• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

#walkaway

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
A very up-front, detailed, and intimate story about this lady's political journey:

Is there a movement like this in the other direction- from right to left- with similarly up-front, detailed, and intimate stories to go with them?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never really left the left, even though they don't want me. I am a party and ideology of one.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=why+i+left+the+republican+party this pops up a few things. I think because most assume people are inherently left, this walk away movement gets a lot of momentum, but it seems obvious that people leave the republican party as well.
Hey thanks, I watched a dozen or so of those videos. Searched a bit of the #gopexit for more. I was surprised how many planned to return to the Republican Party in 2024 after Trump/Biden('s first term) were over. All the videos were very Trump-centric. Most of the #walkaway (from the Democratic Party) videos were very unimpressive to me too- most of them are very religion-centric, but I was extremely impressed with the one I posted here. Any video, from any person, with any political leaning that is similar in form and substance to that one is something I'd love to watch- measured, articulate, personal, spanning years, calm, reasoned, independent conclusions- that kind of thing is my bread and butter. I get very turned off, left or right, when I hear people speak in ways that seem copied or preprogrammed. Honest individualism always gets through to me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I never really left the left, even though they don't want me. I am a party and ideology of one.

But what about someone proclaiming love for honest individualism yet returning to the fold of the right wing sheep in the same breath? That has to mean....something right? It could be the inability to think outside of a very narrow, fear fueled ideology, it could be lead poisoning. I don't know.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But what about someone proclaiming love for honest individualism yet returning to the fold of the right wing sheep in the same breath? That has to mean....something right? It could be the inability to think outside of a very narrow, fear fueled ideology, it could be lead poisoning. I don't know.

Must be the lead

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Must be the lead
She's just mad someone responded to my thread.

Lead was only banned from potable water fittings like 10-20 years ago, so any pipe in the ground that's older than that is full of it. It became a problem in flint because the water they pumped through it happened to be more acidic than usual, but make no mistake it's the same shitty old plumbing underneath every city. Unless you have a private well, I wouldn't trust it, and would have the water tested. Health department does it for like 20 bucks.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Hey, I was a liberal back when it promoted individuality and diversity of thought (bush admin)- it's not my fault nut jobs took over your party with identity politics, the exact opposite of that. If you think people on the right are bigger sheep than people on the left, I'd be happy to crush you in that debate any day.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, I was a liberal back when it promoted individuality and diversity of thought (bush admin)- it's not my fault nut jobs took over your party with identity politics, the exact opposite of that. If you think people on the right are bigger sheep than people on the left, I'd be happy to crush you in that debate any day.

I dunno, I think if they weren't sheep, the upper echelons of the GOP wouldn't be all up in our house with disease.

Jaguar

I can't listen to people who sound like that. She got the axe in less than 30 seconds. Torture.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why does it always have to be about moving left to right?

I get the sentiment of being frustrated with one's own party or "team", but it does seem fishy to me that almost all of these 'walkaway' testimonials involve people seeing the light of the right. Which just makes me wonder if they were all that far to the left to begin with. I think if enough real left wingers walked away, they'd likely just form a new left wing political party before they'd consider flocking to Trump.

These are just moderates who saw one too many Q videos, or got fed up with wokeism, me thinks.

Lark

Why does it always have to be about moving left to right?

I get the sentiment of being frustrated with one's own party or "team", but it does seem fishy to me that almost all of these 'walkaway' testimonials involve people seeing the light of the right. Which just makes me wonder if they were all that far to the left to begin with. I think if enough real left wingers walked away, they'd likely just form a new left wing political party before they'd consider flocking to Trump.

These are just moderates who saw one too many Q videos, or got fed up with wokeism, me thinks.

I also think the fact that its even called a "testimonial" is a good indication of where the idea is borrowed from, ie its evangelicalism, again, ugly, ugly evangelicalism.

People "born again" conservatives after being "prodigals" in the liberal camp etc. etc.

Its even why liberal totalitarianism has the whole "woke" idea and is just as demanding in its expectations of likemindedness in its followers and uniform opinions with out any skepticism, doubt or rethinks.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I'm not really a fan of wokescolding. People don't like finger-wagging, especially if you use elaborate terminology that they really aren't familiar with. It's unclear to me what kind of change it's actually supposed to create; to me it seems more like a way of building group cohesion among those who make the right kinds of performative gestures. I think it's pretty cringe when they call someone out on something and then refuse to actually defend their ideas.

