• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should you have to pay to access your money and save?

Lark

In the UK the banks are suggesting that they will not levy charges on current accounts, withdrawals, deposits and ATMs, do you think you should have to pay fees to utilize banking and access your money?

Would this motivate you to keep your money at home or buy assets with it rather than save?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
regardless, everyone who is able should consider keeping a jar of money buried in their yard, in the event some cyberterrorist attack wiped out all of the bank records. My grandfather in law had a bank account in addition to a hidden jar that he periodically added 20 dollar bills to. When he died, there was over a thousand dollars in the jar we were able to put towards cremation costs.

Never keep your eggs in one basket.

to answer OP, I would rather there be no additional charges.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In the UK the banks are suggesting that they will not levy charges on current accounts, withdrawals, deposits and ATMs, do you think you should have to pay fees to utilize banking and access your money?

Would this motivate you to keep your money at home or buy assets with it rather than save?

Is anyone really going to answer - Fees YES!? I am all for public banking and alternatives to commercial banking. Like most things, diversifying is the best idea here.

I also agree that people, if they have the means to do so, should keep some cash on hand. Bartering is an idea but that's limited.

Lark

Is anyone really going to answer - Fees YES!? I am all for public banking and alternatives to commercial banking. Like most things, diversifying is the best idea here.

I also agree that people, if they have the means to do so, should keep some cash on hand. Bartering is an idea but that's limited.

I figure that there have to be some people out there who think that way Ceecee or the banks couldnt be thinking they will get away with this, you know?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Jaguar

I don't understand. Why the hell would I have to pay to access my money?

Mole

Permabanned
I belong to a Credit Union, which pays me to keep my money, and allows in unlimited withdrawals without paying a cent.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I belong to a Credit Union, which pays me to keep my money, and allows in unlimited withdrawals without paying a cent.
Same. These fees are quite foreign to me since my credit union does not charge me.