User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 113

  1. #41
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    This is why women are richer than men..

    Women can sell eggs too at around $5000 a pop...

    They literally produce value just by existing...

    I'm insanely jelous...
    The battle cry of insecure misogynists everywhere. ( I'm not suggesting you are one, just that this kind of "womb-envy" argument is frequently put forward to explain misogyny.)

    I find it difficult to believe, but men themselves say this all the time. It just makes me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #42
    darkened dreams Ravenetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    This is why women are richer than men..

    Women can sell eggs too at around $5000 a pop...

    They literally produce value just by existing...

    I'm insanely jelous...
    Women are richer than men? When did this happen?

  3. #43
    The Bat Man highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    18,671

    Default

    I bet it wasn't even good.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    If I was female, I wouldn't hesitate to do it for $780k. It's a simple cost/benefit thing. $780k for a few minutes of being subjected to something that is no worse than a gynecological exam, will far exceed any social repercussions which can result.

  5. #45
    FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I hate capitalism. Just more of a reason by the day.
    What does selling virginity have to do with capitalism?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    Life is about the journey, because we already know the destination.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    selling virginity is capitalism
    ^Fixed for those who miss the obvious.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

    whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

  7. #47
    FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    ^Fixed for those who miss the obvious.
    That is dishonest editing. People have been buying and selling things for millennia, but not always in a capitalist context. But they haven't always been investing their money, i.e., capital, thus making economic growth possible. Buying and selling virgins does nothing to make economic growth possible, therefore it is not capitalism.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    Life is about the journey, because we already know the destination.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    That is dishonest editing. People have been buying and selling things for millennia, but not always in a capitalist context. But they haven't always been investing their money, i.e., capital, thus making economic growth possible. Buying and selling virgins does nothing to make economic growth possible, therefore it is not capitalism.
    "All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses, his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind."
    Marx and Engels,
    The Communist Manifesto

    Marx is on the money here.

    All social relations are money relations now, capitalism has decimated all competiting cultural or value systems, therefore its possible to commodify and auction anything, virginity included, everyone and everything are merely commodities.

    To use your own logic, why did these previous economic orders not exhibit transaction norms like this one? Its not because of differences about primitive accumulation.

    I'll wait while you go to consult some kid volume of Hayek.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

    whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

  9. #49
    FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    "All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses, his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind."
    Marx and Engels,
    The Communist Manifesto

    Marx is on the money here.

    All social relations are money relations now, capitalism has decimated all competiting cultural or value systems, therefore its possible to commodify and auction anything, virginity included, everyone and everything are merely commodities.

    To use your own logic, why did these previous economic orders not exhibit transaction norms like this one? Its not because of differences about primitive accumulation.

    I'll wait while you go to consult some kid volume of Hayek.
    I have no need for Hayek, Marxist rhetoric is self-defeating. But what amazes me is that you don't recognize that bartering for virgins goes back as long as there's been civilization. Capitalism has nothing to do with it. I'll give you two goats for a night with your virgin daughter.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    Life is about the journey, because we already know the destination.

  10. #50
    FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,353

    Default

    " everyone and everything are merely commodities." A house is not a commodity. Corn and wheat are commodities.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    Life is about the journey, because we already know the destination.

Similar Threads

  1. Auction: "Type"-ing. J or P?
    By Serendipity in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO