• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What will you do if Trump (Or Biden) wins this November?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Falcarius is not American so he does not care who wins and probably would not even if he was American, since it does not seem to make a blind bit of difference since both of the main candidates are essentially reactionary conservatives. It is all style over substance, protectionism v neoliberalism. There are no real great ideas from either Trump or Biden about rebuilding the economy nor do either seem to understand what it is like to downright poor.:shrug:

I understand you since both of those are too much to the right for my European taste. However when you scratch the surface and even some propaganda they aren't that similar in a number of ways. Which I consider relevant in the moment.

One of them fully accepts science behind COVID.
While the other has cut significantly the funds for environment protection agency.
One of them seems to have much more sane and educated view of global institutions.
One of them took part in creating Affordable care act and the other is trying to kill it for years.
One of them belongs to the party that in systematic fashion attacks female health related issues.
One of them openly claims climate change is a hoax.
One of them has more serious sexual misconduct accusations on his record.
One of them came from much more financially humble landscape/family.
One of them doesn't insult respected people every other day.
One of them has much more educated base, what is important on a number of ways.

Think this through, with who of the two would you rather be doing post Brexit trade deals.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you believe that the Nazi's in Germany weren't fundamentally different than those who fought against them in Germany?

No. They were driven by rabid hate. The right is worse. I just don’t think the left is all that enlightened either. I get peeved by anyone presuming to be more enlightened than anyone else. But I don’t think moderates or centrists are better. Worse, because they tend to let the right get away with murder. Also, sometimes it’s the moderates who are the worst about fooling themselves into thinking they’re more enlightened than their right and left leaning peers. But we’re all just irrational, emotion driven animals at heart. It’s just easier to pretend to be rational and stoic from a position of relative comfort and neutrality

Deprecator

I was wondering what you guys have considered doing, if and when the opposing party takes power in Novemver?
If Biden wins I doubt I'd "do" anything. I reckon I'd just go back to being disinterested in politics like I was during the Bush, Clinton and Obama years. When it was Obama versus McCain I couldn't think of two worse candidates, and Romney wasn't much better either. In fact they were both so awful that it's not surprising at all that they both voted against their party lines during senate votes, as if they were so jealous of Trump for achieving what they weren't able to do themselves, and so desperate for justification that they literally went out of their way cite other worldly spiritual entities. Trump was able to appeal to a significant portion of the population, "like me"-- those who had never voted before in an election and never cared much for politics before, and thus we weren't really accounted for in the polls. Honestly, when Obama was president I woulda been hard pressed to name his VP and you couldn't have paid me to watch the debates. So yeah, if Biden were to win I'll go back to being apathetic towards politics, in part because I feel like the American presidency would be a bit of a joke, having a leader who struggles to form coherent sentences and is basically a puppet who would be hard pressed to implement any real policy or change on his own. I'll still give credit where credit is due though--it must be said that the Democratic Party elders who resuscitated the political corpses of the Joe Biden and Kamala Harris presidential nomination candidacies have performed a political miracle by keeping this ramshackle imposture in serious contention.

If Trump were reelected it'd restore faith that people are able to act within their own self-interest, and are able to think and form their own conclusions outside of the orange-man bad blow horn propagated by 90% of the demedia. As a person who has long predicted Trump's reelection, it would also afford me the vindictive, "I told you so" moment. At the beginning of 2020 I thought it was Trump's election to lose and nothing short of a life-changing, catastrophic event would prevent him from winning. Well, that catastrophic event happened and now I'm less optimistic about Trump being reelected. In the eyes of the deranged left plagued by the incurable case of TDS, there is longer the slightest requirement for any evidence; any and all evils of nature or coincidence are the results of the malice, incompetence, or perversity of the incumbent administration. This was very apparent when Biden tried telling us during the DNC debates that the Obama administration (unlike the Trump administration) "didn't lock people up in cages", which even liberal websites like politifact listed as blatantly false. Similarly, it doesn't matter at all if the US outperformed several major European countries in terms of per capita Covid deaths; facts mean absolutely nothing to the left. Orange man is bad and as such, with an incredible feat of mental gymnastics and TDS, he's somehow directly responsible for all American Covid deaths.

Come December I hope the American people are able to recognize that president Trump, subjected to unprecedented harassment by unconstitutional attempts to rig and undo his election and a spurious impeachment, essentially eliminated unemployment and oil imports, reduced illegal immigration--a profound and intractable national scanda--by 90 percent, departed the insane Paris climate and Iran nuclear agreements, reduced almost all income taxes, vastly deregulated commerce, is reviving the concept of nuclear non-proliferation in respect of Iran and North Korea, has successfully renegotiated the country's principal trade arrangements, has recognized and gained international support for containment of the geopolitical challenge of China, is being nominated by leaders across the world for the Nobel peace prize, and has moved fearlessly against the tide of political correctness by supporting non-unionized schools, imposing some fairness standards on universities, and suppressing the national self-hate doctrine of critical race theory throughout the U.S. government. Now intuitively you'd think this track record would easily trump the campaign of a failed politician whose central premise revolves around "orange man bad", but for now I guess only time will tell.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If Trump wins it will be a very sad and disappointing day for me even though I don't live in America I think America deserves better than him. I'm not expert on politics nor am I a 200000 IQ super genius but even I can see the wool that Trump has over peoples eyes. You have to be pretty dense or petty (For the folks who vote for him just to spite other voters) to vote for him twice in a row. If Trump wins again expect America to become increasingly estranged and isolated on the world stage possibly losing superpower status, knock on effects on economy and living standards, long term ramifications of possible erosion of civil rights gains (Ive read some pretty disturbing stuff about LGBT and abortion rights for instance I'm no rabid lib but I see them as fundamental human rights no one should be made to feel like a freak or a monster for healthy love) and the snowball effects concern me like what will be next to go once Trumps admin starts dismantling LGBT rights they will start taking more and more and sooner or later 90% of the population has had their rights removed to some degree. In other words I envision Trump transforming America into a dysfunctional corrupt 2nd world state with 4 more years to go and this time he doesn't have to hold back for possible reliction.

Biden meanwhile isn't the perfect ideal guy but at least he listens to science and common sense, isn't trying to pander to reactionary dystopian stances, remove rights and freedoms enjoyed by many, accepts that things like corona and global warming are real problems, understands the value of simple goodwill and compromise both domestically and internationally, hasn't made any threats of violence to his own countrymen for protesting and doesn't have an intelligence level below that of a brain dead snail or emotional control below a rabid bat (Sorry braindead slug and rabid bat I didn't intend to insult ya comparing ya to the orange puff ;)).

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If Trump wins it will be a very sad and disappointing day for me even though I don't live in America I think America deserves better than him. I'm not expert on politics nor am I a 200000 IQ super genius but even I can see the wool that Trump has over peoples eyes. You have to be pretty dense or petty (For the folks who vote for him just to spite other voters) to vote for him twice in a row. If Trump wins again expect America to become increasingly estranged and isolated on the world stage possibly losing superpower status, knock on effects on economy and living standards, long term ramifications of possible erosion of civil rights gains (Ive read some pretty disturbing stuff about LGBT and abortion rights for instance I'm no rabid lib but I see them as fundamental human rights no one should be made to feel like a freak or a monster for healthy love) and the snowball effects concern me like what will be next to go once Trumps admin starts dismantling LGBT rights they will start taking more and more and sooner or later 90% of the population has had their rights removed to some degree. In other words I envision Trump transforming America into a dysfunctional corrupt 2nd world state with 4 more years to go and this time he doesn't have to hold back for possible reliction.

Biden meanwhile isn't the perfect ideal guy but at least he listens to science and common sense, isn't trying to pander to reactionary dystopian stances, remove rights and freedoms enjoyed by many, accepts that things like corona and global warming are real problems, understands the value of simple goodwill and compromise both domestically and internationally, hasn't made any threats of violence to his own countrymen for protesting and doesn't have an intelligence level below that of a brain dead snail or emotional control below a rabid bat (Sorry braindead slug and rabid bat I didn't intend to insult ya comparing ya to the orange puff ;)).

Another Non-American here and I fully agree with pretty much everything you said here.

Should he really get reelected I'd loose my remaining respects for the American people. The nation the world used to look up to, that I used to idealize and admire, is up to its neck in serious issues right now and the world is waiting to see which of the two wolfs inside its soul wins.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Another Non-American here and I fully agree with pretty much everything you said here.

Should he really get reelected I'd loose my remaining respects for the American people. The nation the world used to look up to, that I used to idealize and admire, is up to its neck in serious issues right now and the world is waiting to see which of the two wolfs inside its soul wins.

Well that is kinda the core problem, since with November all of this will not go away. With 2016 liberal America didn't end and Trump's base existed even before 2016, but in slightly different form. So 2020 is very unlikely to be some kind of a permanent victory for anybody. In my book their possibly only hope is that they start with gradual introduction of multiparty system, since that would scatter the tensions to some degree. Since otherwise current trend will indeed blow up the country. I mean they already have strong factions in both parties so now those factions simply have to become parties on their own. What would also allow states to find more locally adjust mix of the ideas in every state, the system is just too monolithic as it is now. Of course that they wouldn't do it but they really should in my opinion.

Bernie and Co: socio-demcratic, green
Warren and Co: liberals
Biden and Romney: pro-business party
Trump and MAGA: nationalist party
Libertarians

Perhaps there should be more parties but these are kinda closed wholes that can be turned into independent parties at current time. 5 legally balanced parties is enough for the start.