• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Biden Administration

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sorry. I’m stupid
The fault here is all mine, not in the least yours or anyone else's. I'm the one who should apologize. I was incredibly vague and also condescending.

I'm just saying that such actions as what took place on Jan. 6 are not handled very well by the ordinary constitutional process or with the tools and definitions that a legal system can provide. Certainly not by a legally non-binding Congressional "investigation", the insistence of political pluralism at all costs, the political taboos on punishing sitting elected officials and former elected officials, strict adherence to legality when dealing with what essentially were attacks on the legal order itself and against the State (the State with a capital "S") -- e.g. the ridiculously lenient charges brought against the people who took part in the riot. And yes, the theatricality and posturing that Congressional inquiries lend themselves to is also distasteful.

If you wanted to place Recep Erdogan's crackdown after the failed coup attempt in Turkey as an example of an extreme overreaction, then Biden's and the Democrat's reaction to the Capitol riot would be at the opposite extreme of an underreaction.

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The fault here is all mine, not in the least yours or anyone else's. I'm the one who should apologize.

I'm just saying that such actions as what took place on Jan. 6 are not handled very well by the ordinary constitutional process or with the tools and definitions that a legal system can provide. Certainly not by a legally non-binding Congressional "investigation", the insistence of political pluralism at all costs, the political taboos on punishing sitting elected officials and former elected officials, strict adherence to legality when dealing with what essentially were attacks on the legal order itself and against the State (the State with a capital "S") -- e.g. the ridiculously lenient charges brought against the people who took part in the riot. And yes, the theatricality and posturing that Congressional inquiries lend themselves to is also distasteful.

If you wanted to place Recep Erdogan's crackdown after the failed coup attempt in Turkey as an example of an extreme overreaction, then Biden's and the Democrat's reaction to the Capitol riot would be at the opposite extreme of an underreaction.
Well you can always count on the Democratic party to half ass things when not outright trying to block progress (something they very much put all their effort and energy into). I guess you're probably more likely to take the effort to become a politician if you're a psycho with your priorities out of whack, though.

I guarantee you can come up with something that needs to happen and then count on the Democratic party as a whole to do the exact opposite. It's like clockwork.

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am curious.

How does current state of mess in Ukraine looks from the US ?
I mean this probably is the greatest pressure on US sphere of influence in years if not decades. Especially if this ends with full scale invasion on Ukraine. While this mess is probably the last thing US needs right now.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah it seems that this will indeed turn into open conflict from what I see. The chances of that are evidently rising.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am curious.

How does current state of mess in Ukraine looks from the US ?
I mean this probably is the greatest pressure on US sphere of influence in years if not decades. Especially if this ends with full scale invasion on Ukraine. While this mess is probably the last thing US needs right now.
I honestly think two things can happen. Either Putin calls USA's bluff and we go to war, or its all just a bunch of posturing and will result in nothing. If we do go to war, it will probably end a lot sooner than middle eastern wars. Russian technology, is sub par compared to USA, we win on technology front alone. But when it comes to competence? USA has gotten a lot weaker over the last few years. I don't think it will result in anything nuclear. But for Taiwan (which is also on the horizon), that is completely unpredictable.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
There will not be direct war. If there is one that will be the one between Russia and Ukraine supplied by the west. I really doubt that it will escalate further than that.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If something doesn't change quickly there will be a large war in Ukraine (in my opinion).

1. Northern Ukraine is just 200 miles away from Moscow and Russia just can't allow that the country joins NATO.

2. Developed countries are stunned with problems at home and this war would probably only deepen that.

3. Europe is already genuinely trying to reduce the dependence on Russian energy and it is removing local politicians that are friendly to it.

4. Russian allies are dictatorships that wouldn't mind this. Many will even approve.

What means that the conditions are pretty good for a "major show". Russia doesn't really have that much to lose.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As I said I have certain sympathy for this Indian channel.
However towards this we are looking at possible triple push from the eastern powers (this is all ultra fresh).

I mean from strategic point of view it makes sense to push on multiple fronts at once. Since that creates much more chaos and therefore it is easier to achieve goals.