User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Thread: Harambe

So.

Zoos for people who've reached the age of majority and exhibit personal responsibility for their own safety.

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi
    Likes EJCC, tinker683 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Best article on this I've read yet.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii
    Likes magpie liked this post

Maybe the world will be a better place when there's no norms or expectations of anyone.

(Edit)

---

I cant see it though somehow.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    174 so/sx
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w8/4w3 so/sx (enneagram)
    member of the month (May 2018)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes SD45T-2, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes Floki liked this post

I took three small children to the zoo and never let them leave my side. Period. How pathetic a gorilla had to be killed because someone was too lazy to watch a goddamn kid.
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    697 sp

ok, but the gorilla wasn't mauling the kid. it was dragging him around but the kid wasn't getting his limbs ripped off. the zookeeper could've easily shot it with a tranquilizer. I think the dumbass parents are the problem. come on, you're in public, keep an eye on your kid.

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshi-San View Post
    ok, but the gorilla wasn't mauling the kid. it was dragging him around but the kid wasn't getting his limbs ripped off. the zookeeper could've easily shot it with a tranquilizer. I think the dumbass parents are the problem. come on, you're in public, keep an eye on your kid.
    If you're ever just dragged and thrown around by a gorilla, I'll make sure to let everyone know that you're fine waiting for a tranquilizer to kick in. In fact, I'll let everyone know not to rescue you at all if you're just being dragged and thrown around, and that you should only be rescued after the gorilla tears one of your limbs off. If it doesn't tear a limb off, we can just leave you there with the gorilla, since obviously you're not in a dangerous or traumatic situation.

https://www.romper.com/p/why-didnt-t...-quickly-11515

As the zoo’s Dangerous Animal Response Team monitored the situation, officials had to decide quickly whether the situation called for tranquilizing the gorilla or killing him. According to People, Maynard explained why other options, such as tranquilizing the gorilla, weren’t an option for the gorilla’s handlers:

"The idea of waiting and shooting it with a hypodermic was not a good idea. That would have definitely created alarm in the male gorilla. When you dart an animal, anesthetic doesn’t work in one second, it works over a period of a few minutes to 10 minutes. The risk was due to the power of that animal."
    Likes EJCC, Ivy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshi-San View Post
    You'd actually wait until the kid's arm was ripped off? You better be trolling.
    Likes magpie, Lark liked this post