I think it started getting really bad in the last two years of the Obama administration. I think it had to do with the fact that the House and Senate was controlled by the Republicans, so nothing could actually get done. This meant that people who have politics as the core feature of their identity needed something else to occupy their time. Hence, a loud, dogmatic approach to social issues.

I'm criticizing it here not because I think social issues are things that should be ignored or unimportant, but I think that attitude actually had a role in getting Donald Trump elected President. To be clear, the blame does not only lie at their feet.

BTW, I vaguely remember that things seemed somewhat similar in the last two years of the Clinton administration. But I'm too young to know for certain.

In any case, a strong emphasis on social issues that are only ever dealt with through performative "symbolic" gestures with frequent "call outs" of those perceived to be on the wrong side of whatever is trending at the moment, coupled with a refusal to actually defend positions in conversation is not something I'm fond of. 2015 really seemed the high watermark for that.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Quite a few of these walkaway people have libertarian leanings. If you watch dozens of them, like I have, you start to see similarities. You'll hear tales of being bullied, their aversion to incivility and name-calling, and their utter surprise when they learn that Democrats are much meaner people than everyone else.

These are people who are taking a closer look at policies for the very first time in their lives and they're truly waking up. Watch several of Karlyn Borysenko's videos; she's a former Democrat who walked away because her friends in the knitting community were being bullied by SJWs.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quite a few of these walkaway people have libertarian leanings. If you watch dozens of them, like I have, you start to see similarities. You'll hear tales of being bullied, their aversion to incivility and name-calling, and their utter surprise when they learn that Democrats are much meaner people than everyone else.

These are people who are taking a closer look at policies for the very first time in their lives and they're truly waking up. Watch several of Karlyn Borysenko's videos; she's a former Democrat who walked away because her friends in the knitting community were being bullied by SJWs.

I’ve seen some of her videos on bullying. Very helpful

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not really a fan of wokescolding. People don't like finger-wagging, especially if you use elaborate terminology that they really aren't familiar with. It's unclear to me what kind of change it's actually supposed to create; to me it seems more like a way of building group cohesion among those who make the right kinds of performative gestures. I think it's pretty cringe when they call someone out on something and then refuse to actually defend their ideas.

I think it started getting really bad in the last two years of the Obama administration. I think it had to do with the fact that the House and Senate was controlled by the Republicans, so nothing could actually get done. This meant that people who have politics as the core feature of their identity needed something else to occupy their time. Hence, a loud, dogmatic approach to social issues.

I'm criticizing it here not because I think social issues are things that should be ignored or unimportant, but I think that attitude actually had a role in getting Donald Trump elected President. To be clear, the blame does not only lie at their feet.

BTW, I vaguely remember that things seemed somewhat similar in the last two years of the Clinton administration. But I'm too young to know for certain.

In any case, a strong emphasis on social issues that are only ever dealt with through performative "symbolic" gestures with frequent "call outs" of those perceived to be on the wrong side of whatever is trending at the moment, coupled with a refusal to actually defend positions in conversation is not something I'm fond of. 2015 really seemed the high watermark for that.

I absolutely think this led a lot of people for Trump. I know many many individuals here said they weren't really voting for Trump, they were voting against that sort of thing because those people heavily aligned themselves with everything democrat and DNC. Sadly because the MSM shoves THOSE types of people in your face as the image, it gets forgotten that most are actually...not like the wokeist people.

Speaking of people within the college I went to during the 2016 elections. Another good hunk merely chose not to vote because they felt it didn't matter either way it went. Kinda difficult to see so many people "not voting" for a person or choosing to merely opt out rather than try to find a solution but I also see the frustration.

I think people may find Biden less compromising, most of them did like Obama, so I figure they aren't going to vote not to vote for Biden the way things went last time. I think that's why Trump will lose. Now people are voting for Biden not to vote for Biden but to "not vote Trump."

I'd like to get us back to a point we're voting on a person and their policy, not against something else regardless of what the other side states.