• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Murder of George Floyd & Subsequent Protests/Riots

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you having fun beating up yet another one of your straw men?

It would be a straw man if you didn't post an article lamenting defunding the police as an attempt to prove why government is bad. Isn't the premise of that article that reducing the power of the government (through the police) is bad because it creates more crime? Please explain to me how the police are not part of the government. It seems odd to consider yourself anti-government or "small government" but support the most coercive part of the government (the part that you know, is actually authorized to use deadly force).

If it were real libertarianism and not libertarian fascism, conservatives wouldn't be opposed to defunding the police. There's a dude here who is opposed to lockdowns for public health for they infringe on freedom but probably doesn't support the 4th amendment. I believe I remember him saying something to the effect of the fact that he would be happy if the police executed criminals on sight. This is a guy that unironically calls himself a libertarianism.

The idea of sacrifices to Yog-Sothoth is admittedly far-fetched, but it certainly at least makes the ideology of libertarian fascism intelligible. It explains both the opposition to lockdowns and the fetishization of the police and military.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Corpses have recourse. Who knew? Look out dirty coppers!
Surely you can't be that ignorant. I doubt I need to spell out for anyone here the recourse available in cases of wrongful death, and how they are different when the culprit is an official accountable to the public vs. a corporation or corporate leader accountable primarily to stockholders.

Jaguar

Surely you can't be that ignorant. I doubt I need to spell out for anyone here the recourse available in cases of wrongful death, and how they are different when the culprit is an official accountable to the public vs. a corporation or corporate leader accountable primarily to stockholders.

Funny.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
It would be a straw man if you didn't post an article lamenting defunding the police as an attempt to prove why government is bad. Isn't the premise of that article that reducing the power of the government (through the police) is bad because it creates more crime? Please explain to me how the police are not part of the government. It seems odd to consider yourself anti-government or "small government" but support the most coercive part of the government (the part that you know, is actually authorized to use deadly force). If it were real libertarianism and not libertarian fascism, conservatives wouldn't be opposed to defunding the police. There's a dude here who is opposed to lockdowns for public health for they infringe on freedom but probably doesn't support the 4th amendment. I believe I remember him saying something to the effect of the fact that he would be happy if the police executed criminals on sight. This is a guy that unironically calls himself a libertarianism. The idea of sacrifices to Yog-Sothoth is admittedly far-fetched, but it certainly at least makes the ideology of libertarian fascism intelligible. It explains both the opposition to lockdowns and the fetishization of the police and military.
The article and the post were only related by virtue of the fact that I didn't want to post twice in a row.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
While I am waiting, I will have corporations betray my trust and intrude in my life in many other ways, and I will have much less recourse than I have with the bad cop. "Market forces" are supposed to keep companies on the straight and narrow. We have all seen how well that works.

Well, we'll see how much faith in the cops remain after half the country can't pay rent or a mortgage after July 31. Currently that's sitting at 33% and all stimulus/bailout/unemployment ends on that day. For you or me, of course. Not for the stock market, large corporations, the wealthy or the Catholic church apparently - that's all been socialized.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Anybody who trusts the government and still lives under the fantasy that they are "beholden to the people" and can just "vote them out" hasn't seen the 2020 presidential lineup.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, we'll see how much faith in the cops remain after half the country can't pay rent or a mortgage after July 31. Currently that's sitting at 33% and all stimulus/bailout/unemployment ends on that day. For you or me, of course. Not for the stock market, large corporations, the wealthy or the Catholic church apparently - that's all been socialized.

I have seen this.
However is it possible in US to make emergency law that would place these payments on hold ? (will they do it is another pair of shoes)
I mean that is the obvious antidote.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have seen this.
However is it possible in US to make emergency law that would place these payments on hold ? (will they do it is another pair of shoes)
I mean that is the obvious antidote.

Possible? Yes of course it's possible. Will it be considered by this administration? Of course not.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Possible? Yes of course it's possible. Will it be considered by this administration? Of course not.

I mean it is anti-market measure so maybe that is "forbidden" by constitution or something. However if it isn't you have a shot.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Ive been working throughout the pandemic and have a nice down payment for a house saved up, just waiting now on a bevy of preapproval requests to go through with various lenders. If the bail outs end at the end of this month, how many more months do you think it will take for the foreclosures and evictions to take place before the coronavirus property boom hits the market?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Spreading disease to all of those you encounter . . .
I work with things, not people. The silver lining of COVID for my profession has been the excuse to keep them from hovering over my shoulder distracting me while I do it.

Plus I'm not an anti-masker. It's bad for business.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did people just start quoting other people but replying to the wrong posts or something? So confused right now.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Police Knew Far-Right Extremists Were the Real Threat at George Floyd Protests, not “Antifa”

Among the steady stream of threats from the far-right were repeated encounters between law enforcement and heavily armed adherents of the so-called boogaloo movement, which welcomes armed confrontation with cops as means to trigger civil war. With much of the U.S. policing apparatus on the hunt for antifa instigators, those violent aspirations appear to have materialized in a string of targeted attacks in California that left a federal protective services officer and a sheriff’s deputy dead and several other law enforcement officials wounded.

:coffee:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Leftists have always been angry and intolerant and when given any power at all, they'll start building re-education centers, gulags, and concentration camps and start rounding people up. These are irrational people, taught to hate dissent and to never question leftist orthodoxy. The age of the fundie-lefty is upon us.