• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump followers invade the capitol

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It wasn't a "seige", and honestly using that kind of rhetoric is dangerous. It was a protest that got out of hand. They didn't even do that much damage. The BLM riots caused over 500m in damages, the capitol protest broke a few windows and doors. Even the news coverage of the "damage" is pretty pathetic. Almost everyone was unarmed. Why would you be okay with shooting unarmed civilians? Especially after the BLM riots.

It was an attempt to overthrow American democracy (and murder people along the way). The rioters might see themselves as patriotic revolutionaries, but they are violent criminals following delusional ideas.

Daryth, I think your heart is in the right place. You sound like a good person behind all the politics. But if you have obviously gone far down the rabbit hole these last few months or so. You are getting your information from dubious sources and apparently surrounding yourself with radicals - some of them liars, psychotics and potential murderers.

Please, please, please take some time to distcance yourself from the self-radicalization slope. Take a deep breath, maybe talk to some people in real life who you might disagree with but whom you trust. Maybe take a break from politics for a while and reconnect with old friends. I don't know. Just, you know, let in some fresh air and relax for a bit. Maybe reconsider ... maybe not. But take good care of yourself, because self-radicalization is a dangerous thing and it can seriously harm good people once they get into its claws!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If anyone wondering if we have ever been here before - yes, we have been here before.

The Order (or The Silent Brotherhood) - The group was formed with the goal of overthrowing the United States Federal Government.

Fort Smith sedition trial - Wikipedia

Reagan’s DOJ was wholly uninterested in prosecuting white supremacist attacks until they started killing cops. Just may be instructive. This is a forgotten item from history but it 100% plays into the reason white supremacist/nationalists/fascists feel they can operate with impunity.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was an attempt to overthrow American democracy (and murder people along the way). The rioters might see themselves as patriotic revolutionaries, but they are violent criminals following delusional ideas.

Daryth, I think your heart is in the right place. You sound like a good person behind all the politics. But if you have obviously gone far down the rabbit hole these last few months or so. You are getting your information from dubious sources and apparently surrounding yourself with radicals - some of them liars, psychotics and potential murderers.

Please, please, please take some time to distcance yourself from the self-radicalization slope. Take a deep breath, maybe talk to some people in real life who you might disagree with but whom you trust. Maybe take a break from politics for a while and reconnect with old friends. I don't know. Just, you know, let in some fresh air and relax for a bit. Maybe reconsider ... maybe not. But take good care of yourself, because self-radicalization is a dangerous thing and it can seriously harm good people once they get into its claws!

I agree with this.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It was not, it was a protest to contest the fraudulent election. If you were in their shoes, you would be protesting too. They had every right to protest. The founding fathers were considered terrorists at one time as well. Don't forget that 74m people voted for Trump. You cannot convince them somehow Biden was more popular than Obama, or any other president before him. Biden was a bet against Trump, not a "good" vote. Hell, even some Democrats think the election was stolen. You should really be worrying about how our "Democracy" is under attack with how some states are using easily hacked voting machines, and being accessed or counted outside of the USA. A lot of patterns in other countries of banana republics, was just seen in our most recent presidential election. A LOT of people around the world saw it too, and have even said things about the fact that it looks fraudulent. But continue to believe the media, as they slowly steal away all of your freedoms. But that's okay, they haven't come for you yet.

I appreciate you trying to reach out to me, but like. You are trying to do it from a position of moral authority. If you actually cared to reconcile and bridge the gap. Maybe not try to patronize me, or belittle my intelligence? I believe what I do, because I have a LOT of life experience. I have taken "Breaks" and have stepped aside for years. In fact, I was so disenfranchised with society, that i only started paying attention in 2016. Because finally someone had represented hope to me. I am not a radical, because I don't view people in black and white. I know your heart is in the right place, just like everyone else is here. In my honest opinion, we are all being played by rich elites who bombard us with disinformation. They want us to fight each other, and to divide us. If you truly wished for peace and understanding, you would aim for the middle ground. Not domination. Quit thinking of people like me as your "enemy", because that is what the real bad guys want. We are honestly no different, just our methods are different. We should seek compromise and understanding, not zero tolerance and chastisement. I get it though, we are also human. It is our natural inclination to take sides. It is natural to think in black and white. It is easier to tear down your foes, than it is to form a relationship. But this pattern is exactly why humanity is bound to repeat its mistakes. If you view me as down a rabbit hole, you are in a bunker. You don't seek to understand me, or the people on capitol hill at all. If you do, you are lying to yourself. What difference was there between the BLM riots, who wished to rebel against state mandated oppression of minorities, and the capitol hill protesters who wished to rebel against a fraudulent election? There is no difference. These "sides" are make belief. Its always been the people against the government. We should drop labels, and seek to understand each other.

I try every day to improve my understanding of people, society, and how to reconcile with people who disagree with me. I do not think any of you are truly bad, just a product of the system designed to set us against each other. Which is why I have always expressed desire to get to know you guys outside of politics. I don't get what is so difficult about doing so. Very few of you guys post outside of politics. Why?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
It was not, it was a protest to contest the fraudulent election.

This is false. There is no evidence that the election result is fraudulent--only lies promulgated by bad-faith actors and gullible Trumpsters. I would agree, if the election were fraudulent and the "deep state" were covering it up I would be out protesting and fighting for the country also, but that simply isn't what happened. The reason people question your intelligence is because you seem to lack an understanding of basic reality.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is false. There is no evidence that the election result is fraudulent--only lies promulgated by bad-faith actors and gullible Trumpsters. I would agree, if the election were fraudulent and the "deep state" were covering it up I would be out protesting and fighting for the country also, but that simply isn't what happened. The reason people question your intelligence is because you seem to lack an understanding of basic reality.

Yes, because the most popular opinion is always the truth.

Jaguar

"God exists because it's a popular opinion." Okay, now I know what it feels like to post a completely irrational claim.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was not, it was a protest to contest the fraudulent election. If you were in their shoes, you would be protesting too. They had every right to protest. The founding fathers were considered terrorists at one time as well. Don't forget that 74m people voted for Trump. You cannot convince them somehow Biden was more popular than Obama, or any other president before him. Biden was a bet against Trump, not a "good" vote. Hell, even some Democrats think the election was stolen.
If anything, Democrats thought the last election was stolen, since Clinton won a clearly larger share of the popular vote. However disappointed, though, they accepted the outcome. Trump won fair and square by existing rules, under which the winner need not win the popular vote. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, Trump supporters need to accept this outcome.

The founding fathers are quite different from the criminals who assaulted the Capitol and those in it. I suggest you review your American history.

At the root of the American colonists' rebellion was the fact that the colonies had absolutely no representation in the British government. We might complain that our representatives in congress are inadequate, but we do have representatives. We can vote them out every 2 or 6 years if we are displeased with them. If we are citizens and of age, we can run to replace them. None of this was available to the colonists, unlike to the average British subject. This was OK as long as the British government (BG) left the colonies alone, which for awhile they did. Then the desire to exploit them for trade purposes and later the costs of waging war (French & Indian war) led the BG to assert more control over the colonies, to include imposing stiff taxes. After several generations of running their affairs with little interference, the colonists naturally objected. They started simply with a boycott, which was not received well by the BG. The British response quickly escalated, including the "Intolerable Acts" which, among other things, required colonists to house British troops in their homes. Before the colonists took up arms themselves, the British had killed their neighbors, fired cannons on their cities, and closed their seaports, in addition to the oppressive taxes.

Whatever complaints we have about our government, they don't even approach this. If anything, people trying to overturn the election results are acting more like the BG in overriding the authority of the individual states. Mostly, though, we have a mechanism - several, in fact - for interacting with our government that the colonists never had. If we think that mechanism is now broken, that is in part because of "operator error". It is a poor workman who blames his tools, or who fails to learn to use them effectively.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It isn't, but an opinion backed by facts and evidence is superior to one based on lies and propaganda.

