User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Question Execution question

If you're sentenced to death by hanging, & when they kick open the trapdoor you fall down & the rope snaps, & you land in the pine straw or whatever do you think you should be able to go free?

I think if the justice system is going to claim the title it should be effective at doing its job, & if they screw up at killing you due to having bad equipment you should be able to walk back home & watch TV.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTp

Use guillotine instead. Sounds safer & much more humane. (Although I heard hanging isn't painful because the initial shock instantly knocks you unconscious, not sure if it's true)

I don't really want a death-sentence-worth criminal to be set free. Doubt he'll just peacefully watch TV for the rest of his life.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If I've been sentenced to execution, I don't expect anybody to care what I think about it.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yes I agree mostly because I disagree with the death penalty from an emotional, economic, and ethical standpoint.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

No. Imagine if someone like Ted Bundy was sentenced to death and this happened, would it benefit society for him to go free?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Past precedent has been try and try again, until you get it right... there have been no free passes, really.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Past precedent has been try and try again, until you get it right...
    That's the government for ya- glorification of a shitty golf partner. Take all day to play the fuckin 9.

I'm an anarchist though so I haven't golfed in years.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    If you're sentenced to death by hanging, & when they kick open the trapdoor you fall down & the rope snaps, & you land in the pine straw or whatever do you think you should be able to go free?

I think if the justice system is going to claim the title it should be effective at doing its job, & if they screw up at killing you due to having bad equipment you should be able to walk back home & watch TV.
    You are sentenced to death. Hanging from the gallows is just the method used to accomplish it.

But you are not really asking this, are you?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Executions would be easier if we just strapped all the condemned to the sides of whatever rockets NASA launches for various experiments and/or space trips.

I admit, there wouldn't be much finesse; but it would be pretty much a sure thing that no one would accidentally walk away.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Executions would be easier if we just strapped all the condemned to the sides of whatever rockets NASA launches for various experiments and/or space trips.

I admit, there wouldn't be much finesse; but it would be pretty much a sure thing that no one would accidentally walk away.
    All that extra weight should prove very expensive when translated into fuel, though.