User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What kind of question is "Do you fully support the Obama agenda"? That is so open-ended, it's meaningless. The only purpose questions like that serve is to rile people up emotionally. I have no more respect for reporters than I have for politicians.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What kind of question is "Do you fully support the Obama agenda"? That is so open-ended, it's meaningless. The only purpose questions like that serve is to rile people up emotionally. I have no more respect for reporters than I have for politicians.
    Yeah, I think his manhandling the kid was ridiculous, but the question was lame and I'm sure they're constantly under pressure from people with hidden agendas and dumb-ass questions. Just a bad scene all around.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, I think his manhandling the kid was ridiculous, but the question was lame and I'm sure they're constantly under pressure from people with hidden agendas and dumb-ass questions. Just a bad scene all around.
    Before pure_mercury goes on a moral crusade against me, I'll say that I think the congressman should at least be investigated for a possible assault charge. I'd also investigate the reporters for harassment. I have the suspicion that this is not the first time they've tried to talk to this congressman. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they deliberately instigated this incident. It reminds me of "Don't taze me bro".

I despise so-called reporters that try to make news rather than report it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Are you suggesting that a party (or political group) should cut off a member for the sole purpose of avoiding the party from looking bad? In other words, that the party's image holds more importance than other factors.
    If they're assaulting people, yea, I am. Image doesn't mean "substance-less front," it is supposed to be a representation of what lies underneath. It's supposed to stand in and represent the character of the individuals making decisions that affect the populace. Image is critically important. To suggest it's not integral is to misunderstand its purpose.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Oberon

Etheridge could have just kept walking, and should have.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I don't think that has much to do with being liberal or conservative (well, the MSNBC stuff does, but that is not the focal point). I think it's just another example of a politician so out of touch and corrupted by power to think he could get away with something like that. His speech did seem a little slurred, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out of his congressional race to enter rehab for booze/pills.
    Wait a minute, do you know more about this guy than was covered in the story? I admittedly don't know much, but I'm hoping this isn't simply a smear campaign on your part. IOW, ream him over the incident, but please list some sources to support the all-out character attack, please; this is sort of low.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

That kid is a puss for not kicking Etheridge's ass
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Liberals should have enough faith in both their philosophy and their fellow liberals to be ready to torch their own black sheep
    That won't work, since liberals are black sheep to begin with-- they're all misfits in one way or another. That's why they always want to change things; they think the problem is with the world, and not with themselves. Politics is like a form of self-therapy for the progressive activist.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Meh. This is the best Brietbart can do? Get one of his kid reporters shoved around?

Etheridge's district is heavily Democratic, and his challenger, Ellmers, isn't exactly strong, and only has $5,500 raised. Ellmers might get more donations out of this, but I still think this race is wrapped up. We'll see.