User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    468 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    That Capitol Police Officer who shot the insurrectionist dead with his standard issued .40 calibered 22 Glock good for him...shooting-to-kill would be the soundest policy for when the Capitol is under seige in that manner.
    It wasn't a "seige", and honestly using that kind of rhetoric is dangerous. It was a protest that got out of hand. They didn't even do that much damage. The BLM riots caused over 500m in damages, the capitol protest broke a few windows and doors. Even the news coverage of the "damage" is pretty pathetic. Almost everyone was unarmed. Why would you be okay with shooting unarmed civilians? Especially after the BLM riots.
    一期一会

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Dareyth View Post
    It wasn't a "seige", and honestly using that kind of rhetoric is dangerous. It was a protest that got out of hand. They didn't even do that much damage. The BLM riots caused over 500m in damages, the capitol protest broke a few windows and doors. Even the news coverage of the "damage" is pretty pathetic. Almost everyone was unarmed. Why would you be okay with shooting unarmed civilians? Especially after the BLM riots.
    It was an attempt to overthrow American democracy (and murder people along the way). The rioters might see themselves as patriotic revolutionaries, but they are violent criminals following delusional ideas.

Daryth, I think your heart is in the right place. You sound like a good person behind all the politics. But if you have obviously gone far down the rabbit hole these last few months or so. You are getting your information from dubious sources and apparently surrounding yourself with radicals - some of them liars, psychotics and potential murderers.

Please, please, please take some time to distcance yourself from the self-radicalization slope. Take a deep breath, maybe talk to some people in real life who you might disagree with but whom you trust. Maybe take a break from politics for a while and reconnect with old friends. I don't know. Just, you know, let in some fresh air and relax for a bit. Maybe reconsider ... maybe not. But take good care of yourself, because self-radicalization is a dangerous thing and it can seriously harm good people once they get into its claws!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

If anyone wondering if we have ever been here before - yes, we have been here before.

The Order (or The Silent Brotherhood) - The group was formed with the goal of overthrowing the United States Federal Government.

Fort Smith sedition trial - Wikipedia

Reagan’s DOJ was wholly uninterested in prosecuting white supremacist attacks until they started killing cops. Just may be instructive. This is a forgotten item from history but it 100% plays into the reason white supremacist/nationalists/fascists feel they can operate with impunity.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes The Cat, Red Memories liked this post

heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    It was an attempt to overthrow American democracy (and murder people along the way). The rioters might see themselves as patriotic revolutionaries, but they are violent criminals following delusional ideas.

Daryth, I think your heart is in the right place. You sound like a good person behind all the politics. But if you have obviously gone far down the rabbit hole these last few months or so. You are getting your information from dubious sources and apparently surrounding yourself with radicals - some of them liars, psychotics and potential murderers.

Please, please, please take some time to distcance yourself from the self-radicalization slope. Take a deep breath, maybe talk to some people in real life who you might disagree with but whom you trust. Maybe take a break from politics for a while and reconnect with old friends. I don't know. Just, you know, let in some fresh air and relax for a bit. Maybe reconsider ... maybe not. But take good care of yourself, because self-radicalization is a dangerous thing and it can seriously harm good people once they get into its claws!
    I agree with this.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    468 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post

It was not, it was a protest to contest the fraudulent election. If you were in their shoes, you would be protesting too. They had every right to protest. The founding fathers were considered terrorists at one time as well. Don't forget that 74m people voted for Trump. You cannot convince them somehow Biden was more popular than Obama, or any other president before him. Biden was a bet against Trump, not a "good" vote. Hell, even some Democrats think the election was stolen. You should really be worrying about how our "Democracy" is under attack with how some states are using easily hacked voting machines, and being accessed or counted outside of the USA. A lot of patterns in other countries of banana republics, was just seen in our most recent presidential election. A LOT of people around the world saw it too, and have even said things about the fact that it looks fraudulent. But continue to believe the media, as they slowly steal away all of your freedoms. But that's okay, they haven't come for you yet.

I appreciate you trying to reach out to me, but like. You are trying to do it from a position of moral authority. If you actually cared to reconcile and bridge the gap. Maybe not try to patronize me, or belittle my intelligence? I believe what I do, because I have a LOT of life experience. I have taken "Breaks" and have stepped aside for years. In fact, I was so disenfranchised with society, that i only started paying attention in 2016. Because finally someone had represented hope to me. I am not a radical, because I don't view people in black and white. I know your heart is in the right place, just like everyone else is here. In my honest opinion, we are all being played by rich elites who bombard us with disinformation. They want us to fight each other, and to divide us. If you truly wished for peace and understanding, you would aim for the middle ground. Not domination. Quit thinking of people like me as your "enemy", because that is what the real bad guys want. We are honestly no different, just our methods are different. We should seek compromise and understanding, not zero tolerance and chastisement. I get it though, we are also human. It is our natural inclination to take sides. It is natural to think in black and white. It is easier to tear down your foes, than it is to form a relationship. But this pattern is exactly why humanity is bound to repeat its mistakes. If you view me as down a rabbit hole, you are in a bunker. You don't seek to understand me, or the people on capitol hill at all. If you do, you are lying to yourself. What difference was there between the BLM riots, who wished to rebel against state mandated oppression of minorities, and the capitol hill protesters who wished to rebel against a fraudulent election? There is no difference. These "sides" are make belief. Its always been the people against the government. We should drop labels, and seek to understand each other.

I try every day to improve my understanding of people, society, and how to reconcile with people who disagree with me. I do not think any of you are truly bad, just a product of the system designed to set us against each other. Which is why I have always expressed desire to get to know you guys outside of politics. I don't get what is so difficult about doing so. Very few of you guys post outside of politics. Why?
    一期一会

MBTI
    FREE

It was not, it was a protest to contest the fraudulent election.
    This is false. There is no evidence that the election result is fraudulent--only lies promulgated by bad-faith actors and gullible Trumpsters. I would agree, if the election were fraudulent and the "deep state" were covering it up I would be out protesting and fighting for the country also, but that simply isn't what happened. The reason people question your intelligence is because you seem to lack an understanding of basic reality.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    468 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    This is false. There is no evidence that the election result is fraudulent--only lies promulgated by bad-faith actors and gullible Trumpsters. I would agree, if the election were fraudulent and the "deep state" were covering it up I would be out protesting and fighting for the country also, but that simply isn't what happened. The reason people question your intelligence is because you seem to lack an understanding of basic reality.
    Yes, because the most popular opinion is always the truth.
    一期一会

"God exists because it's a popular opinion." Okay, now I know what it feels like to post a completely irrational claim.

MBTI
    FREE

Yes, because the most popular opinion is always the truth.
    It isn't, but an opinion backed by facts and evidence is superior to one based on lies and propaganda.