How can be so sure your facts are not influenced by narratives and false information? You say its false information and propaganda, but who said it was? The people in charge of the narrative? The government? What makes you believe them? It's like saying "who would tell lies on the internet?" It literally makes no sense how you could have so much faith in a government, who you simultaneously believes takes part in systematic racism and voter suppression. Just let that sink in for a moment. You really don't think they don't cater and play to both sides to get you to trust them?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If anything, Democrats thought the last election was stolen, since Clinton won a clearly larger share of the popular vote. However disappointed, though, they accepted the outcome. Trump won fair and square by existing rules, under which the winner need not win the popular vote. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, Trump supporters need to accept this outcome.

The founding fathers are quite different from the criminals who assaulted the Capitol and those in it. I suggest you review your American history.

At the root of the American colonists' rebellion was the fact that the colonies had absolutely no representation in the British government. We might complain that our representatives in congress are inadequate, but we do have representatives. We can vote them out every 2 or 6 years if we are displeased with them. If we are citizens and of age, we can run to replace them. None of this was available to the colonists, unlike to the average British subject. This was OK as long as the British government (BG) left the colonies alone, which for awhile they did. Then the desire to exploit them for trade purposes and later the costs of waging war (French & Indian war) led the BG to assert more control over the colonies, to include imposing stiff taxes. After several generations of running their affairs with little interference, the colonists naturally objected. They started simply with a boycott, which was not received well by the BG. The British response quickly escalated, including the "Intolerable Acts" which, among other things, required colonists to house British troops in their homes. Before the colonists took up arms themselves, the British had killed their neighbors, fired cannons on their cities, and closed their seaports, in addition to the oppressive taxes.

Whatever complaints we have about our government, they don't even approach this. If anything, people trying to overturn the election results are acting more like the BG in overriding the authority of the individual states. Mostly, though, we have a mechanism - several, in fact - for interacting with our government that the colonists never had. If we think that mechanism is now broken, that is in part because of "operator error". It is a poor workman who blames his tools, or who fails to learn to use them effectively.

If they did, why didn't they push voting investigation? In my honest opinion, they cheated in 2016 too, they just underestimated Trump's support and their subtle cheats didn't overturn it. That is why it was "so close", but we didn't see the blatant spikes as we did in the Biden election, because they didn't want Trump in office again.

American history has always been rife with violence, and a lot more courage than what we see today. Partially because the government today has grown so strong, that it can actively suppress the people without batting an eye via technology, and psychology/brainwashing.

We don't have equitable representation, especially if the "elections" are bought and paid for by corporations and lobbying. I honestly do not think we have a lot of sway in our elections. We are quickly becoming an oligarchy, because people throw away the people's freedom and power in exchange of manufactured safety against manufactured threats.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It isn't, but an opinion backed by facts and evidence is superior to one based on lies and propaganda.

He's got a point. Scientists all agree that the world was indeed flat until Galileo convinced everyone otherwise - and in doing so, made the Earth round. That's how science works.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

It was not, it was a protest to contest the fraudulent election. If you were in their shoes, you would be protesting too. They had every right to protest. The founding fathers were considered terrorists at one time as well. Don't forget that 74m people voted for Trump. You cannot convince them somehow Biden was more popular than Obama, or any other president before him. Biden was a bet against Trump, not a "good" vote. Hell, even some Democrats think the election was stolen. You should really be worrying about how our "Democracy" is under attack with how some states are using easily hacked voting machines, and being accessed or counted outside of the USA. A lot of patterns in other countries of banana republics, was just seen in our most recent presidential election. A LOT of people around the world saw it too, and have even said things about the fact that it looks fraudulent. But continue to believe the media, as they slowly steal away all of your freedoms. But that's okay, they haven't come for you yet.

I appreciate you trying to reach out to me, but like. You are trying to do it from a position of moral authority. If you actually cared to reconcile and bridge the gap. Maybe not try to patronize me, or belittle my intelligence? I believe what I do, because I have a LOT of life experience. I have taken "Breaks" and have stepped aside for years. In fact, I was so disenfranchised with society, that i only started paying attention in 2016. Because finally someone had represented hope to me. I am not a radical, because I don't view people in black and white. I know your heart is in the right place, just like everyone else is here. In my honest opinion, we are all being played by rich elites who bombard us with disinformation. They want us to fight each other, and to divide us. If you truly wished for peace and understanding, you would aim for the middle ground. Not domination. Quit thinking of people like me as your "enemy", because that is what the real bad guys want. We are honestly no different, just our methods are different. We should seek compromise and understanding, not zero tolerance and chastisement. I get it though, we are also human. It is our natural inclination to take sides. It is natural to think in black and white. It is easier to tear down your foes, than it is to form a relationship. But this pattern is exactly why humanity is bound to repeat its mistakes. If you view me as down a rabbit hole, you are in a bunker. You don't seek to understand me, or the people on capitol hill at all. If you do, you are lying to yourself. What difference was there between the BLM riots, who wished to rebel against state mandated oppression of minorities, and the capitol hill protesters who wished to rebel against a fraudulent election? There is no difference. These "sides" are make belief. Its always been the people against the government. We should drop labels, and seek to understand each other.

I try every day to improve my understanding of people, society, and how to reconcile with people who disagree with me. I do not think any of you are truly bad, just a product of the system designed to set us against each other. Which is why I have always expressed desire to get to know you guys outside of politics. I don't get what is so difficult about doing so. Very few of you guys post outside of politics. Why?

Can I be crazy enough to say that I agree with two messages, even though not totally?

If we start to think about it, on a real full skeptical philosophy in the face of a "normal" middle-class world citizen who doesn't really decide much, we could say that there is a possibility, even tiny, that many things we are told to are actually very systematized lies. However, on the other side, there is also a possibility that the things we are told to are true and that it is the conspiracy side who is forging the lies. And reality should be an hybrid of both.

Basically, we can never ever truly know, as regular people, if the votes on our city, states or nation elections were ever truly ever properly and honestly counted, regardless of electronic or paper. Any of you were there on every section and on all of them? No, we don't. o, in a completely skeptical view that doubts everything, we still have all these small possibilities. But at the same time we can't tell for sure that the count wasn't rigged, and I speak of any kind of count actually, we can't say with sureness that it was rigged either. Not without proper evidence. So, there is still the possibility on the other side that Trump is forging lies and he never ever experience a rig/cheat on the elections - he just had his ambitions frustrated.

I partially learned that with Jung. A person with real skepticism philosophy doubts both sides; When one side fully trust one side, while completely doubts another one, it is called overcompensated doubt, so the classic example are the flat earthers who doubts everything NASA says, while completely trusting what a random flat earther you tuber says blindly and religiously.

But at the same time, we can't truly ever act on doubt on everything. We are forced to either trust or leave, live a very lonely live to avoid the lies and even still we are forced into society trust. That is why, independent of the system, if the country is full of corruption and lies, the system pretty much doesn't matter anymore, neither the ideology. It is like a computer software is told the computer have one kind of hardware while it doesn't, it will break or severely limited no matter how good the software written is. If our society is corrupt, we are going to face lack of trust and we are going to have to be cheated eventually even to live. This is one of the reasons I distrust the "divine intelligent design" so much, I wish as humans we could easily discern what is true and what is not, or that we were 'programmed' to not to lie (there is still the guilt feeling thing which seems to not work in some or a lot of people), but we don't. We are forced to trust and that is why being trustable, in a sense of telling the truth not on a sense that you won't procrastinate a task, is supremely important. This is partially the living hell here for me, because if you guys live on a river of lies, I live on an ocean of lies.

"My experience" thing is problematic and I don't like it because we are likely to live bubbles in way or another; If people you know are a lot of Trumpists, you can't imply that a lot of people over the country are Trumpists unless you guarantee that your process was truly random and if it has many different classes, locations, categories to say so, which we can't do it alone.

