User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Jesus Christ.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTP

Luckily for everyone, he isn't going to get much support for blowing up civilians from anyone else. We could use a hell of a lot more border patrol agents though.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Luckily for everyone, he isn't going to get much support for blowing up civilians from anyone else. We could use a hell of a lot more border patrol agents though.
    Ya think? He won the Republican nomination after saying that shit.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Well, to be fair, he said it was an option that has been suggested, not that he wanted to do it. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's what he said when he was asked to clarify, after the fact. Of course that's what he'd say after he realized people were going to have a problem with it.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yes, in NM. However, this is the house of representatives we're talking about. There are a couple hundred other people in there, not proposing ridiculous steps such as that.

Among other things, official US Policy is that we are getting rid of land mines for the most part, and we are certainly not using them against non-combatants. U.S. Landmine Policy

And as we all know, political posturing and what happens in reality, are not the same things. That sound bite sounds great to all the voters pissed off about the "mexican invasion" that seem likely to make up Republican primary voters. In reality, what it will mean, is that he'll support beefing up border patrol, and building better fences.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'm a WASP Canadian moving to AZ next month for grad studies for the next 7 years. I'm already finding myself trying to get down the accent so I won't be flagged as a non-American, because it'd be annoying to be concerned about carrying my documents everywhere. This is getting ridiculous, and as a WASP it'll barely affect me.
    Are you sure? Do you have blond hair and blue eyes? After 9/11 here in Florida, anyone who was not of obvious Anglo-Saxon/Germanic origin was a suspect terrorist. Colleagues of mine from India who were long-term residents here with a green card were glared at by passersby in old pickup trucks. Any other grad program you might be interested in?

So if I procreate with an American sometime in the next 7 years while I'm in labour I'll have to drive to a neighbouring state to let my kid get their citizenship?
    Actually, the choice is yours, you can drive yourself across the Mexican border and give your kids Mexican citizenship, affording them all the rights, privileges, and benefits of Mexico's government and social service programs. Nothing like having choices!

I feel badly for all the Americans ANYONE who aren't isn't WASPs Aryan who as they will probably need to carry their US papers around everywhere to forego bad treatment by Arizona white supremists.
    Fixed...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Magic, mercury, Halla - I think I'm in love with you. All of you.

The issue of undocumented immigration is something I care passionately about. I'm for soft borders, which allow the free movement of goods, capital AND labor across borders, unlike NAFTA, which only allows goods and capital free movement. I've had several debates about this recently and frankly I'm too exhausted right now to offer evidence against some of the anti-immigration rhetoric, but luckily you guys seem to have it covered.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post

The issue of undocumented immigration is something I care passionately about. I'm for soft borders, which allow the free movement of goods, capital AND labor across borders, unlike NAFTA, which only allows goods and capital free movement. I've had several debates about this recently and frankly I'm too exhausted right now to offer evidence against some of the anti-immigration rhetoric, but luckily you guys seem to have it covered.
    No problem. I am a libertarian/classical liberal, so I completely agree.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post

What evidence? How could unskilled immigration possibly benefit the host country?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole