• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What will you do if Trump (Or Biden) wins this November?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was wondering what you guys have considered doing, if and when the opposing party takes power in Novemver?

Have you considered emigration?
Are you prepared for any possibility of violence and escalation in your area?
Are you planning on rioting?

Personally for me, my family is already planning on emigrating out of Stateside USA, if Biden wins. Who knows for how long.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel a bit trapped. I don't know where I could go. There is an academic program near me with a professor who really likes me and may support a career for me, so this is the only place I have any leg up.

I will not participate in violence. I have always dreamed of living deep in the forest, so might pursue that, although not if I try to do the academic program in the short term. Also, I now have a fear that I'd be safe 99% of the time out in the woods until some weird militia people found me and then it would be over. It doesn't feel like any place is safe. I'm scared for the future actually. I wish I had an underground bunker in the woods that no one could see.

This might sound terrible, but I don't plan to fight back during the heated times, but wait until it is more quiet. I want to hide when things are most violent and crazy and then escape or fight when it gets quieter. It is a wild animal strategy.

Lark

I think its mad that people in the US have gotten to the point where they consider leaving the country on the basis of an election result, its definitely not what the founding fathers had planned at all and even some of the later, great, presidents.

The break with consensus politics in the eighties to extend the lifespan of some politicians flagging career prospects has had real bad consequences in both the US and UK, the whole of the english speaking world pretty much.

Although, I was going to post that I dont expect it to make much difference to me, also that I dont expect it to make much difference in the US actually. A lot of the hype about this, whether its politicians, pundits, newspapers, paramilitaries (that's what they are) or just people online is like the old fascist "strategy of tension", fascist and fascistic types need constant stimulation, constant mobilization, constant alarmism, dialing back the tensions totally defeats them. So its a good idea not to feed into that.

All these elements depend on their totally engineered crisis situations being believed or proving triggering in order for them to have the oxygene of attention they depend upon to survive. Just dont provide them with it all the time and see what happens. If there's one country on the planet least likely to collapse its the US. Seriously.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel a bit trapped. I don't know where I could go. There is an academic program near me with a professor who really likes me and may support a career for me, so this is the only place I have any leg up.

I will not participate in violence. I have always dreamed of living deep in the forest, so might pursue that, although not if I try to do the academic program in the short term. Also, I now have a fear that I'd be safe 99% of the time out in the woods until some weird militia people found me and then it would be over. It doesn't feel like any place is safe. I'm scared for the future actually. I wish I had an underground bunker in the woods that no one could see.

This might sound terrible, but I don't plan to fight back during the heated times, but wait until it is more quiet. I want to hide when things are most violent and crazy and then escape or fight when it gets quieter. It is a wild animal strategy.

I don't think this is an unnatural response at all. Thats kinda my family's plan too. Hide out on a small island till this all blows over. Hunkering down is all you can do if you don't have the means or flexibility to leave.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I don't think this is an unnatural response at all. Thats kinda my family's plan too. Hide out on a small island till this all blows over. Hunkering down is all you can do if you don't have the means or flexibility to leave.

How will y'all determine which of your toys to take with you, versus leave behind?

Lark

I doubt thinks would become as violent as all that.

Personally, I dont think things are liable to ever get so bad that the US will see mass emigration or population displacement. That people are thinking about it could perhaps be some moment to reconsider all the anti-immigration or anti-refugee propaganda. Like if anyone wants to treat it as a teachable moment like that, though I honestly dont believe that any US president, no matter how crazy, is likely to commit the sort of wreckage domestically that, for instance, someone like Assad has in his country.

I also think that the kind of Assad level of devastation is about the only thing that would ever motivate me to take flight, if even then, the Irish have been an emigrating people for much of their history and there's a virtual global Irish diaspora over time but for all the people who did "go a roving" there were always those that remained "at home", however difficult that made things for them (and sometimes it did mean barely surviving). Of those two traditions I'd say that I'd probably be part of the later.

Lark

I wonder what small island you have in mind? I mean it'd probably have to be english speaking probably?

Probably not Cuba :D

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I wonder what small island you have in mind? I mean it'd probably have to be english speaking probably?

I wonder how they'd expect to be treated as immigrants?:shrug:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How will y'all determine which of your toys to take with you, versus leave behind?

Personally, I'd probably sell everything. I am not very materialistic to begin with. I'd take a few things like my computer and some clothes.

American island territories, so I don't have to fully emigrate but still "leave" the USA. I don't mind learning another language either. Most territories have both English and native too.

Lark

I do think that's a fair question, I'm not sure where would be happy for an influx of Americans, the personal wealth they could bring with them would be an enticement to the UK, as they have been virtually over run by the Russians on that basis.

On the other hand I'm not sure that Merrie England would want a lot of people who're used to owning their own firearms or similar norms like that trying to influence their legal culture.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are US citz actually allowed to go somewhere else currently, under the COVID situation? Losing track...

I've heard Mexico is still available.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I live in Idaho and frankly all the violence is just a state away so I am quite scared of what appears to be a certain civil war no matter who wins. One side is gonna say the other side cheated them no matter what because no one is telling the general public the REAL truth anymore. I find it depressing, at the same time, it makes me want to do more to fix what is here. We have a country that allows so much freedom. Why would we want to destroy all of that? Why not fix the pieces that are broken and then work with the common goodness we have? Why don't everyone realize we all want to see positive change, we just have somewhat different ideas of doing it? Only when we unite can we really change the situation. So as long as we are this divided nothing good will come of it.

Lark

Personally, I'd probably sell everything. I am not very materialistic to begin with. I'd take a few things like my computer and some clothes.

American island territories, so I don't have to fully emigrate but still "leave" the USA. I don't mind learning another language either. Most territories have both English and native too.

It can be wise to travel light, I dont really know of the island territories you mention but then I'm not sure I'd have any reason to either.

It does not sound like something I would consider doing but good luck if you all decide its time to move house.

Lark

Are US citz actually allowed to go somewhere else currently, under the COVID situation? Losing track...

Good point. Not liable to be something a MAGA supporter will consider.

I mean either the COVID situation or Mexico.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'd fully expect to be treated as an outsider. Because I am one. I'm ot against working to assimilate either. Even if that means I have to dress more modestly and go to chuch.

I am also aware of th covid situation, and would take necessary precautions and quarantine myself. Since I would be most likely moving to an air force base area.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

In the case there is indeed serious mess in the US the classic "touristy measures" wouldn't really be fully in effect. Since people will be looking for political asylum and that is story on itself.

I do think that's a fair question, I'm not sure where would be happy for an influx of Americans, the personal wealth they could bring with them would be an enticement to the UK, as they have been virtually over run by the Russians on that basis.

On the other hand I'm not sure that Merrie England would want a lot of people who're used to owning their own firearms or similar norms like that trying to influence their legal culture.

Actually the whole eastern EU seems to be pretty serious about getting fairly large part of it's diaspora back due to the a number of political and economic reasons. Therefore if you have a contact with your heritage or just general European one they/we would take you. The equation is pretty simple actually: you sell everything you have and then move into a place where both income and prices are much lower. So that you become fairly rich instantly and to the point you can even buy a house if you didn't have one before (there is plenty of "spare ones" around). There is also free college so that you can just send all of your kids to the college, you get socialized medicine if you have that kinds of a problems. There is also no BLM or NRA around ...... therefore to be honest I've seen worse offers in my life. Actually we already have programs for "enthusiasts", so that they can come home after few generations.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If Trump gets re-elected, I would stay, but learn how to shoot. I'd like to be able to defend myself or my neighbors against militia types. Certainly, I don't expect the cops to do anything in this regard.

I"m not a person who quits things easily, for better or for worse.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't live in the US, but if Trump wins in 2020 it will affect my plans. Instead of going to the US to study, I will have to go to another English-speaking country (probably the UK).

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
If Trump wins I'm going to continue living my best life, but if Biden wins I'm going to continue living my best life.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’m just going to keep existing either way? I don’t expect anything too ‘crazy’ to break out in my region. If it did, I am more than capable of defending myself, but I seriously doubt it’ll even remotely come to that.

If (hopefully this doesn’t happen) Trump is re-elected— hey, he’d still be done for good after the next round. No Eternal Dictator President bs here, at least. Either way, everything will be a bit of a mess for awhile. I barely left home before all this. Not much will change for me, better or worse, I suppose. Hopefully. :shrug: