• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump followers invade the capitol

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Speaking of Portland, only NOW that Trump is like 99.9 percent out of the office will Ted Wheeler call out Antifa and the violence that has been plaguing many parts of the city for months now...

Politicians that play such games, allowing the citizens to suffer in the crosshairs, must immediately be pulled from office. Absolutely despicable.

This is not the same thing as antifa. When did Antifa occupy a government building?

Why would you have something against antifascists, anyway? I'm immediately suspicious of anyone who has issues with antifascists.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What is this? I have not heard of this before but I know the horse shoe theory which suggests that extremes of left and right turn around towards one another (without connecting on a single point).

It's a [semi] joke about how at the end of the day, centrists will align with the right every time. Hence why looting a Target is being compared to *checks script* INVADING THE FUCKING CAPITOL.

Lark

This is not the same thing as antifa. When did Antifa occupy a government building?

Please, what even is so called "antifa", its nothing other than a "bogeyman" invented by the far right who need an enemy, otherwise their empty lives will have no meaning what so ever.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Antifa is a ideology, not a group. There is no leader of Antifa. Antifa literally means antifacist.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Please, what even is so called "antifa", its nothing other than a "bogeyman" invented by the far right who need an enemy, otherwise their empty lives will have no meaning what so ever.

Antifascists are people who don't like fascists. Anyone against that is someone I'm going to be wary of.

Lark

It's a [semi] joke about how at the end of the day, centrists will align with the right every time. Hence why looting a Target is being compared to *checks script* INVADING THE FUCKING CAPITOL.

Its a pathetic stunt and the establishment is letting them have their street theater as what difference does it make?

Really it means nothing and makes no difference to anything.

Things like this just come off as incredibly weak and the world is watching.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Its a pathetic stunt and the establishment is letting them have their street theater as what difference does it make?

Really it means nothing and makes no difference to anything.

Things like this just come off as incredibly weak and the world is watching.

I'm lost, are you saying that it's a bad joke to make or are you saying that what the joke is making fun of is bad?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You lost a fair and square election get over yourselves Trumpers.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

WHy would you have something against antifascists, anyway? I'm immediately suspicious of anyone who has issues with antifascists.

Trump sent the National Guard to the Portland Courthouse and barricaded the building once it was known the local authorities weren’t going to protect federal property, you’re correct, Antifa didn’t enter it.

Further, “Antifa” is merely branding. Of course I am against Facism, but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with what a group branded a certain way does.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hmm. Then I misunderstood it. I used to think it was about how the far-right typically sees itself as centrist ("normal people" "the silent majority", etc)

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm. Then I misunderstood it. I used to think it was about how the far-right typically sees itself as centrist ("normal people" "the silent majority", etc)

I'll be the first to admit that I am no political science expert. I feel like that is an equally valid reading of fish hook theory.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
German television is reporting live from Washington. At one point the foreign correspondent abruptly ends her report from in front of the Capitol: "There is a large group of people coming over, gotta go!" When they contact another reporter a few minutes later the first question from the studio in Germany to the reporter on the ground is "Is our colleague save?"

It all vibed like a live report from the bombing of Bagdad. They probably didn't expect that when they signed up for the prestigious position of foreign correspondent from Washington DC.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member

they do that too... they really like both having cake and eating it too..

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trump sent the National Guard to the Portland Courthouse and barricaded the building once it was known the local authorities weren’t going to protect federal property, you’re correct, Antifa didn’t enter it.

Further, “Antifa” is merely branding. Of course I am against Facism, but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with what a group branded a certain way does.

The two groups aren't the same, and frankly, your equation of the two of them has caused my estimation of you to drop quite a bit.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
German television is reporting live from Washington. At one point the foreign correspondent abruptly ends her report from in front of the Capitol: "There is a large group of people coming over, gotta go!" When they contact another reporter a few minutes later the first question from the studio in Germany to the reporter on the ground is "Is our colleague save?"

It all vibed like a live report from the bombing of Bagdad. They probably didn't expect that when they signed up for the prestigious position of foreign correspondent from Washington DC.

I heard ex troops that are now politicians saying that they haven't seen this after their deployment in Iraq. I mean this is something that is often seen in the 3rd world countries or countries that will become dictatorships. While here there are plenty of online comments how with this US lost any moral high-ground to lecture anyone on democracy and the rule of law. What will probably be used as the reasoning in the near future when it comes to global affairs. So all of this will do the damage in the big picture.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The emperor is wearing no clothes. And apparently, neither are his sheeple. Disgusting. :dry:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I heard ex troops that are now politicians saying that they haven't seen this after their deployment in Iraq. I mean this is something that is often seen in the 3rd world countries or countries that will become dictatorships. While here there are plenty of online comments how with this US lost any moral high-ground to lecture anyone on democracy and the rule of law. What will probably be used as the reasoning in the near future when it comes to global affairs. So all of this will do the damage in the big picture.

From what I can see the USA is in many regards a 2nd world country esp under Trump who wouldn't be out of place in a tin pot banana republic. The political dysfunction, failing or lack of social/public services, mass social unrest, huge wealth divides e.t.c. Not to be insulting to any countries but the events in DC remind me more of something that would happen in a more unstable 2nd world country. Hopefully new leadership can restore goodwill both domestically and worldwide.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From what I can see the USA is in many regards a 2nd world country esp under Trump who wouldn't be out of place in a tin pot banana republic. The political dysfunction, failing or lack of social/public services, mass social unrest, huge wealth divides e.t.c. Not to be insulting to any countries but the events in DC remind me more of something that would happen in a more unstable 2nd world country. Hopefully new leadership can restore goodwill both domestically and worldwide.

Dude, in the genuine 2nd world countries there are no elections at all. There is only "THE PARTY".