User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default More Fun in Arizona- Ignoring the Constitution edition

Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals - Yahoo! News

Buoyed by recent public opinion polls suggesting they're on the right track with illegal immigration, Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona - and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution - to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by 14th Amendment
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    What is going on over there?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Isn't that unconstitutional on its face? I can't imagine a lawyer massaging that enough to pass muster.

I suppose next they'll be repealing MLK Day.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

^^har har

(in case no one else gets the joke, Arizona already 'banned' MLK Day before with very bd results for the state)

Jus Soli is kinda a backbone of 'The American Experiment'.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Hell, just give it back to Mexico. Along with that senile two-faced enemy conspirator John McSame...yeah, let them have Texas back too. That way ole' John can still visit Bush and suck his trillion dollar bankrupt American butt.

Then let's give them Illinois too and maybe Hawaii so that all those loosers can throw a party with Obama.

They're all freakn' McSame.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'm a WASP Canadian moving to AZ next month for grad studies for the next 7 years. I'm already finding myself trying to get down the accent so I won't be flagged as a non-American, because it'd be annoying to be concerned about carrying my documents everywhere. This is getting ridiculous, and as a WASP it'll barely affect me. So if I procreate with an American sometime in the next 7 years while I'm in labour I'll have to drive to a neighbouring state to let my kid get their citizenship?

I feel badly for all the Americans who aren't WASPs who will probably need to carry their US papers around everywhere.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'm a WASP Canadian moving to AZ next month for grad studies for the next 7 years. I'm already finding myself trying to get down the accent so I won't be flagged as a non-American, because it'd be annoying to be concerned about carrying my documents everywhere. This is getting ridiculous, and as a WASP it'll barely affect me. So if I procreate with an American sometime in the next 7 years while I'm in labour I'll have to drive to a neighbouring state to let my kid get their citizenship?

I feel badly for all the Americans who aren't WASPs who will probably need to carry their US papers around everywhere.
    That's kind of an unwarranted worry, unless you're from Quebec and sound quasi-French.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    That's kind of an unwarranted worry, unless you're from Quebec and sound quasi-French.
    It's likely not going to be a big deal, but, for instance, what if I get asked a question by an officer that requires me answering with the word "about"?

Srsly tho the child thing is unnerving. What would my kid be, then? Citizen-less?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Meh. Most federal laws are entirely unconstitutional, as is among other things, our entire stock of money (Yes, "our." I usually avoid associating myself to the US, but it's a fact Puerto Rican currency is printed by the New York Fed). The US treasury department is breaking the law every time it prints an unbacked Federal Reserve currency note.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    It's likely not going to be a big deal, but, for instance, what if I get asked a question by an officer that requires me answering with the word "about"?

Srsly tho the child thing is unnerving. What would my kid be, then? Citizen-less?
    What is it with children? The child issue? The baby issue? People are so freakn' short-sighted when it comes to babies raised in differing environmental circumstances who eventually evolve into adults.

Why does the brain go dead in context?

And why aren't you going to Mexico City or Guatalupe for Graduate studies vs. Arizona? I think that's a more than fair question.

In my lifetime I've had more than a few good friends from South America. They immigrated legally vs. jumping the border and learned our language customs and history/government structure better than 80 percent of Americans.

Those were/are the type of individuals that are truly desirable to have as neighbors/friends.

Then you have the border jumpers that breed without caring about adopting local customs and culture. They're just here yet they got babies and they've brought their way of life with them.

Have you ever been to Mexico? Have you ever sat in a resturant where a local official was assasinated over dinner? There was a brief pause and the entire room then continued eating and socializing as if everything were normal...while the body was drug out the back door. That's not just a Clint Eastwood western that's true to life circa 2002.

One of my best friends from youth was shot by a group of teenaged South Americans. My friend had coached them along with his son on a baseball team.

One of the South Americans got upset because his girlfriend was attracted to my friend's son. My friend tried to talk with the other kids as the issue heated up in a public area. Those teens decided it was best to shoot my old friend. In front of his son.

I'm not opposed to what Arizona is doing, nor am I for it. I really don't freakn' care because generally in the end...it doesn't really matter at all.

The question becomes. What type of world do you want for your child to grow up in?

A civil environment where there is a common language and rules that people generally attempt to follow in mass.

Both the US and Mexico to differing degrees have that available.

People flee Mexico to get away from the violence and in turn bring it here.

So do you want to worry about the babies, and ignore the fact that the US is turning into Mexico? wtf?

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't have links on me, but I seem to recall that every attempt at a scientific analysis of the subject showed no correlation between illegal immigration from the south and an increase in violent crime.
    Go to sleep, iguana.