User Tag List

First 891011 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail!
    You should be careful before you want to spread these kind of xenophobic lies. It's hate speech at its best.
    I think I trust Brigitte Gabriel more than Parisian government officials. Ideally, I'd want to hear the opinions of the French police as to the veracity of Ms. Gabriel's claims, but I lean strongly in her favor because it is a fact that hundreds of cars get torched in France each year by muslim youths. The fact that hundreds of acts of vandalism occurs each year means the police have lost control.
    Thank you Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries. I greatly enjoy the first 10 seconds of Linger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I think I trust Brigitte Gabriel more than Parisian government officials. Ideally, I'd want to hear the opinions of the French police as to the veracity of Ms. Gabriel's claims, but I lean strongly in her favor because it is a fact that hundreds of cars get torched in France each year by muslim youths. The fact that hundreds of acts of vandalism occurs each year means the police have lost control.
    Thank you for being a text book example.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Regarding the "hate speech" remark: I really don't care what you call it. Either it's true or it's not true. I've just finished reading two articles that say it's true.

Gatestone Institute: The Truth About Europe’s Muslim ‘No-Go Zones'

Fabrice Balanche, a well-known French Islam scholar who teaches at the University of Lyon, recently told Radio Télévision Suisse: “You have territories in France such as Roubaix, such as northern Marseille, where police will not step foot, where the authority of state is completely absent, where mini Islamic states have been formed.”
    French writer and political journalist Éric Zemmour recently told BFM TV: “There are places in France today, especially in the suburbs, where it is not really in France. Salafi Islamists are Islamizing some neighborhoods and some suburbs. In these neighborhoods, it’s not France, it’s an Islamic republic.” In a separate interview, Zemmour — whose latest book is entitled, “The French Suicide” — says multiculturalism and the reign of politically correct speech is destroying the country.
    French politician Franck Guiot wrote that parts of Évry, a township in the southern suburbs of Paris, are no-go zones where police forces cannot go for fear of being attacked. He said that politicians seeking to maintain “social peace” were prohibiting the police from using their weapons to defend themselves.
    Swedish Police Release Extensive Report Detailing Control Of 55 ‘No-Go Zones’ By Muslim Criminal Gangs

Swedish police have ceded control over 55 “no-go zones” to predominately Muslim criminal gangs.

An extensive report mapping out 55 no-go zones was released Oct. 24, showing where law enforcement has all but handed control to criminal gangs.
    Btw, I have zero emotional investment in this topic. I don't plan on visiting France or Sweden ever.
    Thank you Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries. I greatly enjoy the first 10 seconds of Linger.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Watch your sources:

(1) Gatestone institute = Ku Klux Klan

(2) Eric Zemmour = Far right activist known for his crude and ridiculous generalizations, already convicted several times for "racial defamation and incitement to racial hatred".

= ZERO credibility

_____

Next time you will quote the American Nazi Party ?

Sieg Heil !
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I live in Paris, and my first reactions when I heard this was rather similar to Cameron's :

British prime minister David Cameron sharply rebuked the analyst, Steven Emerson, for the remark. “When I heard this frankly I choked on my porridge and I thought it must be April Fools’ Day,” Cameron said. “This guy’s clearly a complete idiot.”
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMail!
    Watch your sources:

(1) Gatestone institute = Ku Klux Klan

Gatestone Institute

No offense, but perhaps you should do some research before making false claims.

The Gatestone Institute, formerly Stonegate Institute and Hudson New York, is a think tank based in New York City. The organization is chaired by John R. Bolton, former U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations, from 2005 to 2006, and Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, from 2001 to 2005.
    Gatestone publicizes the writings of authors as diverse as Alan Dershowitz, Robert Spencer, Palestinian journalist Khaled Abu Toameh, and Harold Rhode.[9] It is described by some media as “an internationally known American think-tank, specialized on strategy and defense questions.”

No offense, but perhaps you should do some research before making false claims.
    So should you.

As a Swede, I hadn't heard of these "no-go zones", so I followed the link your source provided to the official report made by the police.

First of all, the report is called "Criminal networks with big influence in their localities".
    Second, the police haven't handed control to the criminal gangs. They just have more trouble upholding law and order because few dare to be a part of the legal processes against the local criminals.
    Third, neither "no-go zones" or the word "muslim" are mentioned even once. The report even states that the police are safe to walk and patrol most of the investigated areas.

