User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    And private citizens, who because of rumors of people coming here to riot, meeting in the mall parking lot, with guns.

And no rioters showed up.
    This is my takeaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    What happened in my town yesterday was peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters being spit on by pro-Trump confederate flag-waving morons. And private citizens, who because of rumors of people coming here to riot, meeting in the mall parking lot, with guns. I don't want some moron with a gun shooting innocent people because they're paranoid. Thankfully the cops here kept the PRO-Trump people who would have started fights from doing so and told the would-be vigilantes to step down. And no rioters showed up.
    There's a reason for this.

The FBI Finds ‘No Intel Indicating Antifa Involvement’ in Sunday’s Violence | The Nation

The FBI’s Washington Field Office “has no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence” in the violence that occurred on May 31 during the D.C.-area protests over the murder of George Floyd, according to an internal FBI situation report obtained exclusively by The Nation. That same day, President Donald Trump announced on Twitter that he would designate “Antifa” a terrorist organization, even though the government has no existing authority to declare a domestic group a terrorist organization, and antifa is not an organized group. Following the president’s tweet, Attorney General William Barr said in a statement, “The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.”

The FBI report, however, states that “based on CHS [Confidential Human Source] canvassing, open source/social media partner engagement, and liaison, FBI WFO has no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence.” The statement followed a list of violent acts like throwing bricks at police and the discovery of a backpack containing explosive materials, which were flagged by the FBI under a “Key Updates” section of the report. The FBI has been issuing such reports daily since the weekend, according to a Bureau source, who added that none of these documents contained any evidence of Antifa violence.

Antifa, short for “anti-fascist,” is a type of militant anti-racist, anti-nationalist organizing that does not rely on the justice system to confront the far right. Groups associated with antifa have destroyed property and committed violence in the past, but the fact that the FBI’s situation reports cannot find any evidence of such involvement now suggests that fears about such groups may be exaggerated.

The report did warn that individuals from a far-right social media group had “called for far-right provocateurs to attack federal agents, use automatic weapons against protesters.” (The Nation is withholding the name of the group in order to not disrupt any potential law enforcement investigations.)
    Likes Powehi, Jazzy Orchid liked this post

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    This is my takeaway.
    lol if rioters had been on the way, as per the rumor, the buses they would have been on wouldn't have turned back, I'm sure. The rumor was because rioting happened in a different town in my state. It was a fear-mongering rumor. And I don't want paranoid trigger-happy people "protecting" my town. Whether they are cops or private citizens.
    нєισтяσριc

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    yes, it's clear you are virtue signalling.

yes, it's clear that you are jargon regurgitaitng.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I can't stand to quote the horrific video earlier in the thread about the man trying to defend his shop with a sword getting beaten, but hope for some comfort to know that googling the incident says that he did get to the hospital and was stabilized. I hope this information is correct.

I know many people have died and suffered permanent injuries, but I wanted to include this information because it helps to know he got help.

Edit: Attacks of that nature are attempted murder and should be prosecuted as such.

Circus life under the big top world, we all need the clowns to make us smile
    Through space and time always another show, wondering where I am. I'm lost without you. Journey
    Likes Jazzy Orchid, Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

RVA had peaceful protests last night. Most of the protesters have been peaceful in general. On the first night they were peaceful, then police starting lobbing tear gas into the crowds (which the mayor argues was against those officers' orders). Some are alleging that instances of destruction and vandalism in recent days were caused by unsanctioned infiltrators.
    Give me clarity
    Likes Powehi liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I've been seeing a lot of graphic footage about the injuries incurred from these rubber bullets. Those should be eliminated. They are enormous in size -the fill an entire hand and they are leaving people with permanent brutal scars. They are not a non-violent deterrent. It seriously needs to stop.

Circus life under the big top world, we all need the clowns to make us smile
    Through space and time always another show, wondering where I am. I'm lost without you. Journey

I'm absolutely disgusted by the behaviors circling around this. First of all, Black people act like they aren't racist as fuck but there are certain areas white people can't go without being shot, raped, etc. just for being white. I've heard more racism come out of the mouths of Black people than I've ever heard Whites say about Blacks...and by that I mean I hear it come from Blacks constantly and I don't even hear Whites saying shit in private much less openly. Hell, white people couldn't even participate in an entire genre of music until Eminem came along and fought an uphill battle against that...if whites did to blacks what blacks did to white in this there would be a huge uproar. Now, to stand up against racism against Blacks, people are doing all of these things to innocent people? If you're supporting this horse shit you should be ashamed of yourself. The only 'movement' taking place is society going further downhill. Human beings are acting like apes, nothing more...congratulations on achieving nothing positive and merely fueling more hatred.

Fucking hypocrites with this anti-racism bullshit while being racist as fuck themselves...
    PHOENIX
    “But the worst enemy you can meet will always be yourself. ... You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame: how could you become new, if you had not first become ashes?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
    Likes Jazzy Orchid, zarc, Maou liked this post

Society does pendulum swings when it pushes against imbalance. It doesn't stop when balance is achieved. Women's Rights becomes Women's Advantages, Racism against Blacks becomes racism against Whites. Why is it the only people you ever hear worrying about anyone's color is black people? Nobody else gives a fuck about it. In reality, most of the time black people are just using the "racism" card as a scapegoat (meaning it's not racism but they're blaming it on it anyway rather than identifying real causes accurately)and being so damn overly defensive about it that things literally reverse so that they are the ones being racist.

Yep, I said it.
    PHOENIX
    “But the worst enemy you can meet will always be yourself. ... You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame: how could you become new, if you had not first become ashes?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
    Likes Maou liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

I've long had a theory that all of the things progressives want and advocate for- social equity, anti racism, power/control, kindness/sharing- are all things they are completely bereft of in their heart of hearts. People want things because they don't have them, and they project desires on society that they actually just have for themselves.

They're so concerned with not being racist and gone so far towards that concern that they've circled around and become racist again- the entire world seen through a perpetually race based lens. They crave equity because they feel less than others. They crave power because they are out of control. They crave kindness and sharing because they are vicious and selfish. The mainstream reaction to the riots from progressives has laid all of this bare.
    Likes zarc, Maou liked this post