User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

I don't know, as it pertains to nationalities, but I do know that I resent bathroom attendants and aggressive street vendors, for the most part. I know they need to make a living, but I find both professions to be extremely annoying. I can get my own soap and my own towel, and I don't want to have to tip anyone in a freaking bathroom. It's just unnecessary. When the chick at House of Blues tries to squirt soap in my hand, I just politely refuse and use the dispenser. I don't really feel obligated to use her services.

I don't really feel bad at being borderline rude to aggressive vendors, as they don't seem to react at all to subtlety, and they're invading my space.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't know, as it pertains to nationalities, but I do know that I resent bathroom attendants and aggressive street vendors, for the most part. I know they need to make a living, but I find both professions to be extremely annoying. I can get my own soap and my own towel, and I don't want to have to tip anyone in a freaking bathroom. It's just unnecessary. When the chick at House of Blues tries to squirt soap in my hand, I just politely refuse and use the dispenser. I don't really feel obligated to use her services.

I don't really feel bad at being borderline rude to aggressive vendors, as they don't seem to react at all to subtlety, and they're invading my space.
    I totally concur with this, its a really good summation of what I was trying to say.

On the other hand I've got to admit that I do have issues with particular ethno-nationalities which are over-represented in these sorts of roles.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I dunno. I used to live in NYC, and saw this sort of thing all of the time. It didn't bother me too often. But then, I'm not a xenophobic, judgemental reactionary.