User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: CANZUK

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    You lack strategic thinking.

    If there is indeed massive civil war kinda mess in the US that is probably game over for the democratic part of the globe in current situation. Especially if everyone else doesn't come together into some kind of alliance.


    Plus if this mess in the US happens it's enemies will probably strike or expand somewhere. However US in mess would be very poor choice since that would surely stop the civil war. So it is more likely that they will strike at places like Australia. Which is geographically isolated but not that far from China.
    Yeah, the best thinking from the EU I've seen was to do with NATO and the EU becoming a Pax Europa to replace the Pax Americana which had in turn replaced the Pax Britannia.

    Now I can understand why anyone would be nervous about Germany becoming militarist like the US given its history, the Germans themselves are dead set against the idea, but I actually think Poland could become pivotal in the future and they are not as ambivalent about the idea. Hence Trump's attempt to court them with his stupid visit some time ago and repeated attempts to win them over from ideas which were less neo-liberal or less free market than he liked the sound of.

  2. #22
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Posts
    14,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

    China and Russia literally own the UK.

    Brexit meant a lot of things to different people but to Westminister it meant protecting financial speculators and dark money in the City of London. Its how most of the UKCP pay for their estates and cocaine bills. More than once they have made phenomenal amounts of money "betting" against the UK on the markets. They dont care who owns utilities, energy, other public assets so long as they have their own, personal, wealth/legacies.

    Its been that way since the eighties. Economic catastrophe for the majority of the country makes little difference as they have done some serious number crunching and there are in built majorities now which allow them as secure a political control as any of the "people's democracies" and "democratic centralism".

    I am aware of the facts/points behind the first sentence. Especially since it is more than obvious that the strategy of the east is to fragment the west. This is exactly why I am over and over talking about putting democracies at one pile. Since fragmentation will quite likely lead into geopolitical defeat.


    On the other hand I am child of war and therefore I don't see what you say as fundamentally unfixable. Since you can take many assets back with nationalizations, also you can simply bankrupt them in controlled fashion through ignoring them, or you can just make your own and just take over your own local market. So booting China and Russia out isn't something that is out of reach.

  3. #23
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    In time the eradication of monarchy will take place and with any luck it'll be accompanied by nationalism and capitalism.
    Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Britain will defend our Constitutional Monarchy.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Britain will defend our Constitutional Monarchy.
    Mole I'd say it might be a good idea to read a little bit about what's happening in what you're describing as Britain right now.

    It looks like English nationalism will result in the end of partition in Ireland and creation of a single country ruled from Dublin rather than Westminister (I hope that Stormont/the NI assembly can get as much power as possible in the deal), it is likely it will result in Scottish independence, maybe even the division of England into an independent northern and southern regions, and an independent Wales.

    The little Englanders will achieve themselves the break up of the UK which none of the region's nationalist movements could achieve themselves.

    Further, the same English nationalists are insular and isolationist in extremis, they see international relations as nothing other than an unsustainable expense which will threaten their pensions or benefits. You should look into it all as I think you would find it interesting if you did. It is unlikely to validate or match your current opinion though.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I am aware of the facts/points behind the first sentence. Especially since it is more than obvious that the strategy of the east is to fragment the west. This is exactly why I am over and over talking about putting democracies at one pile. Since fragmentation will quite likely lead into geopolitical defeat.


    On the other hand I am child of war and therefore I don't see what you say as fundamentally unfixable. Since you can take many assets back with nationalizations, also you can simply bankrupt them in controlled fashion through ignoring them, or you can just make your own and just take over your own local market. So booting China and Russia out isn't something that is out of reach.
    The country has been sold off to foreign interests by politicians who consider public life as a kind of get rich quick scheme or who, like I've said before, need to money to bankroll expensive addictions or dependencies.

    I know there are policies a future opposition government could employ to overturn this status quo but I think it is incredibly unlikely. Jeremy Corbyn would have done so and he was undermined by the press, politicians within his own party and just about every resource the establishment could muster.

  6. #26
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Posts
    14,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The country has been sold off to foreign interests by politicians who consider public life as a kind of get rich quick scheme or who, like I've said before, need to money to bankroll expensive addictions or dependencies.

    I know there are policies a future opposition government could employ to overturn this status quo but I think it is incredibly unlikely. Jeremy Corbyn would have done so and he was undermined by the press, politicians within his own party and just about every resource the establishment could muster.


    This is exactly why I said that I am a child of "big changes". Since this will not be solved through everyday politics or any kind of everyday logic.
    This is because people on their own have to realize that with their spending they shouldn't support business that is evidently bad for the country as a whole (while those that are owned by foreign dictatorships or sell their goods in mass are quite likely to be that case). Actually over 4 years every person makes much bigger difference through their spending habits than through voting, especially if there is local status quo in politics. Therefore kicking out unwanted has to come from the people, since in dynamics this should be going from the bottom upward. In a way that is kinda the whole point of market, that people sanction unwanted practices.



    For example evidently the richest man in my country is now bankrupt and in jail. I mean he is there because more and more people started to boycott him, even trashing his customers became kinda normal. What is because it became obvious that he is feeding with blood and that he bought pretty much everybody. Therefore the boycott kicked him out of the game and then all the scams came out in the open. So legal actions had to happen (since his own partners/suppliers wanted their money). Therefore as long as people don't fall into routine this can be cleaned up fairly quickly through the most basic money dynamic.

  7. #27
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Mole I'd say it might be a good idea to read a little bit about what's happening in what you're describing as Britain right now. It looks like English nationalism will result in the end of partition in Ireland and creation of a single country ruled from Dublin rather than Westminister (I hope that Stormont/the NI assembly can get as much power as possible in the deal), it is likely it will result in Scottish independence, maybe even the division of England into an independent northern and southern regions, and an independent Wales. The little Englanders will achieve themselves the break up of the UK which none of the region's nationalist movements could achieve themselves. Further, the same English nationalists are insular and isolationist in extremis, they see international relations as nothing other than an unsustainable expense which will threaten their pensions or benefits. You should look into it all as I think you would find it interesting if you did. It is unlikely to validate or match your current opinion though.
    Britain is no longer part of Europe and can now come home to the Anglosphere. Neither the Left nor authoritarian States can stop us. Cancelling won't work nor will State bullying.

    The virus will hold us up for a while, meanwhile our health measures have been so successful Oz has no new cases except for two in the State of Victoria.

  8. #28
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    It's a stupid idea dreamed up by a small number of fauxstalgic, historically misinformed people that would be difficult to implement anyway in today's world.
    That is all the comment it warrants.

  9. #29
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    It's a stupid idea dreamed up by a small number of fauxstalgic, historically misinformed people that would be difficult to implement anyway in today's world. That is all the comment it warrants.
    Even today Germany wants to dominate Europe, but will be left right out of CANZUK.

  10. #30
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19,761

    Default

    When it is winter in Canada and Britain, it is summer in New Zealand and Australia, we are made to trade with each other.

    And while Britain has a large population in a small area, Canada and Australia have space to spare. We are made for the free flow of citizens.

    And as China succeeds in driving the USA from Asia, CANZUK will be a counnter weight to China, and so peace and trade will be maintained.

    English is the lingua franca of the world, and English is the language of science. And English has far more words than any other language, and so English is more nuanced and rich.

    CANZUK is united by the oceans, and Lenin planned to take over Australia because it is the key to the oceans. And so Australia is the key to CANZUK.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO