the TPP if elected is beyond foolish.

Nixon is a great example of this. Power hungry and willing to use any means available to further his power. And since Hillary is the most Nixonian person since Nixon (called so by nonpartisans), the question is whether one is willing to accept someone like that.

Now, someone can be amoral yet successful in the short term. Nixon had some real successes to go along with some really horrible and destructive actions....

Considering the Shah was basically an American puppet, it's about six of one, half dozen of the other on the morality scale. If the Iranian public really did/do want a theocracy that opposes the US, it would be undemocratic and hypocritical to force a different government on them.
    Betraying people who trust you is usually held to be one of the most immoral activities. The Shah was a client. The Iranian people have been brutally repressed for decades by the Islamic Republic. Iran has been a leading cause of terrorism. Hundreds of thousands died because of this decision. Billions of dollars have been wasted because of a immoral choice by Jimmy.......

I'm sure I am not the only one who can tell how much you dislike Hillary. No doubt this has guided the distorted and one-sided view of her you consistently present here.
    I could easily present a nice argument for her. There are potential benefits of a Hillary presidency.

But why should I? She is fundamentally corrupt and dishonest. She has used public office for private gain. She destroys people to cover up her own issues. I don't think she would be a good president and think she is a pretty awful person overall.

It isn't partisan. I like Bernie a lot and hope he accepts the Green nomination if he can't get the Democratic one. I find Trump to be equally unfit for office as Hillary and presented the case as well, no matter that I could see a lot of positives from a Trump presidency.

If someone believes in Hillary or Donald and wants to support them, great for them. I just would like them to open their eyes to what type of person they really are. Cardinal Richelieu was a very effective leader for France and an absolutely horrible individual. One can support amoral and immoral people for leadership positions. They may possess superior leadership and competence and thereby be great in spite of their huge character flaws.

I just don't believe we need to accept scoundrels. When the people at the top are corrupt and dishonest, the rest of the country follows. We went our best and most principled people as leaders, not venal liars.....

-------------------

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

― George Orwell, 1984