User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: #walkaway

MBTI
    INTP

Default #walkaway

A very up-front, detailed, and intimate story about this lady's political journey:

Is there a movement like this in the other direction- from right to left- with similarly up-front, detailed, and intimate stories to go with them?
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    147 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...publican+party

this pops up a few things. I think because most assume people are inherently left, this walk away movement gets a lot of momentum, but it seems obvious that people leave the republican party as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I never really left the left, even though they don't want me. I am a party and ideology of one.
    RCOAI 9w8 sp/sx INTP

Likes Red Memories, anticlimatic, Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Orchid View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...publican+party this pops up a few things. I think because most assume people are inherently left, this walk away movement gets a lot of momentum, but it seems obvious that people leave the republican party as well.
    Hey thanks, I watched a dozen or so of those videos. Searched a bit of the #gopexit for more. I was surprised how many planned to return to the Republican Party in 2024 after Trump/Biden('s first term) were over. All the videos were very Trump-centric. Most of the #walkaway (from the Democratic Party) videos were very unimpressive to me too- most of them are very religion-centric, but I was extremely impressed with the one I posted here. Any video, from any person, with any political leaning that is similar in form and substance to that one is something I'd love to watch- measured, articulate, personal, spanning years, calm, reasoned, independent conclusions- that kind of thing is my bread and butter. I get very turned off, left or right, when I hear people speak in ways that seem copied or preprogrammed. Honest individualism always gets through to me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Turtleneck View Post
    I never really left the left, even though they don't want me. I am a party and ideology of one.
    But what about someone proclaiming love for honest individualism yet returning to the fold of the right wing sheep in the same breath? That has to mean....something right? It could be the inability to think outside of a very narrow, fear fueled ideology, it could be lead poisoning. I don't know.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes JocktheMotie liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    But what about someone proclaiming love for honest individualism yet returning to the fold of the right wing sheep in the same breath? That has to mean....something right? It could be the inability to think outside of a very narrow, fear fueled ideology, it could be lead poisoning. I don't know.
    Must be the lead

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Turtleneck View Post
    Must be the lead
    She's just mad someone responded to my thread.

Lead was only banned from potable water fittings like 10-20 years ago, so any pipe in the ground that's older than that is full of it. It became a problem in flint because the water they pumped through it happened to be more acidic than usual, but make no mistake it's the same shitty old plumbing underneath every city. Unless you have a private well, I wouldn't trust it, and would have the water tested. Health department does it for like 20 bucks.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Hey, I was a liberal back when it promoted individuality and diversity of thought (bush admin)- it's not my fault nut jobs took over your party with identity politics, the exact opposite of that. If you think people on the right are bigger sheep than people on the left, I'd be happy to crush you in that debate any day.
    Likes Dareyth liked this post

heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    Hey, I was a liberal back when it promoted individuality and diversity of thought (bush admin)- it's not my fault nut jobs took over your party with identity politics, the exact opposite of that. If you think people on the right are bigger sheep than people on the left, I'd be happy to crush you in that debate any day.
    I dunno, I think if they weren't sheep, the upper echelons of the GOP wouldn't be all up in our house with disease.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

I can't listen to people who sound like that. She got the axe in less than 30 seconds. Torture.
    Vote, dammit. Vote.