User Tag List

12 Last

Default Disease and Ideology

The shocking state of Los Angeles, where medieval disease is stalking the streets, and ideological hatred informs discussion.

It is plain ideology is more important than public health. We see this reflected in the vast death toll of the virus, and in the rubbish and rats on the streets of Los Angeles.

It is a deadly combination of ideology and narcissism. They reinforce each other like reinforced concrete. The ideology justifies the narcissism, and the narcissism provides the emotional power of ideology.

There is no way out, as we are entranced by ideology and narcissism. And anyone who tries to wake us from our trance, meets visceral hatred.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The shocking state of Los Angeles, where medieval disease is stalking the streets, and ideological hatred informs discussion.

It is plain ideology is more important than public health. We see this reflected in the vast death toll of the virus, and in the rubbish and rats on the streets of Los Angeles.

It is a deadly combination of ideology and narcissism. They reinforce each other like reinforced concrete. The ideology justifies the narcissism, and the narcissism provides the emotional power of ideology.

There is no way out, as we are entranced by ideology and narcissism. And anyone who tries to wake us from our trance, meets visceral hatred.
    Rubbish and rats feature in any big city.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    here for succint enneagram type descriptions
    here for 100+ FICTIONAL EXEMPLARS, here for STACKEMUP vs. R&H; here for the SUPREME ENNEAGRAM PRIMER.

Reading Shakespeare may cause brain damage. Woke.

To the waters of the wild FemMecha's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I think I get what you are saying here, although wonder about the focus on Los Angeles. Is it because that is the area near Hollywood where there is more elitism and make believe? I would have to agree that the sociological response to the pandemic looks like a narcissistically fueled ideology as though people can imagine it away. I can also understand what you refer to as 'visceral hatred' for being woken from the trance. Once people feel 'right' or 'entitled' any suggestion to the contrary feels like a violation of their rights which is the foundation of anger. The more rights a person assumes, the angrier they are because there is more to be disappointed about.

I'd be curious what you would say about Ayn Rand because her "objectivism" does influence American culture and I have always found it the most ironic name for her propositions. It seems like deeply ego invested orientation to the world, and ego and objectivity are mutually exclusive as far as I can see.

I mostly just trying to have a conversation.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The 2028 Summer Olympics are supposed to be held in Los Angeles. I strongly urge the Olympic Committee to reconsider. It is an ugly city right now and I used to walk the streets of Los Angeles (for exercise) for decades. Everywhere you go, you'll see homeless encampments and you can't avoid the stench of urine. This current mayor, Eric Garcetti is easily the worst mayor of the last 20 years. He's cut funding for the police and now we're seeing a huge spike in homicides. It's not safe anymore. Don't even think of coming here; you might catch typhoid, typhus, or both.

If Seth Rogen were about 50 lbs lighter, he could've had Deniro's career - same acting chops.
    Likes Mole liked this post

What ideology?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    The 2028 Summer Olympics are supposed to be held in Los Angeles. I strongly urge the Olympic Committee to reconsider. It is an ugly city right now and I used to walk the streets of Los Angeles (for exercise) for decades. Everywhere you go, you'll see homeless encampments and you can't avoid the stench of urine. This current mayor, Eric Garcetti is easily the worst mayor of the last 20 years. He's cut funding for the police and now we're seeing a huge spike in homicides. It's not safe anymore. Don't even think of coming here; you might catch typhoid, typhus, or both.

What's your views about social darwinism Tellenbach?

Quote Originally Posted by Powehi View Post
    I think I get what you are saying here, although wonder about the focus on Los Angeles. Is it because that is the area near Hollywood where there is more elitism and make believe? I would have to agree that the sociological response to the pandemic looks like a narcissistically fueled ideology as though people can imagine it away. I can also understand what you refer to as 'visceral hatred' for being woken from the trance. Once people feel 'right' or 'entitled' any suggestion to the contrary feels like a violation of their rights which is the foundation of anger. The more rights a person assumes, the angrier they are because there is more to be disappointed about.

I'd be curious what you would say about Ayn Rand because her "objectivism" does influence American culture and I have always found it the most ironic name for her propositions. It seems like deeply ego invested orientation to the world, and ego and objectivity are mutually exclusive as far as I can see.

I mostly just trying to have a conversation.
    I enjoy conversing with you Powehi.

And I instinctively recoil from Ayn Rand, who is attractive on first blush, but seems to me to be unbalanced. Her ideology does resonate with religious attitudes in the USA, but finds no purchase here. I find I like watching Ayn Rand balance on a very high wire, with no safety net.
    Likes FemMecha, chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 so/sp

Actually the whole California doesn't seem to be doing that well lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Actually the whole California doesn't seem to be doing that well lately.
    Welcome to Hotel California, click Eagles - Hotel California - YouTube.