MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

What's there to discuss?

Poor person.

Oh should an animal die for the child's fault of going where he/she isn't supposed to be going?

No.
    Maybe we can save the world
    From every evil boy and dangerous girl
    Please make me believe in harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Oh should an animal die for the child's fault of going where he/she isn't supposed to be going?
    On occasion.
    Likes geedoenfj, ChocolateMoose123, N/A liked this post

However You Project Me
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    On occasion.
    If killing is to save the child's life of course. If it's used for punishment and the kid is successfully extracted from the situation, then I think that's just dumb.
    Maybe we can save the world
    From every evil boy and dangerous girl
    Please make me believe in harmony

I dont like child neglect, never been a fan of it and wont ever be.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I was not aware that child neglect had any fans.

I would not advocate killing any animal if there was an alternative but in this case, I don't see one.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Ivy, N/A, /DG/, Stanton Moore liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I was not aware that child neglect had any fans.

I would not advocate killing any animal if there was an alternative but in this case, I don't see one.
    Yeah, I think its unfortunate that the animal needed to be killed but I'm not one of the fruit loops campaigners who'd rather have seen the kid dead or at least risked its death or injury by prioritising the animal's welfare.

Although not being one of the animal rights people doesnt mean their arguments that the animal was paying more attention to the kid than their parents or carers appear to have been are without validity.

When you name it there's no fans Ceecee, neglect is one of those things people can rationalise a dozen ways but eventually they need to accept they dropped the ball, maybe if they accept it quicker they can avoid a repeat of circumstances, maybe it doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    so you think it's the parent's fault he fell in

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI None

A few articles stated that the child informed his parents that he would be climbing the barrier. I think the outrage is justified. When you take your child to a place that requires your attention, you ought to make sure that you're willing to make the commitment. When your child informs you that he or she is going to do something dangerous, it's kind of your job to make sure that they don't go through with it.

Lowland Gorillas are endangered and the males are suitable to mate later in life, which Harambe was entering into. It really is a huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Also View Post
    A few articles stated that the child informed his parents that he would be climbing the barrier. I think the outrage is justified. When you take your child to a place that requires your attention, you ought to make sure that you're willing to make the commitment. When your child informs you that he or she is going to do something dangerous, it's kind of your job to make sure that they don't go through with it.

Lowland Gorillas are endangered and the males are suitable to mate later in life, which Harambe was entering into. It really is a huge loss.
    maybe he said it, maybe he didn't....i wasn't there. either way, his parents didn't build the exhibit...so I don't blame them for its lousy construction.