• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump followers invade the capitol

Lark

That's a serious culture of decay going on there. Nothing to hope for other than death, destruction and a lot of thinking that's contra life, living, growth and change. Its truly cancerous their thinking. Even there was no violence or prospect of violence it would still be illness.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, in the bottom line US evidently has large scale mental health problems. Therefore this is just one of the manifestations of that problem. Which can't be solved without livable wages for the masses, fixing education and healthcare .... etc. Since "lunatics" are just what the system breeds and there will be more and more of them in some form all over the map if something isn't done about this. After all it is well known that stressed out people tend to absorb garbage and hate much more easier then the people who aren't stresses out.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, in the bottom line US evidently has large scale mental health problems. Therefore this is just one of the manifestations of that problem. Which can't be solved without livable wages for the masses, fixing education and healthcare .... etc. Since "lunatics" are just what the system breeds and there will be more and more of them in some form all over the map if something isn't done about this. After all it is well known that stressed out people tend to absorb garbage and hate much more easier then the people who aren't stresses out.

Well, About half of Republicans believe that the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol siege was a "non-violent protest or was the handiwork of left-wing activists trying to 'make Trump look bad,'" according to a new Reuters/Ipsos poll. That's been said word for word by people on this forum. But I don't know that I would chalk it all, or even most of it, up to mental illness.

Poll: Nearly half of Republicans believe false narratives about Jan. 6 siege - Axios

I feel more like you that wages, healthcare, education and a government that's simply given up on most Americans is the reason and it was a long time coming. Federal and state governments alike, Dems and Republican are both to blame for that.

But, 1/6 itself - I put that squarely on media of all kinds and Republicans completely endorsing the big lie and their pundits that spread that shit worse than COVID.

“Republicans have their own version of reality,” Vanderbilt University public opinion expert John Geer told Reuters. “It is a huge problem. Democracy requires accountability and accountability requires evidence.”

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Of all the defenses of the Capitol insurrectionists, this is one of my favorites.

Lawyer Says Capitol Defendant Had Foxmania From Watching Too Much Fox News | HuffPost

A Capitol defendant who bought into former President Donald Trump’s lies about a stolen election came down with “Foxitus” and “Foxmania” after watching too much Fox News, his attorney told a court on Thursday.

Anthony Antonio’s attorney told a D.C. magistrate judge that after Antonio was laid off because of the coronavirus pandemic last year, he spent all his time living in a home with four other individuals who watched a lot of Fox News.

In the end, I think this defense actually is somewhat accurate. The bulk of the people who took part were ultra-radicalized Trump supporters--radicalized by his cult of personality and a steady stream of lies and propaganda emanating from Trump & his various lieutenants. Throw in extremist & fringe elements allied to Trump and you have it. Not that I think saying you have "Foxitus" is going to sway a judge or a jury much but the more Fox, OAN, Newsmax and the other propaganda media are seen as the threat to Americans they actually are, the better.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Of all the defenses of the Capitol insurrectionists, this is one of my favorites.

Lawyer Says Capitol Defendant Had Foxmania From Watching Too Much Fox News | HuffPost

In the end, I think this defense actually is somewhat accurate. The bulk of the people who took part were ultra-radicalized Trump supporters--radicalized by his cult of personality and a steady stream of lies and propaganda emanating from Trump & his various lieutenants. Throw in extremist & fringe elements allied to Trump and you have it. Not that I think saying you have "Foxitus" is going to sway a judge or a jury much but the more Fox, OAN, Newsmax and the other propaganda media are seen as the threat to Americans they actually are, the better.

*remembers the satanic panic, the "video game wars" sits patiently holding breath for the upright citizens brigade of the GOP to heroically "cancel" the dangerous fox news to save all the future patriots of the dystopia....*

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
*remembers the satanic panic, the "video game wars" sits patiently holding breath for the upright citizens brigade of the GOP to heroically "cancel" the dangerous fox news to save all the future patriots of the dystopia....*

I don't know when most people are going to grasp this but the GOP is pushing the US to be a one party nation, exactly the way the Communist Party is in China, North Korea and other totalitarian governments. The People Republic of the GOP (aren't the chuds always doing the RePuBlIcNoTaDeMoCrAcY! shit??

Totalitarianism is a form of government or political system that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life. It is regarded as the most extreme and complete form of authoritarianism. In totalitarian states, political power has often been held by autocrats (i.e. dictators or absolute monarchs) who employ all-encompassing campaigns in which propaganda is broadcast by state-controlled mass media.

