• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Six men charged in alleged plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When he’s out of office and the dust has settled, a case for treason could be made against Trump

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Anyone that needs to know - these people are Anarcho-capitalists. I would put most extremist libertarians under this umbrella as well in this case but the MSM will never ever use this term or terms like acceleration-ism or capitalist anarchism or voluntaryism. You'll only hear them talk about antifa or use the word anarchy in some made up context - certainly not the actual definition or anything.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone that needs to know - these people are Anarcho-capitalists. I would put most extremist libertarians under this umbrella as well in this case but the MSM will never ever use this term or terms like acceleration-ism or capitalist anarchism or voluntaryism. You'll only hear them talk about antifa or use the word anarchy in some made up context - certainly not the actual definition or anything.

I have been shouting WORDS MEAN THINGS when screen-reading news and social media discourse an awful lot.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Ummm, are the people who blame Trump for this also blaming Democrats/the media for the assassination of police officers?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I mean, the only MSM thing on Antifa I see is them saying Trump is bullshit for thinking Antifa exists and as usual everything he does or says is a lie or wrong or both. But I don't really watch my MSM, I see it on the front page of my browser. XD

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I mean, the only MSM thing on Antifa I see is them saying Trump is bullshit for thinking Antifa exists and as usual everything he does or says is a lie or wrong or both. But I don't really watch my MSM, I see it on the front page of my browser. XD

Antifa doesn't exsist. Antifa is a view by pepple who are anti-fascist, which I thought most people would generally be. Fascism has never been anything but a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism. I would be shocked if any MSM said this instead of Trump is bullshit for thinking antifa exists. He is about most things but that's beside the point.

MSM (I don't watch it, I read it and I read centrist reporting that only makes things worse. this is why I look for independent investigative journalism) uses the word anarchy improperly all the time as well. To them anarchy = looting, rioting and even protesting to the more right leaning, uninformed. But...

man-charged-in-plot-to-kidnap-whitmer-shared-stage-with-west-michigan-sheriff-at-rally

This is the sheriff of the county I live in. He is a "constitutional sheriff" and ran on that platform. He enforces the laws he agrees with, he doesn't enforce the ones he doesn't agree with. Which is why he attend this "rally" with no fear of blowback. Until now. Which is a delightful sidebar.

Man charged in plot to kidnap Whitmer shared stage with West Michigan sheriff at rally

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently at least three of the thirteen men charged participated in the armed protests (against Whitmer's shutdown) back in April (?).

The source of this should be listed under HCR's post yesterday, I didn't bother looking through her sources. I've not yet seen a claim in her blog that she hasn't supported with a link.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Jason Miller has the audacity...the AUDACITY to turn this on Whitmer. What else can we expect from an administration in denial of the damage it's caused and the hatred it's inspired?

It's much easier than saying the quiet part, the actual root of all of the extremism we see..

No one is fated to be a far right terrorist. This is learned and fostered by governmental neglect.

We need to make sure that people feel they have a real stake in society and most generally do not.

When Trump took office, 40% of the population was struggling to afford basics.

We are reaping what we've sowed over four decades of trickle-down neoliberal policies. We've brought America's population to the brink. In 2019, it was reported that 78% of full-time workers were living paycheck-to-paycheck.

Either we tackle this head on or continue on the current path - the US is a failing state - a third world county with first world money concentrated in the hands of the wealthy and corporations.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well said^.

We are bizarrely close to ending up like Octavia Butler's dystopian novels.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the sheriff of the county I live in. He is a "constitutional sheriff" and ran on that platform. He enforces the laws he agrees with, he doesn't enforce the ones he doesn't agree with. Which is why he attend this "rally" with no fear of blowback. Until now. Which is a delightful sidebar.

Man charged in plot to kidnap Whitmer shared stage with West Michigan sheriff at rally

Sheriff Shrugs Off Alleged Whitmer Kidnapping Plot, Suggests It Might’ve Been Citizen’s Arrest

Lark

Well said^.

We are bizarrely close to ending up like Octavia Butler's dystopian novels.

This reminds me of GDH Cole's quote about fascism being nonsense and convinced that people believe nonsense and should believe nonsense and not that people are irrational and should be convinced of reason but are irrational and should be kept that way.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This reminds me of GDH Cole's quote about fascism being nonsense and convinced that people believe nonsense and should believe nonsense and not that people are irrational and should be convinced of reason but are irrational and should be kept that way.

That doesn't even make sense. But I... guess... that's the point? Or something? *rubs temples*

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At least we can all sleep tight tonight knowing "law and order" Trump will definitely, 100% rein down the hardest possible condemnations and every consequence in the book at these lawbreakers. Right?

Hey there is only a 40% chance he will refer to them as very fine people

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
All I can say is that I've lived here for several years and, under that veneer of nice, helpful, philanthropic is a warped reality that encourages this behavior. That's why this is a great place to live if your interests revolve around business and the economy and the continuation of neo-liberal policy that eviscerates every one else. It's exactly what the best representation of white, right wing, heavily reformed Protestant values are.

Man charged in Gov. Whitmer kidnap plot was living below Grand Rapids business

Noooooo idea at all. lol

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey there is only a 40% chance he will refer to them as very fine people

As per the unspoken Trump 2020 platform: Unfettered entitlement for the 40%, law and order for everyone who isn't the 40%!

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
#puremichigan

Even though Whitmer is easily the worst governor this state has ever had, drunk on self appointed unconstitutional power, and one of the first figures in public office to turn the pandemic into a toxic partisan shit-show, all while eviscerating the state economy and presiding over the 12th highest death rate from Covid among the states, I certainly would not want to see her assaulted/kidnapped, and I certainly do not want to deal with a civil war (which I understand was the underlying intention). I'd rather just vote her out of office when the time comes like a civil american. Hopefully the people who voted her in learned their lesson.

Trying to blame Trump for this is one hell of a TDS stretch. It's OK to not like Trump, but can we please just put down the MSM narrative that has been proven like ten billion times in the last four years to be absolute horse shit?