• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Micro-trends and other contexts?

Lark

Do you think that microtrends, such as people choosing digital subscription services rather than owning DVDs, CDs, books, other physical product, will ever constitute habits or trending lifestyles in other contexts? Could you see personal possession of individual or family transport transcended by the easy availability of social transport? Such as small slower moving driverless cars or transport pods?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- - - Updated - - -

Do you think that microtrends, such as people choosing digital subscription services rather than owning DVDs, CDs, books, other physical product, will ever constitute habits or trending lifestyles in other contexts? Could you see personal possession of individual or family transport transcended by the easy availability of social transport? Such as small slower moving driverless cars or transport pods?

You mean, transferring away from individual ownership to some sort of temporary use?

With regards to real estate, this is basically rent, no?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I personally think it's a scam. When I purchase something, I wish to own it and use it as I please. It should be illegal for companies to ban or otherwise harm people who bought their products and did what they wanted with it.

Anyone remember the guy who reprogramed his ps3 to play xbox games and was sued and lost, despite owning everything involved? Yeah, that shit is wrong. Far too many monopolies, and legal bullshit involved with digital media. There also needs to be strict enforcement of false advertising, when they employ censorship on a supposed public "free platform" when they are actually a private publishing platform. Instead of being exempt from a government's constitution or laws. This is why I support pirating and other theft from digital media giants. Paying for it one time, should be enough to watch it or play it indefinately.