User Tag List

12 Last

NITE FLIGHTS Tactical Turtleneck's Avatar
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default The hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of the Republican Party

Remember when these people at least pretended to be principled?
    Johari: http://kevan.org/jh/tactical+turtleneck
    Nohari: http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Tactical+Turtleneck

Come armageddon, come armageddon, come
    Likes Powehi liked this post

NITE FLIGHTS Tactical Turtleneck's Avatar
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII Ti

MBTI
    xxFP
    Enneagram
    12x sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Waited for it

for real though...like those people like WE GONNA MARCH

I'm like ok I heard you cry for 4 years telling libs to get over it anddddd....soooo.....karma's a bitch isn't it man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    793 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I hope Kayleigh McEnany never gets taken seriously ever again the way she's cheerleading these bogus efforts.
    Ti mozes sve, al' jedno ne...

Johari | Nohari

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

One impression that I have isn't necessarily verifiable, so take it with a grain of salt. Sometimes I think that the best representatives of the Republican Party - the people who value autonomy, focusing on social programs that get people back to work, trusting the "Free Market" to correct for errors, etc., tend to be a little nerdy with less social charisma than an Obama or Clinton (I have issues with Bill, but note the external social charisma). In order to establish social fervor charisma, they went in the opposite direction with Trump's anti-charisma charisma.

I'm not against all Republican perspectives and see it can provide potential balance when it is that true, reasoned, objective type of notions. I think there are some underlying issues because there are certain segments of the population that are too compromised to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" and there are people who do not fit the free market equation: namely the poor that are sick. The underlying foundational notion of Capitalism and the free market is that the primary human right is property not life. I still see their perspective as an important element in the overall dynamic. There are a lot of grey area people in society that need help, but also need a push to be functional, contributing members. Providing help that is on point is key, and this category that is debated over with Left and Right does not include everyone needing assistance. I also think that Democratic perspectives can create imbalance and that social programs are complex to plan and implement efficiently.

In an ideal world, we would alternate Left and Right presidents where the ones on the Left would introduce a bunch of new social programs to help marginalized groups, then the Right would take office and eliminate the programs that are not financially sound, then the Left would come back in and introduce more, then the Right would edit out the inefficient ones, etc. With that ebb and flow, a society could conceivably have effective and cost efficient social programs with a balanced, healthy, growing society that also has compassion for the most vulnerable individuals. Ideally the Left would create and the Right would edit.

Instead we have this nightmare situation with Trump. We need healthy, intelligent Republicans to reclaim their party and provide their insightful contribution to the dynamics of society.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

Both parties are morally bankrupt.
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Churchill | Imena, my site | other one

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by J. Starke View Post
    Both parties are morally bankrupt.
    I agree but what the Republicans have become is far more than just morally bankrupt. All that bothsideism the media humps like a dog really paid off - Republican voters simply excuse everything they do and rabidly attack everything/everyone else.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Powehi View Post

In an ideal world, we would alternate Left and Right presidents where the ones on the Left would introduce a bunch of new social programs to help marginalized groups, then the Right would take office and eliminate the programs that are not financially sound, then the Left would come back in and introduce more, then the Right would edit out the inefficient ones, etc. With that ebb and flow, a society could conceivably have effective and cost efficient social programs with a balanced, healthy, growing society that also has compassion for the most vulnerable individuals. Ideally the Left would create and the Right would edit.

For you ideal world is the system with just two parties ?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    No. Although I'm mostly just placing a positive dynamic on what happens to exist.

I have listened to some commentary on the two party issue. I understand that the United States' population is quite enormous to be slotted into two options. This deep division between two choices is a deep sociological phenomenon that might be an outgrowth of the two-team sports culture, but that may be another manifestation of it as well. We have Coke vs. Pepsi, Mac vs. PC, and typically there are two comparable pop stars, and of course Superbowl football teams, etc. People will be divisive about these opposing, but comparable corporate product choices.

I see the political system as generally being the same historically, except that Trump is an anomaly, which is likely why people are reading positive assumptions into him as a true outsider, but he is corporate, and the corporations pull the strings on the puppet politicians, so he isn't an outsider. What Trump is accomplishing though, is a dragging down of his opposition into this equivalency assumption. That might be the function he is intended to serve. I suspect* he is serving an intentional function.

I think this "comparable, but divisive corporate product choice" phenomenon as being part of hyper-capitalism, post-capitalism, or whatever is the correct term. It goes beyond free market choosing among options into a hyper level of perceptual control that is actually providing only one option in the guise of two. It permeates every detail of society, and will be nearly impossible to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    In the real political world, we find power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So we limit power by pitting one power against another power. Such as the Labor Party against the Liberal Party, or the Executive against the Judiciary.

The Separation of Powers limits power at the price of discontent.

By contrast idealism seeks to maximise power at the price of corruption.