User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Savvy business man or inconsiderate a$$hole?

"Property owners outraged by Guthrie businessman's dealings
    A businessman is buying tiny parcels of land so he can sell or lease them for inflated prices to people who need them to get into their homes and businesses.

BY JOHN ESTUS 86
    Published: June 7, 2010
    A businessman is under fire for buying tiny parcels of land so he can sell or lease them for inflated prices to people who thought they owned them.
    In one case, Guthrie businessman Ron Edwards is demanding four Edmond condominium owners pay him $80,000 for a shared driveway he bought for $1,584 at a county auction." - Property owners outraged by Guthrie businessman's dealings | NewsOK.com
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Why not both?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I agree on both.

I don't really understand what encompasses a "shared driveway" exactly. But if he bought a parcel of land and has exclusive rights to it, he can charge whatever he wants. If people don't like, they don't use. However, it seems the insert: (whatever body deals with land, in the netherlands its called 'kadaster') has made some serious mistakes to allow this to happen in the first place.

Either they should have stayed property of the government/city under specific rules, or the driveways should have been offered to the people living there. Allowing land to be sold like this wouldn't even be possible in our country.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ

Both is also a valid selection, but I was mostly interested in opinions on either side of the spectrum... It might be that most people fall in the middle on this issue. I too can see it from both sides, but it created a rather heated debate in my house so I was curious to see if others were so divided on the issue... So far it seems that most are in the middle as am I...

thanks for the replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

Let's get right to the heart of this, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Rousseau
    The first man who, having enclosed a piece of ground, bethought himself of saying "This is mine!," and found people simple enough to believe him, was the real founder of civil society. From how many crimes, wars, and murders, from how many horrors and misfortunes might not any one have saved mankind, by pulling up the stakes, or filling up the ditch, and crying to his fellows: Beware of listening to this imposter; you are undone if you once forget that the fruits of the earth belong to us all, and the earth itself to nobody.
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

"I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Legal crook and not so savvy. He has a funeral business in a small town and I imagine he's going to lose business over this -- these are elderly people he's extorting.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think it's a bit clever actually.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think it's a bit clever actually.
    I agree. Asshole move? Probably. The thing is, though, he's not the one that put the property up for auction without notifying the previous owners that they had tax issues. So who's the real asshole?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Capitalist running dog.

Lets shoot him.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

What's the guy doing that's wrong exactly? And if he didn't do it, wouldn't someone else?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639