• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Culture and face coverings

Lark

I've been thinking about how wearing face coverings did not prompt the acrimony and protest in Asia that it did in the US and UK, didnt they have a pre-existing culture of face coverings and surgical masks in those countries already?

Why was that? Do you think that SARS and other outbreaks prompted that or is it the density of the population?

Or could it be something even older than that to do with modesty? I have heard there is something called a "small mouth" taboo in some Asian countries in which women do not open their mouths too wide in order to eat, say burgers, and some chains even introduced a kind of burger wrap that would conceal the user's mouth when eating a burger.

Finally, are we all not missing out on the greatest opportunity ever to wear cosplay everyday and be the AD&D Rogue of our dreams in day to day life? Where do you get those Rogue like masks of awesomeness? Where could ninja masks be sourced at short notice? :happy2::happy2::happy2:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I've been thinking about how wearing face coverings did not prompt the acrimony and protest in Asia that it did in the US and UK, didnt they have a pre-existing culture of face coverings and surgical masks in those countries already?

Why was that? Do you think that SARS and other outbreaks prompted that or is it the density of the population?

Or could it be something even older than that to do with modesty? I have heard there is something called a "small mouth" taboo in some Asian countries in which women do not open their mouths too wide in order to eat, say burgers, and some chains even introduced a kind of burger wrap that would conceal the user's mouth when eating a burger.

Finally, are we all not missing out on the greatest opportunity ever to wear cosplay everyday and be the AD&D Rogue of our dreams in day to day life? Where do you get those Rogue like masks of awesomeness? Where could ninja masks be sourced at short notice? :happy2::happy2::happy2:

Other outbreaks helped here as well as authority of the government(s). However have you seen their smog on bad day ?

Etc.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably has to do with Asian countries being packed full of people, and smog. It came about more naturally.

USA is very spacious for the most part, and we have a culture that is rebellious by nature. Lots of pride and arrogance.

I also seen a video that your language also affects how much air you expend at different speeds (spreading germs), and English being among the worst, while Japanese being among the least spreading.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Yeah I could see Asian countries doing this. But if you have been to South Korea or Thailand, it's very easy to see why masks are needed. Of course most Americans have never been and would never consider going so they will remain the world's most ignorant people.

Incidentally they (Japanese) are also obsessed with using a toilet, which is why they are winning the toilet game beyond imagination. We have a Japanese toilet in our master bath, it is so quiet no one knows you're using it. Which is the point as far as the Japanese are concerned. The bidet and warm air to dry your butt are also nice features. Will be especially nice when the toilet paper shortages return.