User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The statistically recorded general crime rate of Hispanics in the US is several times higher than that of whites.
    So are you saying their crime rate is higher without distinguishing the category of crime? Or by general do you mean that all forms of crime are higher?

I'm carefully trying to avoid conflating crime with violent crime.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    This is new information for me, and I will have to analyze it more. That being said, while this is unfortunate and does cost in lives, it still doesn't technically count as a violent crime.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It is strange what some people consider violent. Someone from Ecuador told me that she thinks the US is terribly violent because violent crimes seem more random and more innocents seem to get hurt.
    "Surgical strikes" and "Precision Weaponry" shouldn't count.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    So are you saying their crime rate is higher without distinguishing the category of crime? Or by general do you mean that all forms of crime are higher?
    The former. I'm pretty sure the latter is the case as well, but I don't recall the actual breakdown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    This is new information for me, and I will have to analyze it more. That being said, while this is unfortunate and does cost in lives, it still doesn't technically count as a violent crime.
    Don't stop there. Datamine. Do a lot of data mining.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The former. I'm pretty sure the latter is the case as well, but I don't recall the actual breakdown.
    Anyway, regardless of the validity of that fact, the important point was that illegal immigrants have lower crime rates than natives (even the whities).

Also, regarding prison population, I realize I should also mention potential justice system bias, which could result in latinos (even citizens) and immigrants (latino or not) being more likely to go to jail than caucasian citizens for the same crime.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Isn't that unconstitutional on its face? I can't imagine a lawyer massaging that enough to pass muster.

I suppose next they'll be repealing MLK Day.
    Technically, it appears that it may be constitutional to deny the issuance of a piece of paper from a gov't entity TO an illegal alien.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think this is a good idea, but denying a birth certificate is not the same thing as denying citizenship, despite the fact that it would make many things a hell of a lot more difficult.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ESFJ

This is one case in which it's a very GOOD thing that the federal government has jurisdiction and what the state does means dick. You don't want to give children of illegals birth certificates? Propose an amendment to the U.S. Constitution ending birthright citizenship. Short of that, follow the law and like it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I'm pretty sure the reason why the 14th's there, is because technically, nearly everyone in the states is an illegal immigrant, as yeur whole country is founded upon that fact, which many seem to forget.

Yeu're all a bunch of illegal immigrants from england. Yeu can deny yeur heritage all yeu want, but yeu didn't get legalized papers from the native americans saying yeu were allowed to live here. Yeu stole their land and forced them off.

As such, the point of that constitutional right, was to ensure that anyone born on that soil could stay on that soil, to protect their children from the mistakes of their parents, so that in the states, everyone had the option to start their life anew without their parents history clinging to them forever.

AZ wanting to repeal that, defeats the whole purpose of it. If they want to do so, just remove the whole state from the USA because technically, maybe 20% of them actually count as legal at most, who were actual legal immigrants AFTER the immigration laws had been passed. Oddly enough, the vast majority of the whites in AZ would not count as 'legal' if they implemented that... and I think that should be stressed rather heavily.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason why the 14th's there, is because technically, nearly everyone in the states is an illegal immigrant, as yeur whole country is founded upon that fact, which many seem to forget.
    Ridiculous. First, "illegal" immigrant implies the laws of the land have been broken. As the laws are made by the government of whichever state currently holds the land, there is no illegal to be had there. Second, Indians were no more native to the land than white settlers and their black slaves were. They just got there first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole