• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Biden Administration

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tulsi should be named ambassador to India or foreign policy advisor

Throw a few low level cabinet positions to some Republicans.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If Biden wins (even with legal battles, which I hope he does because the Trump administration is full of shit), he’s still got a wounded nation to try and heal.

It’s not even new shit we’re divided over, that’s how dumb we are as a nation... :dry:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If Biden wins (even with legal battles, which I hope he does because the Trump administration is full of shit), he’s still got a wounded nation to try and heal.

It’s not even new shit we’re divided over, that’s how dumb we are as a nation... :dry:

I honestly think Biden is ahead in too many places Trump needs for legal battles to work. Biden could get both Georgia and Pennsylvania taken away him for example, and if he has Nevada and Arizona, he still wins.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I honestly think Biden is ahead in too many places Trump needs for legal battles to work. Biden could get both Georgia and Pennsylvania taken away him for example, and if he has Nevada and Arizona, he still wins.

I fucking hope so... it’s still not over till the fat lady sings. :heart:

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With the senate in republican control, I expect similar to the last two years of Obama where McConnell bragged about a legislative graveyard.

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
Nothing changes, except USA doesn't have a narcissist hypocrite in the office anymore.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Nothing changes, except USA doesn't have a narcissist hypocrite in the office anymore.

And perhaps some Trump supporters will see that absolutely 0 things we have been bitching about are political. They are moral. But I won't hold my breath. And if they can't figure this out, fuck them.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A copy of paste of an response I wrote to a Facebook friend of mine when he asked, rhetorically, "what if things will actually get better?

My own thoughts as a more moderate liberal:

1) With the Senate still in Republican hands, outside of a response to the pandemic, I don't expect any serious policy changes for minimally the next two years. This won't be from lack of trying, it will just be Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans being Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans and things will be more or less like the last few years of the Obama Whitehouse.

2) I do think things will improve on the pandemic front. As cynical as I am about Republicans these days, even I don't think they will ignore or wish away the coronavirus (as much Trump has tried too this year). It's killing on average a 1000 Americans a day RIGHT NOW, even they won't be able to ignore whatever the enormity of damage that will exist come January 20th.

I believe this pandemic has revealed the necessity of a coordinated response on the federal level, of which the Trump Administration wasn't really doing. The greater concern I have is that, because of our enormously flaccid response to the pandemic by our current President (who told me repeatedly it would all disappear by last week), Biden is going to to come into a situation 200 steps behind were he could and ought have been if our current leader wasn't such an unserious asshole. We're about to endure a long winter and I have no reason to expect Trump to actually try and *do* anything about that, just whine and flail and file lawsuits about an election he has no hope of winning.

3) The major improvement I think for the country, outside of the pandemic response, though will be that we will have a BORING president again, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It means we're going to have a president again who doesn't govern via tweet, who doesn't throw entire agencies and government responses into chaos with his tweets.

For example we're not going to have a situation where the President decides to ban travelers from Europe without notifying anyone, causing chaos and misery at airports and across the country like he did a couple of years or so ago.

We will have serious people in the office again who actually know what they're doing and something I think people will begin to realize as time progresses is how much stress it was putting on the public all of the chaos that the Narcissist in Chief was constantly creating by making himself the constant subject of conversation and how much mental and emotional space was reserved for that. It will be like a slow uncoiling of the collective psyche of the country.

So could things get better? I certainly hope so. Biden campaigned on his ability to reach across the aisle so maybe he has some secret McConnell-whisperer super power that I'm not not aware of, but I'm not expecting him to be able to meaningfully do anything about that.

For me, it'll be a massive improvement knowing that someone is at the helm that takes the job seriously, that doesn't want to turn every GOD DAMN DAY into an event ALL ABOUT HIM. I think at the BAREST minimum having government staffed with people who take it seriously will in itself have a positive effect.

It is also my sincere hope is that my Republican brothers and sisters will re-evaluate what they look for in a leader and try and find someone who represents the best of conservative values that ISN'T such a malignant assclown. I firmly believe our country *needs* representation of principled conservative values and that when we have such representation is when our country is at its best.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thread needs a tentative question mark beside it. The way things are beginning to appear, I'm not quite sure the biden administration will come to fruition.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
We're totally impeaching him if we win the House after the mid-terms. He has a lot more ties with China and Ukraine than Trump. You know what they say about pay-backs. :D

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're totally impeaching him if we win the House after the mid-terms. He has a lot more ties with China and Ukraine than Trump. You know what they say about pay-backs. :D

Fine with me. I just wanted Trump out. Biden's not the hill I want to die on.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE

I have no problem with President Kamala Harris. And if you have sufficient evidence, then he should be impeached and removed. If only it always worked that way...

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think you're joking but this also kinda scares me about the future of American politics.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The authoritarian fist will come for the right too, I promise. Everything they are cheering on is going to happen to them. This is how autocracy works, this is how it always works. Don't say no one warned you.