How about you employ some of that skepticism when a politically opinionated source makes claims suiting their (and your own) agenda?
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Hive
    Third, neither "no-go zones" or the word "muslim" are mentioned even once. The report even states that the police are safe to walk and patrol most of the investigated areas.
    The report's written in Swedish so I'll take your word for it. Also, it's unlikely that the word "muslim" will be used since Sweden is a leftist nation and it would be politically incorrect to criticize muslims; our own President refuses to acknowledge that ISIS is Islamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive
    How about you employ some of that skepticism when a politically opinionated source makes claims suiting their (and your own) agenda?
    As always, my agenda is to uncover the truth, even uncomfortable truths like this one:

In 2003, Sweden’s rape statistics were higher than average at 9.24, but in 2005 they shot up to 36.8 and by 2008 were up to 53.2. Now they are almost certainly even higher as Muslim immigrants continue forming a larger percentage of the population.

With Muslims represented in as many as 77 percent of the rape cases and a major increase in rape cases paralleling a major increase in Muslim immigration, the wages of Muslim immigration are proving to be a sexual assault epidemic by a misogynistic ideology.
    1 in 4 Swedish Women Will Be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500%
    Likes Mole liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I exists on the fringe of political theory with definite cross overs into bat shit insane territory but I've read some interesting things about the consequences of terror psychologically for individuals and societies.

If it is perceived as great enough and constant enough it will lead to the survival zones of the brain, ie those at the brain stem, often referred to as the "reptilian" brain, being used more often than the rational/cognitive and the bigger, emotionally intelligent centres.

This sort of change, in adults could lead to flat affect, which is a major factor in the development of attachment disorders in children, which is liable to lead to a functional reliance upon the "reptilian" brain from the pre-verbal days of development (and a nasty vulnerability to addiction all their days).

Obviously if this happens to an individual it is awful and has real consequences for them, if it happens on a wide enough scale it has serious social consequences, if its wide enough and intergenerational enough it has an effective geo-political consequence.

Now personally I interpret this as a bad state of affairs reproducing itself one generation on the next, also as an unintended consequence of terrorism but the "bat shit spectrum", I was speaking of suggests that its a form of geo political struggle, that states employ it plausibly deniability and all, or tolerate it, still others suggest its the work of secret societies or ethnic nationalists and link it in to all sorts of shit about repressed technologies, population control, cognitive and psychological underdevelopment and repression on a grand scale.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I wondered what you had to say about this. Glad to see we're on the same page. Have you read any of Slavoj Zizek's thoughts on the subject?

The idea that groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda would leave people alone if people were more respectful of their religion is ridiculous. Whatever issues with prejudice and discrimination might exist in Europe in no way "complicates" what happened in Paris.

The simple fact is that if a Christian massacred employees of an art museum for having a sculpture of Christ dripped in pee, the same people equivocating with Charlie Hebdo would be condemning it. They would be right to do so. However, the same standard ought to apply to Muslims.
    The other simple fact is that Christians as a body do NOT go around massacring people for explicitly anti-Christian artwork, from Mapplethorpe's Piss Christ to the Virgin Mary in elephant dung, to our old friends Charlie Hebdo:

couverture_Charlie.jpg

Another difference, by the way, is that Mapplethorpe's work was *subsidized* by the National Endowment for the Arts. You know, which as a US government entity, is supposed to be neutral regarding religion.

Science is based on experiment, under controlled conditions: hold all variables fixed except the one of interest.

Two ways to test whether the subsidy of his work was legit, or merely the anointed abusing the system to attack Christianity.

The first is, take away the urine. Would the National Endowment for the arts have funded a crucifix as art?

"No, that's an establishment of religion, and not art." Gee, somebody should've told Rembrandt, or Salvador Dali, or Pablo Picasso, all of whom are, you know, artists, and all made paintings of the crucifixion.

The second is, take away the cross, and substitute someone else, in a jar of urine. (Pick your favorite well-known representative of a historically oppressed group here. Substituting any figure from another religion will get you machine-gunned, stabbed, or beheaded.)

Is that art? No, it's a hate crime by definition.

Take away the figure altogether, just have a jar of urine. Is that art? Sure, and every construction site, outdoor music festival, and organized bicycle race in the country is sitting on millions of dollars of irreplaceable masterpieces.

Therefore under the guise of neutrality, the only thing which qualifies as art, eligible for government funding, is a Christian figure, in a pool of excrement. Because *neutrality*.

Reductio ad absurdum.

At least Charlie Hebdo had the balls to do it on their own dime, and at their own (real) risk.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.