In my weight of probabilities, the chances that Trump is lying are higher than he is telling the truth. The arguments that he is a psychopath (there is no psychopath test for any politician place or CEO, and there are some good bunch of them) are strong, and americans here can link and explain it way better than me. He is way more likely to be lied at. Second, this speech where Big Corporations are all taking over the government and Trump is gonna free us sounds... weird, because as far as I know Trump was one of them for decades and rigorously, he still is. Is Trump neolib? Your post makes me appear so, because as I had covered, the "fact" that neoliberalism will give you freedom is completely false, and I had plenty of arguments on the proper thread (search is broken, it is probably burried somewhere already) that did show that, so, no, destroying the state won't free you, corporations will instead take the role of the state directly for a while (even though [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] have strong arguments that that won't last long and won't be global wide).

Although I really bash the "ultimate truth of my own experience", I can tell how my perception clashes with yours: I am a victim of both Narcissists and Neolibs, both actually, even though I don't like to enter in personal details how. It upsets me to the point of me wanting to commit suicide. The far right that I know here did lie on whatsapp that COVID have not ever existed (but after some months they had to admit it did) but was a forge of the media to destroy the Bolsonaro government - fabricated psychopathic lie. I receive lies that I no longer bother to read, videos that were fake (I know it because I do sometimes randomly read and search about one or another - and because I used to read all of them until 2017). The last things I remember was a judge that was a judge in more than a 100 countries, a person fruitpicking hospitals saying nobody was there and COVID was fake, and these are just the conservative lies - there is still the neolib ones where they do many neolib reforms so there will be lots of employment while the more they advance, nothing ever moves on the employment sector and the life conditions of those who are employed get worse. This is just one of their lies.

So, yeah, not trusting the general media is reasonable, but dropping them entirely to trust only what Trump and his troop says is not only as unreasonable at, but might be even worse. And, just as I had said weeks ago, the problem with the conservatives is that if you are a Ne-dom, have no doubt about this, they will come for you eventually (or, rather, they are very likely to come for you eventually). Conservatives has conservatives customs, so forget using your head to do your own thing and for trying new things when even the way you eat have a "right way" that sometimes is even stupid, when they show up with religions things that can't be questioned (they silent you then says 'there is nothing contradicting my claims' but if you do you are going to pay for sure) forget questioning them, if whatsapp says is true, then, dude, it is true, and be ready to see the evilness of China being used to justify any evilness of their sort, because just because someone's is fighting China that means that the person is a moralistic and good person, and if the person is not, then that person is evil, and the shit goes on further than that already, and this became a rant, but you get it. But yeah, some famous people can pick their hair as they want, publicly like anime but that is okay because "they just pretend to like these things to get to a further public, of course they don't truly like them". These conservatives are dogmatic in a Te fashion (forget doubt, "here is the truth as the Bible says it, and Bolsonaro is the hero saviour if he doesn't win election on 2022 it is because the elections are rigged, and if he wins, then they are not rigged") and they will come for your Ne as they suppressed mine already, and the experience sucks. That is what I was trying to warn about them, but this time I am being more directly, and even talking about this is painfully.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] just letting you know 90% of the people I interact with is progressive/social democrat. I am far from a bubble, and would bet I have a much more diverse friend group than the people here despite it all.

The arguments here don't change my opinion. They lack understanding and empathy. My arguments also were never from a religious perspective, but a naturalist one. People should have a healthy amount of skepticism, but they do not is my main issue. Can you even name one Progressive Liberal idea heavily critisized by the left in the last 3 years?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If they did, why didn't they push voting investigation? In my honest opinion, they cheated in 2016 too, they just underestimated Trump's support and their subtle cheats didn't overturn it. That is why it was "so close", but we didn't see the blatant spikes as we did in the Biden election, because they didn't want Trump in office again.

American history has always been rife with violence, and a lot more courage than what we see today. Partially because the government today has grown so strong, that it can actively suppress the people without batting an eye via technology, and psychology/brainwashing.

We don't have equitable representation, especially if the "elections" are bought and paid for by corporations and lobbying. I honestly do not think we have a lot of sway in our elections. We are quickly becoming an oligarchy, because people throw away the people's freedom and power in exchange of manufactured safety against manufactured threats.
Because the "thievery" of the 2016 election is built into the constitution, in the function of the electoral college. Most people today tend to assume that the candidate who earns the most votes wins, and in most elections that is the case. Not so for our president. Trump is not the only president in recent times to have lost the popular vote. We need electoral college reform/removal but that is another question for another thread.

Elections are run at the state level, and that's where accusations of fraud must be made and investigated. To the extent that they have, no fraud of any consequence has been uncovered. In many cases, the elections were run and the accusations investigated by Republicans who supported Trump. The idea of some massive fraud cover up strains credulity. As Carl Sagan used to say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and the courts, often presided over by GOP-appointed judges, have consistently thrown out the various lawsuits claiming electoral fraud and irregularity because that evicence was lacking. What bears more scrutiny and remedy is the persistent efforts by Republican legislators in some states to disenfranchise voters in Democratic-leaning groups or areas by making it difficult for them to cast votes.

If we think representation isn't equitable, we need to look at ourselves first. We have atrocious voter turnout, and a collective disdain for evidence-based approaches to much of anything. If corporations have too much money in the system - and they do - it is our money, freely paid. If we have any psychology or brainwashing at work, it is the corporate propaganda, aka advertising, that has made a science of parting people from their money by convincing them they need what they don't, and will be better off if they have it. It is also the "big lie" technique, used by Trump and his ilk, in combination with demands of personal loyalty over true patriotism. Mitt Romney criticised this quite eloquently when he said that the best way to respect the concerns of voters is to tell them the truth.

If you want to cite our Founding Fathers for anything, note that they had the backbone actually to implement a boycott of products from England - consider what a hardship that would have been at the time. When we as a society have imposed that on our biggest corporate manipulators, and when we have voter turnout in excess of 90%, perhaps then we can claim that there is something inherently wrong with our system of government. For now, the first thing we need to fix is ourselves.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I just want to add that there are plenty of reasons why it is possible that Trump lost fairly:

The most obvious one is that he completely messed up COVID response. What in the end led into another "great depression" and plenty of sick and dead people. Plus financially he just didn't do too much for the ordinary people when you compare it with other countries during this crisis. Since the start of campaign he said plenty of stuff into the camera or twitter that are hateful and divisive, what is likely to trigger none voters. He obviously didn't get the jobs back on the scale that it matters. The wall idea got kinda stuck. He put his own family into the government and they had their parts in the scandals. The public debt has considerably grown on his watch (and he promised otherwise). He never really admitted a mistake even if statistically it is basically impossible that he didn't make some (says something about the character). He was no stranger in spending his time around porn stars. He floated around "alternative facts" all the time. Over the years he evidently didn't actively and systematically condemn his more pushy followers (storming the state houses ... and similar stuff). He alienated plenty of countries and pushed them towards China, some of them were even pretty close traditional allies. His plans to stop certain countries from developing nuclear weapons are in ruins. On live TV he had a friendly press conferences with various dictators. He basically completely obliterated anything that has to do with environment protection (even if that directly effects people's health and future stability of both the country and the world). On infrastructure spending not much got done ... most of infrastructure is still decaying. Some manufacturing jobs were lost. He gave tax cuts to the rich and powerful ..... etc.

Therefore thinking that this election was stolen because he possibly couldn't have lost is kinda absurd point to make.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't mind an insurrection if the people trying to revolt weren't such narrowminded cringelords.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's got a point. Scientists all agree that the world was indeed flat until Galileo convinced everyone otherwise - and in doing so, made the Earth round. That's how science works.

it was common knowledge since ancient times that the earth was round. there just wasn't certainty on how large it actually was. neither Columbus or galileo proved anything new, and these myths need to die.