Trump badly wanted to be an autocrat and will likely run again with the GOP behind him, to make that so.

250 voter restriction laws in 43 states - GOP backed

60 bills have been introduced or passed in state legislatures so far this year to restrict abortion - GOP backed

Mike Pence’s Blueprint for Permanent Authoritarian Rule

Here is his op-ed from The Heritage Foundation.

Pence: Election Integrity Should Be a National Imperative

Either people get their heads out of their collective asses or we descend into this. We had a good run, America.

The Cat

Staff member
I don't know when most people are going to grasp this but the GOP is pushing the US to be a one party nation, exactly the way the Communist Party is in China, North Korea and other totalitarian governments. The People Repubic of the GOP (aren't the chuds always doing the RePuBlIcNoTaDeMoCrAcY! shit??

Totalitarianism is a form of government or political system that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life. It is regarded as the most extreme and complete form of authoritarianism. In totalitarian states, political power has often been held by autocrats (i.e. dictators or absolute monarchs) who employ all-encompassing campaigns in which propaganda is broadcast by state-controlled mass media.

Trump badly wanted to be an autocrat and will likely run again with the GOP behind him, to make that so.

250 voter restriction laws in 43 states - GOP backed

60 bills have been introduced or passed in state legislatures so far this year to restrict abortion - GOP backed

Mike Pence’s Blueprint for Permanent Authoritarian Rule

Here is his op-ed from The Heritage Foundation.

Pence: Election Integrity Should Be a National Imperative

Either people get their heads out of their collective asses or we descend into this. We had a good run, America.

Theyre not even being subtle about it :(

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I should add the quote
Tucker Carlson = I like to say insane things in a faux-reasoned way in a super bratty sing-songy voice that worked on my mama when I got into trouble after breaking stuff during my temper tantrums. She would give me lollipops and kisses and so should you.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A Capitol riot suspect yelled 'f--- all of you!' at his Zoom court hearing then hung up on the judge, reports say

A Capitol riot suspect unleashed an expletive-filled tirade and hung up on the judge in a chaotic Zoom hearing, according to reports...

...At his Thursday court hearing, Copeland yelled: "You people f---ed this up. You're going to give me a psych eval. I don't like 70% of my income going to the government. F--- all of you!" according to The Daily Beast's Pilar Menendez.

As NBC's Scott MacFarlane reported it, Copeland also yelled: "How long can I postpone this? I'm a vet. You owe this to me. You've all f---ed this up. You're a robot to me. You can't come get me if I don't want you to!"

giphy.gif

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

The Cat

Staff member
This line...

...makes me laugh ever time I think about it.

Pretty sure thats an understatment about the lot of them; i wish we had better mental health access and a criminal justice system based on reform and rehabilitation rather than incarceration and slave creation because maybe then some of these poor bastards could get the help they so clearly needed before they let a charlatanic despot into their heads. -_-

Lark

I still dont know what they wanted anyway, embarrassed their country while the whole world was watching.

The Cat

Staff member
I still dont know what they wanted anyway, embarrassed their country while the whole world was watching.

They thought that life was a different kind of movie.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Pretty sure thats an understatment about the lot of them; i wish we had better mental health access and a criminal justice system based on reform and rehabilitation rather than incarceration and slave creation because maybe then some of these poor bastards could get the help they so clearly needed before they let a charlatanic despot into their heads. -_-

Oh I agree. This person is a vet and needs help but so do lots of people. The country has been collectively traumatized and collectively abandoned - certainly by the GOP but the Dems for the most part as well.

The Cat

Staff member
ha! cool quote, I dont know what they were taking that they did not want to take anymore

being tricked into acting against their own best interest because they have no concept of enlightened self interest.
They've failed to understand sattire and fallen under the seductive influence of the equivalent of political fake muttonchops. or real mutton chops. It's a bad look, its never been a good look, but it continues to decieve people who claim to be rugged individualists, in droves.

The Cat

Staff member
Oh I agree. This person is a vet and needs help but so do lots of people. The country has been collectively traumatized and collectively abandoned - certainly by the GOP but the Dems for the most part as well.

For sure; Dems for the most part empower...or perhaps enable... the GOP...theyre very co dependent monsters that people continually seem to believe cannot relate to them nor represent their real interests in any way shape or form apart from distracting them from how much the system as is is savaging them body mind and soul...

At least we have an abundance of gift shops...if you can afford it. :dry: