• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sunken Cities?

Lark

What do you think about sunken cities? The most recent, that I am aware of, was discovered of the coast of Japan but the official line on it could be that its a rock formation that simply looks a lot like some kind of man made structure, anyway, there are a lot of Atlantis myths, in different cultures, some of which had no traffic with one another about cataclysmic floods and sunken cities, what do you think about these?

Do you think that there has been cataclysmic weather or environmental change in the past which could have wiped out entire "advanced" civilizations? Do you think that the magnetic poles of the earth could have reversed their polarity in the ancient past and caused events of this kind?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I think Miami is going to find out in the next decade; first hand what it's like to be a sunken city.

the world is not a static place. tides ebb and flow and cities rise and fall. Climate is what you hope for. Weather is what you get.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Primitive civilizations and empires did fall due to weather and environment related reasons. However in my book advanced civilization is quite new concept on the surface of this plant.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The world isn't static, and there is really nothing we can do to change that. Just adapt along the way. We have plenty of time to plan and adapt before a city literally sinks via continental drift and or rising sea levels.