• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

China Uighurs: A model's video gives a rare glimpse inside internment

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I seen clips of them hauling them away by train the other day. Sad shit.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As I said a number of times: when you sum everything up modern China as institution is basically new Nazi Germany . Even if they are quite careful about not being seen in that way.
While in everything that has to do with personal freedoms their numbers are quite low and logic is focused on constant growth and expanding. What is textbook totalitarian approach.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
And it could so easily happen anywhere.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
And it could so easily happen anywhere.

Actually this kinds of stuff are happening more often that most people think.
On large scale political level it isn't ultra common but on smaller scales and once you take 3 steps away from "civilization" it really isn't that rare.

Regarding the topic my local ex Communist government also used to do stuff like this regarding various religious groups and people who they saw simply as "problematic". There are even stories that they send journalist to prison for a few weeks/months before giving them a job. So that they don't write "shit".

The Cat

Staff member
Actually this kinds of stuff are happening more often that most people think.
On large scale political level it isn't ultra common but on smaller scales and once you take 3 steps away from "civilization" it really isn't that rare.

Regarding the topic my local ex Communist government also used to do stuff like this regarding various religious groups and people who they saw simply as "problematic". There are even stories that they send journalist to prison for a few weeks/months before giving them a job. So that they don't write "shit".

Sadly all to true and that's just the statistics they know of to report

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Sadly all to true and that's just the statistics they know of to report

That is kinda exactly my point, every widely present problem can only be presented as statistics in the end (if you want to count all elements of a problem).

The Cat

Staff member
That is kinda exactly my point, every widely present problem can only be presented as statistics in the end (if you want to count all elements of a problem).

Perhaps, though that's not exactly my point. The statistics of tragedy is like splitting hairs on a corpse.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Perhaps, though that's not exactly my point. The statistics of tragedy is like splitting hairs on a corpse.

It isn't if it makes something happen about it. What is generally hard or unlikely until you have a defined problem, what is hard without some form of statistics.
The problem is usually in the people that are blocking solutions, not the statistics itself.

The Cat

Staff member
It isn't if it makes something happen about it. What is generally hard or unlikely until you have a defined problem, what is hard without some form of statistics.
The problem is usually in the people that are blocking solutions, not the statistics itself.

There's rarely ever just one problem.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
There's rarely ever just one problem.

Fine, replace that "problem" with "problems". It doesn't change the point.
Math simply allows you to see the big picture more correctly. This is exactly why it is important to get the numbers right (or at least generally right). Since the numbers are generally the best first proof that there is a problem in the big picture and that these aren't random incidents. Plus they make it easier to make focused and educated response to the problem.

The Cat

Staff member
Fine, replace that "problem" with "problems". It doesn't change the point.
Math simply allows you to see the big picture more correctly. This is exactly why it is important to get the numbers right (or at least generally right). Since the numbers are generally the best first proof that there is a problem in the big picture and that these aren't random incidents. Plus they make it easier to make focused and educated response to the problem.

Do you think we're arguing or something? :unsure:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok good. :) Because I tend to find your observations on these things rather insightful...

Well, many mistake my "intensity" for hostility. :)

Anyway ...
Back to the topic with something fresh.

'Five Eyes alliance' slams postponement of Hong Kong polls

Let's be honest, this is probably open start of new cold war. However this is just a formal spat that represents very deep and profound tensions/disagreement between the west and the east.

The Cat

Staff member