User Tag List

Default The Intellectual Life and its Discontents

The Khmer Rouge of Cambodia and Boko Haram of Central Africa are violently opposed to intellectuals and to reading and writing.

And so many here show no interest in the intellectual life. I find this hard to understand, aren't you curious about the intellectual life?

The intellectual life is readily available to you, you only have to open a book. The first book I opened was, "The History fo Western Philosophy". I worked as a bank teller and read "The History of Western Philosophy", during my lunch break, while I ate two pies, a coke, and a ninish tart.

The intellectual life is ongoing, questions lead to more questions, controversies lead to more controversies, passionately held beliefs are held and discarded, new paradigms are born and old paradigms die. We learn to live with what we don't know, yet want to know more.

So many are impoverished, yet feel entitled to be heard, and defend their ego passionatly..

Action shapes history.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    here for succint enneagram type descriptions
    here for 100+ FICTIONAL EXEMPLARS, here for STACKEMUP vs. R&H; here for the SUPREME ENNEAGRAM PRIMER.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Action shapes history.
    Yet each man of action is informed by the ideology of an intellectual.

I really like this new blog but it appears to be posted in the wrong part of the forum.

I liked that book too Mole, although I think Russell also wrote better ones, it sounds like you had a great lunch time routine.