• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Biden Administration

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Feels like a colossal step backwards, especially regarding foreign policy.
Also seems like a stiff breeze would blow him over.
Almost rather have Kamala Harris in charge right now by sheer virtue of her somewhat functional brain.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What even is Biden's game plan other than lip service and Covid (that just got an effective vaccine)? I personally think he will step down very quickly, and hand it off to Harris and Pelosi.

Like said already, Dems will be grid locked for two years. But Biden doesnt have to do anything. He'll get all the credit for fixing covid and economic recovery from Trump's policies. Only to destroy it once he isn't crippled by banning fracking, destroying the automobile industry, and undoing American first policy. Oh, and He'll raise taxes, and fail to deliver things like free college. Perhaps he might excuse the debt, if his masters let him.

I also bet you we enter a new interventionist war under the Biden administration.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Stigmata said:
I think you're joking but this also kinda scares me about the future of American politics.

I don't think they'll do it, but I would definitely do it. It's time the Dems got a taste of their own medicine. I want at least 1 Special Prosecutor hounding him on day 1 because that's what the Dems did to Trump.
The Biden Resistance Movement has begun and we will oppose any legislation he proposes because that's how you guys acted. I'd also indefinitely suspend all SCOTUS appointments until after the 2024 election, because it's fun. :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
China's cozying to US allies is Biden's issue now

This will be an "interesting drama" to watch. Because if he starts new trade deals that will probably cause red waves at home in the incoming years. However if you don't do much you are basically letting China to run amok across the Pacific. Especially since economic presence will quickly translate into other forms of influence.

Russia's 'foreign agent' bill foreshadows civil society clampdown

While on the other side Russia is openly moving back into the state of things what existed before 90s.
Kinda similar is in many post communist east European countries. Since the democracy is evaporating, some deals with Russia are made, Russian companies are freely advertising (they even try to help the poor to swing people their way), Russian oil is still dominant, some pro western politicians faced local versions of impeachment, ex Communists are hampering expansion of transatlantic institutions, etc.

Therefore US evidently doesn't have much time for partisan stuff since the whole system is under threat of implosion due to pressure from outside. Which makes all other problems worse. Because now the whole world is basically one giant electoral college game of influences between East and West. However the game can quickly snowball once the balance is lost. What automatically creates mess at home for the losing side due to decreased influences and profits.

Nicodemus

I really hope Biden has a plan for how to silence Trump - a flood of investigations and lawsuits, a gag order from the first judge he faces, deletion of his social media accounts, taps on his phones and emails. Maybe kidnap him and bring him to some shithole country in Africa.

Lark

If Biden wins (even with legal battles, which I hope he does because the Trump administration is full of shit), he’s still got a wounded nation to try and heal.

It’s not even new shit we’re divided over, that’s how dumb we are as a nation... :dry:

Biden has won already.

I think a lot of the BS which is going on presently may be why some of the more bat shit crazy members of the UK Conservative Party still think they are going to simply wind up the NHS and restart the British Empire circa 1921 or something.

If there is a wounded or divided or what ever you have nation one thing is for sure there's going to be plenty of service men and women to take care of any hill billy insurgency and they'll have had enough experience fighting insurgents from the Bush-Blair campaigning.

Lark

I really hope Biden has a plan for how to silence Trump - a flood of investigations and lawsuits, a gag order from the first judge he faces, deletion of his social media accounts, taps on his phones and emails. Maybe kidnap him and bring him to some shithole country in Africa.

I'm not sure that this would do anything at all other than continue to fuel Trump's idea that he matters or is some sort of messiah and it'll go double for his supporters too.

That said, I can understand why and how some liberals would like their own "liberal Trump", that's a bad idea though, a really bad idea and would do nothing other than make Trumps of one variety or another the new normal, which I really dont think anyone other than someone aiming that the collapse of the US through internal conflict would want.

Lark

China's cozying to US allies is Biden's issue now

This will be an "interesting drama" to watch. Because if he starts new trade deals that will probably cause red waves at home in the incoming years. However if you don't do much you are basically letting China to run amok across the Pacific. Especially since economic presence will quickly translate into other forms of influence.

Russia's 'foreign agent' bill foreshadows civil society clampdown

While on the other side Russia is openly moving back into the state of things what existed before 90s.
Kinda similar is in many post communist east European countries. Since the democracy is evaporating, some deals with Russia are made, Russian companies are freely advertising (they even try to help the poor to swing people their way), Russian oil is still dominant, some pro western politicians faced local versions of impeachment, ex Communists are hampering expansion of transatlantic institutions, etc.

Therefore US evidently doesn't have much time for partisan stuff since the whole system is under threat of implosion due to pressure from outside. Which makes all other problems worse. Because now the whole world is basically one giant electoral college game of influences between East and West. However the game can quickly snowball once the balance is lost. What automatically creates mess at home for the losing side due to decreased influences and profits.

Exactly.

All of the Trump games serve no purpose than to get the US to take its eye of the ball. Its largely worked too.

I remember a long time ago floating the idea of whether or not US right wing radicals would accept foreign interference or occupation if they thought it would further their goals, the worrying thing was that to a man all of those involved where prepared to consider it as acceptable.

Like there was a bunch of deflection about how they thought it was more probably Obama would refuse to obey term limits or would invite a Canadian or Chinese or Japanese (I know) intervention or all sorts of bat shit crazy stuff about Israeli and Jewish conspiracies globally but ultimately the thinking was that foreign occupation would be preferable to non-racist, fiscally conservative, politically liberal administration.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Exactly.

All of the Trump games serve no purpose than to get the US to take its eye of the ball. Its largely worked too.

I remember a long time ago floating the idea of whether or not US right wing radicals would accept foreign interference or occupation if they thought it would further their goals, the worrying thing was that to a man all of those involved where prepared to consider it as acceptable.

Like there was a bunch of deflection about how they thought it was more probably Obama would refuse to obey term limits or would invite a Canadian or Chinese or Japanese (I know) intervention or all sorts of bat shit crazy stuff about Israeli and Jewish conspiracies globally but ultimately the thinking was that foreign occupation would be preferable to non-racist, fiscally conservative, politically liberal administration.

Well, stereotypical American right-winger doesn't really understand how the world works and who is who on the map. Especially since many "answers" aren't one dimensional.

However that really leaves Biden with one hell of mess to clean up, since he has to start cleaning up not just the last 4 years but at least the last 20 years. What will be a challenge for sure since he has to turn the ship around on just about everything. However that is probably the only way that the right finally calms down, what is important since they are indeed rocking the boat too hard. While it is pretty clear that they don't have a master plan (since that is how reactive people behave by definition). However geopolitical issues are simply too complex that you can improves solutions. There is just too many variables and therefore it hard to get it right on the long run with a guess. Therefore with any luck US will start to heal under the next administration, since good chunk of people on top now probably understands that next four years will save or brake the country. In a way in my book the whole Trump thing was just a warring shot from certain demographic groups (which is generally kinda justified). Therefore the only real solution is that you give your people decent and secure jobs that will create enough goods and resources that your geopolitical position doesn't implode under foreign pressures (kinda the same goes for public debt and debts in general). So yeah, the first few months will kinda define where this ship will actually go. Since everything else will probably just be snowballing of what happens in early 2021.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm kinda excited to see who Biden chooses as his cabinet. Weird I know. XD But I hear he's supposed to announce it soon?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's meant to be a little chuckly to post this in the Biden Administration thread. I know this is a sentimental piece, but at least it did happen. After everything we've been through with the hateful rhetoric of Trump, it is at least helpful to hear something simple and positive.

Anyway, Major will be on staff at the White House. If Biden fills his cabinet with similar folk, then yes, I'm on board.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I like Beau's points here, but I don't think Biden will necessarily capitulate or not expend energy on domestic climate change targets. Or, at least, if he does, I don't think it will be directly linked to Kerry's wins on the international stage. That has more to do with domestic political pressure and internal party politics. The fact remains Democrats lost seats in the House this cycle, and despite the fact most who lost were moderates and multiple progressives kept seats in swing districts, the party leadership will still pin these losses on progressives and be hesitant to push for a Green New Deal-type thing. Regardless of whether or not Biden appointed Kerry or even created a climate czar position in the first place, I think the Democrats as a whole will (very stupidly in my opinion) be reticent in pursuing bold action on climate change. Obviously, I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but my trust in the Democratic Party to adapt to what voters want and what is needed remains cynically low.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I like Beau's points here, but I don't think Biden will necessarily capitulate or not expend energy on domestic climate change targets. Or, at least, if he does, I don't think it will be directly linked to Kerry's wins on the international stage. That has more to do with domestic political pressure and internal party politics. The fact remains Democrats lost seats in the House this cycle, and despite the fact most who lost were moderates and multiple progressives kept seats in swing districts, the party leadership will still pin these losses on progressives and be hesitant to push for a Green New Deal-type thing. Regardless of whether or not Biden appointed Kerry or even created a climate czar position in the first place, I think the Democrats as a whole will (very stupidly in my opinion) be reticent in pursuing bold action on climate change. Obviously, I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but my trust in the Democratic Party to adapt to what voters want and what is needed remains cynically low.

yeah. I was a big fan of the green new deal. Diet Republicans(Corporate Democrats) hold very little appeal to me. Theyre good at talking when it suits their donors but theyre a big reason why someone like Trump had such a shot in 2016. So many people were just not voting hillary... Personally speaking I would have really liked Bernie and AOC for pres/VP in either order. But we don't live in that reality.

e787b423378c6f81d3099029515a48a2.jpg

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
fucking image loading is not having a good day today:dry: