User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is America great now?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 12.00%
  • No

    20 80.00%
  • This question is mean.

    2 8.00%
First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 114

  1. #101
    The Greater Evil Maou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    4,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    So what do any of you think will be the consequence for America's greatness of all the deaths through naivette and stupidity during this pandemic?
    At least they died free.
    The beginning of the end is beginning.

  2. #102
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    So what do any of you think will be the consequence for America's greatness of all the deaths through naivette and stupidity during this pandemic?


    That depends how far the pandemic will go. If it remains on this level there will be some hurt pride, plenty of new debts and some dead people. However if the numbers and problems starts to snowball while people start to freak out all bets are off.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    At least they died free.
    Consequence do you think that will have?

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    That depends how far the pandemic will go. If it remains on this level there will be some hurt pride, plenty of new debts and some dead people. However if the numbers and problems starts to snowball while people start to freak out all bets are off.
    I certainly do wonder what effect it will have on a country which makes headlines for spree killers, gun violence and now extra judicial killings by the authorities.

  5. #105
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    US visitors set to remain banned from entering EU | World news | The Guardian


    Very sure Finland isn't going to deviate since they won't let Sweden in either. We'll give it another try at the end of the year. Maybe our kids will get to see their grandparents someday before they die.


    Probably. EU countries invested plenty of resources and energy to phase out the pandemic and therefore no one is in a real hurry to open the gates too much. Especially with the countries that are known "red zones". We simply have to think of our own economy and that is where our focus is. Just for the picture: EU that has 30% more people than whole US lately has less new daily cases than Florida on average day. Therefore people are "sensitive" in traveling related issues. We are generally closed towards most of the world for now, it isn't personal.

  6. #106
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    12,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Probably. EU countries invested plenty of resources and energy to phase out the pandemic and therefore no one is in a real hurry to open the gates too much. Especially with the countries that are known "red zones". We simply have to think of our own economy and that is where our focus is. Just for the picture: EU that has 30% more people than whole US lately has less new daily cases than Florida on average day. Therefore people are "sensitive" in traveling related issues. We are generally closed towards most of the world for now, it isn't personal.
    Oh I'm not saying the rest of the world shouldn't ban the US travelers: they absolutely should. But my husband would like to see his parents again, I think. Regardless of the pandemic, my in-laws won't risk coming back here at any point. I don't even think a different administration would matter after all this.

    I don't think most Americans have a clue what kind of damage has been done by Trump and the GOP that enable him, especially in Europe.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

  7. #107
    blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    13,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    At least they died free.
    Just like those people we helped in the Middle East.

    Part of me thinks we deserve Trump. Trump is actually a pretty good symbol for America; he's who we actually are as a country. I don't find his political success shocking or incomprehensible; it actually makes a lot of sense to me.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  8. #108
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I certainly do wonder what effect it will have on a country which makes headlines for spree killers, gun violence and now extra judicial killings by the authorities.


    Maybe it isn't nice to say it openly when people are obviously "listening" but the whole story about global leadership and endless greatness is basically dead at this point. No one really sees US in that light anymore. Therefore they will have to settle with the stamp "one of major countries on Earth", because the world is evidently becoming multi-polar "game of thrones" style environment. While this pandemic basically made sure that the first place is even formally lost. Because social and economic consequences will be felt for years even in best case scenario, since the system was in crisis even before the pandemic. However if the pandemic problem doesn't snowball there will probably be some major social shifts. Healthcare is kinda obvious case. After all with global travel all of this can happen again in a few years from now. Because now they finally got where most of other nation were before at some point: you can't expected that the market will always be there. In some situations normal trade simply isn't possible and therefore you need to have a system that can take damage at home.



    In short: US will need to rationalize their positions if they want to avoid the world of hurt in increasingly unstable world. However in which general direction they will go I am not 100% sure. Since they should have already made certain turns in my book.

  9. #109
    blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    13,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Maybe it isn't nice to say it openly when people are obviously "listening" but the whole story about global leadership and endless greatness is basically dead at this point. No one really sees US in that light anymore.
    no way man. no way

    you need to stop listening to democrat propaganda, man. why are u so into the democrat propaganda in croatia? u cant vote for the democrat party.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  10. #110
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Oh I'm not saying the rest of the world shouldn't ban the US travelers: they absolutely should. But my husband would like to see his parents again, I think. Regardless of the pandemic, my in-laws won't risk coming back here at any point. I don't even think a different administration would matter after all this.

    I don't think most Americans have a clue what kind of damage has been done by Trump and the GOP that enable him, especially in Europe.


    Well, if it a personal emergency and he has a very recent negative test results he should be able to pass the border. There will surely be some random planes across the Atlantic. The only concrete problem that I see is that airports are very risky places in the terms of pandemic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO