• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My voting dillema: What to do when both options for voting are (immently) corrupt?

mancino

Enlightened!
MBTI Type
NFJ
in the USA, one party is significantly more corrupt than the other. It's really that simple
I don't agree with your choice (but then I'm not American so what the **** do I know about American politics?) but I agree completely with your method: there are degrees of evil.
One could argue that life itself is about choosing the lesser evil most of the time.

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
"both options for voting are corrupt"... There are actually more options for voting than candidates.

Option #3 : no vote at all..

Option #4 : blank vote if your country allows it.

Option #5 : using the voting paper and the envelope (if any) and then putting everything in the ballot box for things other than voting a candidate. It may be : write the name of a non-candidate, alter an existing pre-printed voting paper, write the name of the two candidates, draw anything else on the voting paper, put things other than voting papers in the envelope if possible ; for fun or to purposefully disrupt the electoral count.

Unfortunately electronic voting systems won't allow you Option #5.

I don't vote at all anyway because I feel any candidate would do almost the same things as elected because of the nature of the job which is the subject of election. I mean, an elected politician is a giant at his top, but may not be at other giants' top (be the other giants other elected politicians, CEO's of the biggest businesses, or bosses of big mafias/gangs/militias).

Even if candidate A and candidate B don't have the same real/pretended intentions, candidate A may do what candidate B would do after election. (My president is not a "far-righter" but is doing things far-righters would do).

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Im going to do this decision soon, so if there is any additional suggestions, its today or tomorrow or 'never'.