User Tag List

12 Last

Default Will regular humans of the future be any kind of match for super soldiers?

Watching TV shows like Hanna and Treadstone, and knowing their source material or even more exotic source material like Winter Soldier or Captain America (not mentioning the comic series Uber as those are more like Kryptonian Supermen than super soldiers), do you think that any sort of civil resistance is becoming less and less possible?

Like even if there was a will to fight there would unlikely be any prospect what so ever for the average being a match for the super soldiers or super agents and assets?

If this is the case what do you think the craic is for civil authority and democracy? Is the standing army and special forces or assets in the final instance a threat to the very social order or persons they are supposed to serve?

The time will tell.
    However if you are super *anything* that kinda implies that you are not too numerous or require plenty of specialized infrastructure. At least on the short run.

While in this country when we stared our last and pro-democracy revolution the backbone of our "force" was actually local law enforcement and deserters. Therefore I think that this equation may not be as simple as you present it to be. Since the strongest weapons in any war are changes in allegiances, especially unexpected ones. Actually the Terminator movies would be kinda lame if this wasn't the case.
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Wouldn't the point of a super soldier be designed to outmatch any human? There is the question on ganging up on one, but otherwise I suspect a normal human would not be able to win in a conflict. Perhaps the ability to behave erratically and think irrationally could confuse one. Probably not. IDK

Circus life under the big top world
    We all need the clowns to make us smile
    Through space and time, always another show
    Wondering where I am, lost without you

Rising of the dick hero Dareyth's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    459 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I doubt the science of possibility on the creation of a supersoldier. Do you mean eugenics kind, or transhumanist kind?

If the technology existed to create such things, they wouldn't remain exclusive for long.

Also, despite what the movies make it look like. Numbers will most definately beat a Supersoldier. They would also almost exclusively be used for assassination. Think of James Bond as a realistic example of a normal human doing what a supersoldier would do.
    The beginning of the end is beginning.

The human tl;dr Tactical Turtleneck's Avatar
    MBTI
    STOO
    Enneagram
    PID
    Socionics
    ITY

I think we'll see mech suits and stuff like that eventually, which should bring the human soldiers up to a competitive level with super soldiers and terminators.

And cybernetic implants will become a reality in human soldiers as the technology advances and can be implemented more safely and cheaply. Who knows, soldiers and spies might even be implanted with some "self-destruct" suicide feature that automatically takes effect if captured or compromised. Shudder..

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Ed Powell View Post
    I think we'll see mech suits and stuff like that eventually, which should bring the human soldiers up to a competitive level with super soldiers and terminators.

And cybernetic implants will become a reality in human soldiers as the technology advances and can be implemented more safely and cheaply. Who knows, soldiers and spies might even be implanted with some "self-destruct" suicide feature that automatically takes effect if captured or compromised. Shudder..

Well, if that happens that basically only means that in the future all professional weapons will be on the level that is today known as anti-tank weapons (or something completely new eventually). Our reality just doesn't work in a way that you can be invincible, since for everything there is counter-measure if you can figure it out on time.

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Well, if that happens that basically only means that in the future all professional weapons will be on the level that is today known as anti-tank weapons (or something completely new eventually). Our reality just doesn't work in a way that you can be invincible, since for everything there is counter-measure if you can figure it out on time.

The last part is on point. Nature always finds a way to recalibrate, adapt, and find Equilibrium. Countermeasures will surely be made. Invincibility is not an option.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

There is a Robo Cop statue in Detroit (MI Science Center museum). It's the first thing I thought of when I read the OP.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Wild prediction but future wars won't require boots to the ground so soldiers won't be necessary and AI will take care of law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    Wild prediction but future wars won't require boots to the ground so soldiers won't be necessary and AI will take care of law enforcement.

That will be the case until the computer virus hits the system or well placed missile the power supply in center of operations.