• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Murder of George Floyd & Subsequent Protests/Riots

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
101296838_2778980999038266_6321067845295800320_n.jpg

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is one of my biggest irritants. The police should NOT be militarized in any way shape or form. A cop is not supposed to be a soldier in any way shape or form.
Law enforcement agencies are inherently paramilitary organizations on some level or another. They wear uniforms, have ranks, carry guns, and are expected to use force within certain parameters. And that's not necessarily a problem if it's not allowed to expand into always acting like your community is an actual war zone.*

*Of course there are particular situations where a community can be something analogous to a war zone (mass shootings, terrorist attacks, natural disasters, etc.) and it makes sense to be prepared for those, just not to the point of acting like they're an everyday occurrence.[/disclaimer]

Lark

I think the rioting the Minneapolis is one of the first times I've seen it pretty much confirmed that there are people out engaging in vandalism who are not protesters but scamming insurance, imagine they are part of some sort vast right wing conspiracy etc. etc.

The videos are out there, I wonder how long that will remain a thing if people can capture it on video as they did. Same goes for cops killing a guy.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Link in post above:
"Some of the protests have been peaceful while others turned destructive. Here are the cities where people gathered:

California: Los Angeles, Bakersfield, Sacramento, San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco

Colorado: Denver

Georgia: Atlanta

Illinois: Chicago

Iowa: Des Moines

Indiana: Indianapolis, Fort Wayne

Kentucky: Louisville (Related to the death of Breonna Taylor), Bowling Green

Louisiana: New Orleans

Nebraska: Lincoln

New York: New York City

Massachusetts: Boston

Michigan: Detroit

Minnesota: Minneapolis

Missouri: Kansas City

Nevada: Las Vegas

North Carolina: Charlotte

Ohio: Columbus, Cincinnati, Canton

Oregon: Portland

Texas: Dallas, Houston

Virginia: Richmond

Washington: Seattle

Wisconsin: Milwaukee

Washington, DC"

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
America is so great right now, lol.

Probably.
But to fair this isn't just the blame of Trump: Whole Administration has a part to play, Democracts were a bad opposition that was more drama than argument based in many situations, the role of China isn't fully clear at this point, local culture being unprepared for this also has a part ..... everything that could have failed pretty much failed.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably.
But to fair this isn't just the blame of Trump: Whole Administration has a part to play, Democracts were a bad opposition that was more drama than argument based in many situations, the role of China isn't fully clear at this point, local culture being unprepared for this also has a part ..... everything that could have failed pretty much failed.

Oh, police brutality isn't something Trump created or caused; don't get me wrong. I just think it's funny that under the watch of the guy who was supposed to make this country great again (as if that ship hasn't already sailed), things are the worst they've ever been in my lifetime. To be fair, not all of it is his fault.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Oh, police brutality isn't something Trump created or caused; don't get me wrong. I just think it's funny that under the watch of the guy who was supposed to make this country great again (as if that ship hasn't already sailed), things are the worst they've ever been in my lifetime. To be fair, not all of it is his fault.

Well yes, that is kinda ironic.
However that often ends like this, when reactivity completely overshadows logic and competency in order to restore "whatever" into the the former glory. If in rage you are going to hit every wall the odds are that you will not get far. World history is full of that.

Jaguar

I'm referring to national news, not local news (you live in Chicago?)

I lived there for years, two different times, and Mayor Lori Lightfoot has a message for Donnie:

“I will code what I really want to say to Donald Trump It begins with F and ends with you.”

White people don't have the brotherhood mentality, and view others of the same race as strangers.

So you've never seen Chris Cuomo refer to "my brothers" or "my brothers and sisters" live on CNN? He says it all the time. White players in team sports say it frequently. You need to get out more, kiddo. There's a whole world out there which you don't seem to know much about.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How the U.S built the world's largest immigrant detention system

The videos in particular are extremely informative, and does not skimp on mentioning how the Clinton and Obama administrations contributed to this situation.

The people held in prison-like facilities across the country are not serving time for a crime. They’re waiting for a hearing to determine whether they can legally remain in the country while being kept in what is considered “civil detention”, intended to ensure that people show up for those hearings. Detention, once reserved only for those who threatened public safety or posed a flight risk, is now ubiquitous.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Remember once upon a time some people thought Ashton Kutcher ruined the trucker hat? :happy2:

Vaguely. I remember moore when he was married to Demi Moore, which is funny because if the genders were reversed, nobody would have said anything about the 15 year age difference. Like, Harrison Ford is more than 20 years older than Calista Flockhart but I didn't hear nearly as much about that.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Vaguely. I remember moore when he was dating Demi Moore, which is funny because if the genders were reversed, nobody would have said anything about the age difference.

I dont remember an age difference controversy. I only remember a seething envy. :thinking:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
In my opinion the George Floyd uproar is way out of hand. People are combating a lack of empathy with more lack of empathy, taking things out on people who didn't commit the crimes, or just affecting them as a consequence of inconsiderate and barbaric actions that weren't thought through. That one guy's life's work went up in flames. Cops who don't agree with the crimes committed are being punished for them. I'm trying to have some faith in humanity but it doesn't seem it's going to happen. The condition of the heart is a plague itself, always spreading. One after another, peoples' hearts grow cold and it all just snowballs from there.