User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 96

Thread: Harambe

  1. #71
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    11,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    It's just so wrong to kill the animal. People who justify killing animals are very sick in their minds. Valuing a life over another life is a very sick thing to do. Animals are living things too and they deserve to have the same priority to live in this world like the way humans do. It's just so cruel to kill the gorilla especially when the gorilla didn't have any ill intentions toward the boy.
    If you look carefully in the video, you will realize that there is a part in the video where the gorilla actually helped the little boy to adjust his pants. The gorilla was being protective toward the little boy, not aggressive.

    If there is anyone who deserves to get killed in this incident, it's the little boy's mother. Why isn't she holding his hands anyway?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Ivy, SD45T-2, Beorn, tinker683, Floki and 1 others liked this post

  2. #72
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, there's intractable differences here.
    That doesn't make you correct.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  3. #73
    A wannabe dog
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Oh.
    You people really do exist.
    Everyone in my circles has been perfectly reasonable about this so I didn't understand what the hub-bub was about.

    I suggest you start thinking seriously about humanity and values and stop being reactionary based on feels.

    Says the one who is being reactionary to my post based on feels.

    Look, I didn't say that the animal's life is more important than the boy's life, I am saying that both the animal's life and child's lives are equally important. The child's life is important, but so is the animal's life. They could have at least tried other methods first like maybe distracting the animal with some of his favorite foods before resorting to shooting the animal.

    But of course animals' lives aren't important at all! They can't talk like humans, so why do they deserve to have the same rights to live in this world as compared to humans? *sarcasm*

    And I should think about humanity? Oh yeah, it's because of "humanitarian" people like you that many animals ended up getting killed in this world because apparently animals' lives aren't that important, duh.

  4. #74
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Destiny, I am sure the zookeepers wish you had been there to make suggestions. "Why didn't we think to try distracting him with his favorite foods?!" *slaps forehead*

    They did that. It's been widely reported, including in this here thread, that they DID use food to try to call the gorillas off-exhibit, and Harambe would not come. They tried to get him out of there for ten agonizing minutes, during which he repeatedly dragged the child through the water with such force that the boy now has a concussion. It's not like they shot Harambe immediately.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  5. #75
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    31,636

    Default

    re putting your children on leashes and getting comments about them being treated like dogs: I know some people who treat their dogs better than most human children so actually from that pov it's a compliment.

  6. #76
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    11,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Says the one who is being reactionary to my post based on feels.

    Look, I didn't say that the animal's life is more important than the boy's life, I am saying that both the animal's life and child's lives are equally important. The child's life is important, but so is the animal's life. They could have at least tried other methods first like maybe distracting the animal with some of his favorite foods before resorting to shooting the animal.

    But of course animals' lives aren't important at all! They can't talk like humans, so why do they deserve to have the same rights to live in this world as compared to humans? *sarcasm*

    And I should think about humanity? Oh yeah, it's because of "humanitarian" people like you that many animals ended up getting killed in this world because apparently animals' lives aren't that important, duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post

    If there is anyone who deserves to get killed in this incident, it's the little boy's mother.
    You need to stop talking, immediately.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

  7. #77
    A wannabe dog
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You need to stop talking, immediately.
    If you noticed earlier, I haven't responded to your previous post when you tried to use that gif image to put me down. If you really dislike my posts that much I'd appreciate it if you can just leave me alone and stop talking to me. So I hope you will respect this request of mine and just leave me alone. Thank you

  8. #78
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    If you noticed earlier, I haven't responded to your previous post when you tried to use that gif image to put me down. If you really dislike my posts that much I'd appreciate it if you can just leave me alone and stop talking to me. So I hope you will respect this request of mine and just leave me alone. Thank you
    Just tell us you're a teen, please.
    "You know, with Hitler, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him."
    Norm MacDonald
    Likes Lark liked this post

  9. #79
    Just curious geedoenfj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    2,840

    Default Harambe

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    It's just so wrong to kill the animal. People who justify killing animals are very sick in their minds. Valuing a life over another life is a very sick thing to do. Animals are living things too and they deserve to have the same priority to live in this world like the way humans do. It's just so cruel to kill the gorilla especially when the gorilla didn't have any ill intentions toward the boy.
    If you look carefully in the video, you will realize that there is a part in the video where the gorilla actually helped the little boy to adjust his pants. The gorilla was being protective toward the little boy, not aggressive.

    If there is anyone who deserves to get killed in this incident, it's the little boy's mother. Why isn't she holding his hands anyway?
    I'm not going to argue the human vs animals life importance even though you think it's ok to kill the human mother and it's not ok to kill the gorilla..
    I got to agree that killing animals must be the very last resort, but obviously the situation needed a very quick intervention to save the childs life no time for tricks and games, however they could have just shoot the animal not kill him..
    But killing the mother.. I usually don't make judgments on how guilty is the mother in this sort of situations, not because it is not my specialty, and not because I only base these judgments on facts and evidence, but also because she was not the one dragging the kid around threatening his life, and there is a huge possibility that she didn't push her kid to the gorilla on purpose, the worst case scenario is that it was a neglect from the mother's side..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress


    “sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine


    6w7 > 1w2 > 4


  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    25,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    That doesn't make you correct.
    Is this supposed to persuade me of your point?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Just tell us you're a teen, please.
    Mature SJW?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO