User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Riva

Would this have been this controversial/famous if the 18 year-old was a male I wonder.

Feel sorry for her though.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Would this have been this controversial/famous if the 18 year-old was a male I wonder.
    nope - it would have being incredibly all too common.

also:

(FYI - the 12yo child in the front-screenshot is a registered sex offender )

The saddest thing about this is it would have been perfectly legal in nearby Louisiana, but it's a serious crime in Florida. Weird, weird place, Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    The saddest thing about this is it would have been perfectly legal in nearby Louisiana, but it's a serious crime in Florida. Weird, weird place, Florida...
    Serious crime anywhere bub, whether state says so or not, state's not the final word you know.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

Pray tell, who has the final word?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    nope - it would have being incredibly all too common.

(FYI - the 12yo child in the front-screenshot is a registered sex offender )
    This is my point entirely.. I think the family feels over-entitled. No one wants their child to be a registered sex offender, but I think they're playing the same-sex card up a bit too much in this situation. I think the court was more than fair with the plea bargain.. they really should have taken it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Pray tell, who has the final word?
    The Supreme court could take it on if they wanted to.. but I seriously doubt this case will make it that far. They have way higher stakes in their ball park right now.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    The Supreme court could take it on if they wanted to.. but I seriously doubt this case will make it that far. They have way higher stakes in their ball park right now.
    I wouldnt be surprised it goes that far you know if the gay card's been played.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    No but the possibility of jail still would have been very real. My son's friend went to jail for this very same thing (18 y.o having sex w/ 14 y.o). He says the girl lied about her age but the charges stuck. He had to serve around 14 months(?) or so but he was able to escape having to register as a sex offender in the state. It happens a lot there...a whole lot.

Edit: dammit, @Mane I didn't see your post above! Wow...12?

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't think that's what Lark was getting at.